Thread: Legacy

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legacy

If I delete all my characters on a server does legacy reset? Has there been any info if BioWare will allow Legacy Name change in the future?

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like you are willing to lose your characters if it does work so why not try it and tell us what happened. Im curious but I also like my legacy name and don't want to level my main to 50 again. If they do allow changes, its far off because we don't even know how they will end up using legacy.

Deleted
    I have no doubt that it will be a feature at some point in time but the major prompts telling you to think carefully about it suggest that it is a long way off and something that will take a back-seat whilst other stuff is sorted.
    As to deleting all your characters, if your willing to throw away any progress then it can't hurt to try (dont think you'll get a definitive answer, at least not here anyway). Just as a side-note, you are aware you can hide your legacy name via preferences right? Any reason why you can't just keep it hidden until such time as more legacy info is released and features such as name changes added?

Yeah I have it hidden for all my characters, I'm just jealous of all the people who have a cool legacy name shown Decided to keep my characters so don't have the answer to this myself.

if you want a healer to heal you you should hide it. its soooo many times I've looked on my frames for a person not finding him cause I'm looking for that stupid surname

Quote Originally Posted by Sibis View Post
    Yeah I have it hidden for all my characters, I'm just jealous of all the people who have a cool legacy name shown Decided to keep my characters so don't have the answer to this myself.
    If I didn't have a 44 I'd try it. I used my own toons name as my Legacy as I thought it was an individual legacy (Whether I was told or not I can't remember), I just figured it was something like a second list of abilities judging from one of the tips on the loading screen.

That said, I doubt it. I only wish that you could delete your legacy. I don't mind getting those 5 levels again if I could change name. "The Potentia Legacy", meaning power in Latin (according to translators), isn't too bad but I can't really use it in a title. Ah well. Hiding it works too.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i fekked my legacy name up totally lol, tried a few names/words but werent allowed, finally got one accepted but got it all wrong so i gotta hide it ;p hope they let you change it otherwise its a shame tbh. even if its a one off thng or costs like 10000000 creds for being a tard
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Deleted
    well legacy is only for the server youre on. i tested it out so if you want another one you could always try rerolling on a diff server
    but maybe deleting all characters works aswell

One of the functions of the legacy they wanted was to be a server rep status for players, i.e. if you're a jackass than people will know you're alts too. Because of this they said at one point that if/when they allowed legacy name changes it would not be a simple thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    One of the functions of the legacy they wanted was to be a server rep status for players, i.e. if you're a jackass than people will know you're alts too. Because of this they said at one point that if/when they allowed legacy name changes it would not be a simple thing to do.
    But that just doesn't matter when you can hide it though, surely?

I have not tried it myself, but i did read a post on the ToR forums complaining that there was no way to change legacy names yet. He stated deleting all characters did not allow you to pick a new legacy name.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    But that just doesn't matter when you can hide it though, surely?
    There are still ways of finding the info out.

And don't call me Shirley.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    bullshit tbh,, i made a tiny error when makin my legacy name, i made a ticket to see if its possible for them to adjust it slightly and answer is NO... shirley all they gotta do is press a button and they can correct it..... maybe they should allow spelling mistakes to be rectified but not a complete name change???? im well fekked off lol.. if this was wow and i made a ticket theyd sort it straight away...... but for now i gotta hide my legacy name which is fekkin annoyin !!!!

Deleted
    actually i don't think that you will lose your legacy name if there are no characters left ...
    i guess that once you chose a legacy name it's stuck with your whole account ...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so after all the awesomeness of the class story line, the excellent twist towards then end and the fun and excitiment, it ends up meaning nothing if u make a tiny error lol.... nooooooooooooooo
    kinda the same thing when you choose your "special" spec... if you end up finding you dont like the choice you made then your also screwed over.... come on bioware, sort this shit out, its only a game so why not allow changes if folks r unhappy bout it..

Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    so after all the awesomeness of the class story line, the excellent twist towards then end and the fun and excitiment, it ends up meaning nothing if u make a tiny error lol.... nooooooooooooooo
    kinda the same thing when you choose your "special" spec... if you end up finding you dont like the choice you made then your also screwed over.... come on bioware, sort this shit out, its only a game so why not allow changes if folks r unhappy bout it..
    Or you could actually think about what you do, before you do it? Is it to much to ask for you as a player to think and really make a good decision when faced with important choices?

If I remember correctly the legacy name even warns you in big fat letters that you cant miss, about not being able to change the name once you have chosen one.

About the AC, they have a neat npc that explains what each role does and how it plays. If you dont like that then tough nooki. Heck they even warn you that its not possible to change after you made the choice. (Which should be incentive to go and research a bit.)

if this was wow and i made a ticket theyd sort it straight away......
    yes I'm sure WoW GMs would do that, just as they would change your characters name for no reason at all, just like that at your pleasure.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liania View Post
    Or you could actually think about what you do, before you do it? Is it to much to ask for you as a player to think and really make a good decision when faced with important choices?

