Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Actually, I seem to remember WoD including lots of different horror archetypes as playable races. I know that werewolves are one option, and I believe Frankenstein's Monster/Golems are another option (basically anything composed of inanimate/inorganic materials and then given life.) So far, all of the computer games have only focused on the vampires, though.
    Maybe:P I haven't exactly played any of the table top games, just the Bloodlines and I remember a fight with a werewolf from there:P It was huge and came through the walls when chasing me.

Deleted
    I am SO waiting for this game. They kept talking about it for years now.

Big fan of VBTM, how cool would it be to play in a MMO based on it, I mean, seriously.

So gonna rock a Malkavian girl. Gotta love those crazy bitches.

(Also, sorry for my english, ain't my first language )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Maybe:P I haven't exactly played any of the table top games, just the Bloodlines and I remember a fight with a werewolf from there:P It was huge and came through the walls when chasing me.
    Yeah, the computer games focused on nothing but the vampires, but I know Wikipedia says there's like... a lot of other monster types you can choose to play as, each with their own little gimmick (vampires have the masquerade, for example.)

Personally, I'm getting pretty damn tired of all the vampire and werewolf crap. I'd totally dig being able to play as a Frakenstein's Monster or a horror version of the Golem.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I believe we will only be able to be Kindred and possibly Hunters. Werewolves and other supernaturals will be present in the game tho.
    They are a possible expansion material.

I doubt werewolves will be playable because in WoD, they are huge mindless monsters that can tear down a building and way more powerful than your average vampire. However, one vampire clan can turn into a wolf I think and other animals.
    Yup, Gangrel.

Deleted
    Yeah, the computer games focused on nothing but the vampires, but I know Wikipedia says there's like... a lot of other monster types you can choose to play as, each with their own little gimmick (vampires have the masquerade, for example.)

Personally, I'm getting pretty damn tired of all the vampire and werewolf crap. I'd totally dig being able to play as a Frakenstein's Monster or a horror version of the Golem.
    Personally I only want to play a vampire so it doesn't bother me but more choices is always good. Besides I was into it since the "interview with a vampire" movie and it was made way before the popular ones like Twilight started popping up.

But the best part of this game is that it's meant for adults (18+ or maybe 16+) from the ground up so there will probably be none of the stupid and childish stuff there or pampering. Adults probably won't quit over their "lunch money" being stolen either.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD's vampires operate on a "clan" sort of thing. You pick a clan at character creation, and it determines which sorts of skills and abilities you can possess. Brujah are kind of like your standard brawlers, and get abilities that improve those kinds of things (abilities that make them faster, abilities that make them hit harder, etc), Ventrue are your basic "Mesmer" archetype; hypnotic suggestion, seduction, and outright mental domination are all in their bag of tricks. Nosferatu are kind of your rogue-like type - become invisible, be harder to notice, that kind of stuff.

That's what I remember from Bloodlines, anyway.
    Well, from what I've read of the stages in this game it won't work like that.

Every player and every character will start as a Mortal Human. And then have to become a Kindred (vampire) later.
    And from the statements I've read I've understood it that they want to add the other character templates (warewolfs, changelings, hunters etc) later on but only going with vampires at launch for a smaller workload.
    Something I dislike since i generally find vampires to be the least intresting, but as long as other things come I'm fine.

As for class/race etc.
    I doubt there will exist classes. There will exist abilities (str, int, manipulation etc) and Skills (marksmanship, science, intimidate etc). Those will define your character but you won't have any presets of "This class gives you -that"

Clans I think will only make some other abilities etc easier to get once you become a vampire.

As for Lore and things around the game. There is a metaplot with around 15 years of work in it that people can be free to read. I doubt all of it will be used but some of it I'm sure will be in the bottom.
    BUt in the end, CCP. It'll be a playerdriven game, just look at EVE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anything that moves far far away from the Instance to Raid grind crap we have now would be welcomed. My only issue is if they decide to make it as complex and time consuming as EVE then you will greatly limit the player base that will be drawn to it. People just don't want to play 6+ hours a day in the later stages of the game to be competitive, games should be fun and not require more work than.. well real life work.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralian View Post
    Anything that moves far far away from the Instance to Raid grind crap we have now would be welcomed. My only issue is if they decide to make it as complex and time consuming as EVE then you will greatly limit the player base that will be drawn to it. People just don't want to play 6+ hours a day in the later stages of the game to be competitive, games should be fun and not require more work than.. well real life work.
    They said that they want to make the game accessible to casuals. And, I guess becoming a Prince, or Primogen will be something for hardcores to achieve. Lets hope it's a win-win.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considerin that it is CCP that is developing I don't think you'll be able to be the BEST if you're not a hardcore player. But if they design with intelligence you'll still be able to enjoy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Considerin that it is CCP that is developing I don't think you'll be able to be the BEST if you're not a hardcore player. But if they design with intelligence you'll still be able to enjoy it.
    CCP games actually need you to be less hardcore than even WoW. You can pretty much buy the goodies in their version of the AH and don't need to be "skilled" at all or no-life for hours without end to get somewhere. However since it's player driven, you need to be intelligent and there are very few limits or protection from what you can do. For example, in EVE, you can royally screw someone over, organize a heist or something and steal someones empire:P OR so I've heard, I've never played EVE since I'm not into the space stuff much.