If I remember correctly the legacy name even warns you in big fat letters that you cant miss, about not being able to change the name once you have chosen one.

About the AC, they have a neat npc that explains what each role does and how it plays. If you dont like that then tough nooki. Heck they even warn you that its not possible to change after you made the choice. (Which should be incentive to go and research a bit.)
    yes your right it did say "accept" or summit before i accepted....... but imo there should be a thing that shows you how your legacy name will look before you click accept..this is all new to everyone and i was unaware that my legacy name would turn out the way it did..
    when i seen others with there legacy name it shows as (for example ill use jenkins as legacy name ;p) "toon name" "the jenkins legacy"....... now. when i made mine i didnt know i didnt have to put the word "the" so my legacy title reads "the thejenkins legacy".... which looks fekkin stoopid (and no i didnt use the name jenkins) but i wish i knew i didnt have to use the word "the" thats all im saying....

and as for the description of how/what the special specs are, yes i did a lil research. but researching and actually playing that chosen spec are totally different.. like on my bounty hunter i chose powertech to do tanking and it feels so wrong as a bounty hunter tank for me and i dont like it one bit lol, so yea imade wrong choice and am now stuck with it. but i dont play bounty hunter anymore i ditched it and im now an operative and its fekkin amazin fun.
    just wish after all the fun and excitment of doing the class story i didnt feel so twatish about fekkin my legacy name up lol

but would it be so difficult to show how your legacy name would look either wya youd like to display it before accepting???? no i dont think so and im sure im not the only one whos screwed up there legacy name lol........... its a game at the end of the day, which we pay for... so for them to say no, youve fekked up and have to live with for the whole time you play this game is a bit retarded imo.

yes your right it did say "accept" or summit before i accepted....... but imo there should be a thing that shows you how your legacy name will look before you click accept..this is all new to everyone and i was unaware that my legacy name would turn out the way it did..
    when i seen others with there legacy name it shows as (for example ill use jenkins as legacy name ;p) "toon name" "the jenkins legacy"....... now. when i made mine i didnt know i didnt have to put the word "the" so my legacy title reads "the thejenkins legacy".... which looks fekkin stoopid (and no i didnt use the name jenkins) but i wish i knew i didnt have to use the word "the" thats all im saying....

and as for the description of how/what the special specs are, yes i did a lil research. but researching and actually playing that chosen spec are totally different.. like on my bounty hunter i chose powertech to do tanking and it feels so wrong as a bounty hunter tank for me and i dont like it one bit lol, so yea imade wrong choice and am now stuck with it. but i dont play bounty hunter anymore i ditched it and im now an operative and its fekkin amazin fun.
    just wish after all the fun and excitment of doing the class story i didnt feel so twatish about fekkin my legacy name up lol

but would it be so difficult to show how your legacy name would look either wya youd like to display it before accepting???? no i dont think so and im sure im not the only one whos screwed up there legacy name lol........... its a game at the end of the day, which we pay for... so for them to say no, youve fekked up and have to live with for the whole time you play this game is a bit retarded imo.
    Would be nice with a way to show how it would look yes. The only way you could have made it look like "the thejenkins legacy" is if you typed it like that.

Even if you wrote "The Jenkins Legacy" and they added a "the" (which they dont) it would read "theThe Jenkins Legacy"

So what I think happened is that you named you legacy "the thejenkins legacy" (typing error, shit happens) and clicked ok before checking it. Other than that, your story doesnt make sense.

What you type into your legacy name field is what is shown 1 space behind your name. So "OLOLIPLAYSWTOR" would be "name OLOLIPLAYSWTOR"

About the AC, how is it different from wow classes? Think about AC as a seperate class you choose at lvl 10, if you dont like the class, then reroll. If you choose a wrong class in wow, you cant just magically change class, your forced to reroll, which is how it should be.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    your missin the point lol................. for some stoopid reason i just thought u had to type the word "the" and your chosen name and it would display it like "the name legacy" or "toonname the name", yes i was a tard for doin that but maybe i was just chuffed at the end of my class story and wasnt eally concentratin or what i dunno as it popped up as i was leaving the area where i finished my class story, i already had a name i wanted to use so just whacked it in and then was like AAAAHHHH wtf did i do ;p
    but mistakes happen and now it looks like i gotta suffer with it for aslong as i play this game lol...................

as for AC, in my eyes a bounty hunter or agent is the class.. the AC part is just a set of specs for that "class" so obviously you cant say i wanna swap from bounty hunter to agent at a trainer. but an option to change from one AC to another isnt a big deal as far as i see ;p.. i mean how the hell do you know your gonna like being the AC choice you made when you level up passed level 10.. they shoulda made it a level 50 thing. swap between them all untill level 50, maybe leave some important talents out, see what you like then make your choice...
    all it does is limit you........

i am disappoint that i made this mistake... so anyone else reading this just make sure you got it correct lol, or suffer by hiding your legacy !!!!!