But the best part of this game is that it's meant for adults (18+ or maybe 16+) from the ground up so there will probably be none of the stupid and childish stuff there or pampering. Adults probably won't quit over their "lunch money" being stolen either.

Psh you kidding, half the rage stories in WoW start with "i don't have time to do X because of my jet set life style, super model wife, and 2 picture perfect kids as well as the charity foundation I run" from "adults". It's usually the kids who have time to put up with that crap like the time when I was younger I ditched school and ground 6 hours for a skill in SWG. As I was training a Bounty Hunter ganked me while I wasn't paying attention and I lost that whole day's work. Spent the evening redoing that work cursing my own carelessness.

Much like Eve though you'll know whether or not you want to put up with it or not early on. A lot of the intrigue of eve was very interesting to read about and I liked high level space ship battles but what it took to get there could never hold my interest and I could never entirely shake the feeling of playing a crappy flight sim. Here's hoping this one does a better job of making an interesting early game.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

I want my 6th gen Ravnos back :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Psh you kidding, half the rage stories in WoW start with "i don't have time to do X because of my jet set life style, super model wife, and 2 picture perfect kids as well as the charity foundation I run" from "adults". It's usually the kids who have time to put up with that crap like the time when I was younger I ditched school and ground 6 hours for a skill in SWG. As I was training a Bounty Hunter ganked me while I wasn't paying attention and I lost that whole day's work. Spent the evening redoing that work cursing my own carelessness.

Much like Eve though you'll know whether or not you want to put up with it or not early on. A lot of the intrigue of eve was very interesting to read about and I liked high level space ship battles but what it took to get there could never hold my interest and I could never entirely shake the feeling of playing a crappy flight sim. Here's hoping this one does a better job of making an interesting early game.
    Yea, same with me. I really liked the idea of the game but never even tried it because of the space thing and ships. However WoD would be like a "normal" MMO in the sense of you actually controlling a humanoid character and that with the EVE style gameplay sounds just perfect. I can't wait for this game to come out.

But the bad news is, it might be cancelled. They moved the whole development team away from the project to work on some new EVE engine and put it on hold a year ago or so and as far as I know, they haven't changed that.

As much as I like World of Darkness, I'm really not looking forward to an MMO. MMO today unfortunately means stunted repetitive gameplay; cheesy, badly written story and being forced to deal with jackasses to experience 100% of the game.

EDIT: on one hand, CCP is a promising team, who definitely CAN deliver something fresh. On the other hand "approaching stargate - warping - approaching stargate - warping - approaching stargate - warping - approaching stargate - warping..."

Oh, and I can't forget 15$ T-shirts for IN-GAME AVATARS.
    Last edited by namelessone; 2012-01-09 at 01:06 AM.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    As much as I like World of Darkness, I'm really not looking forward to an MMO. MMO today unfortunately means stunted repetitive gameplay; cheesy, badly written story and being forced to deal with jackasses to experience 100% of the game.

EDIT: on one hand, CCP is a promising team, who definitely CAN deliver something fresh. On the other hand "approaching stargate - warping - approaching stargate - warping - approaching stargate - warping - approaching stargate - warping..."

Oh, and I can't forget 15$ T-shirts for IN-GAME AVATARS.
    you haven't played EVE yet have you? while i don't like that exact playstyle, CCP absolutely created an MMO unlike the standard fare.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Mage is alot better game than Vampire IMO, but I haven't played any WoD since the reboot several years ago. Werewolves in WoD are the guardians of nature BTW, not mindless beasts by any stretch, they have (had?) a shamanistic culture and were actually far less likely to go into a frenzy than Vampires were simply because vamps do it if they run out of blood which can happen very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    you haven't played EVE yet have you? while i don't like that exact playstyle, CCP absolutely created an MMO unlike the standard fare.
    Yes, I played EVE and that's exactly what I was talking about in the EDIT. It is a very unique game, but it has some very weird gameplay moments like ridiculously long travel times occasionally. It also appeals to a VERY limited player type.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Mage is alot better game than Vampire IMO, but I haven't played any WoD since the reboot several years ago. Werewolves in WoD are the guardians of nature BTW, not mindless beasts by any stretch, they have (had?) a shamanistic culture and were actually far less likely to go into a frenzy than Vampires were simply because vamps do it if they run out of blood which can happen very easily.
    I loved the reboot, personally. It made all supernaturals a LOT more ambiguous and mysterious, and the system was made a bit more fluid. Rebooted werewolves rage quite a lot more often than old ones did, in fact new werewolves can't assume hybrid form without entering rage.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

But the bad news is, it might be cancelled. They moved the whole development team away from the project to work on some new EVE engine and put it on hold a year ago or so and as far as I know, they haven't changed that.
    wwchrism Chris McDonough
    Watching #wodmmo team sprint presentations! What a great team of developers!

This was posted three days ago on Twitter.

Every time I see someone talking about this I want to start another play through on Vampire the Masquerade

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    wwchrism Chris McDonough
    Watching #wodmmo team sprint presentations! What a great team of developers!

This was posted three days ago on Twitter.
    It would be awesome if that means what I think it means