Poll: What are you doing in the meantime?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Just hit 30 in HoM which kept me busy last couple of weeks. Also watching a lot of series like HIMYM, BMS, Awkward. Now I'm mainly PvPing on my Elementalist and playing MW3 (but im more a RPG guy). I really want/need Gw2...

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    I'm also playing RIFT and since hitting 50 I'm pretty bored, to be honest My guild is starting to raid casually and I might join so who knows, haha.
    Yea, I am not sick of it. We cleared Hammerknell before December, so it's just farm farm farm. It was a grueling tier. Just don't wanna be burnt between progression in TOR and Rift.

Still love Rift, but it's a raider's MMO. Which I love, but ymmv.

There is still a slight lack of polish in TOR operations. We went 3 deep in EV quite quickly. And only with some small effort we cleared normals and pushed to 5th in HM. TOR is awesome though, not that I am downing it. Just the tactical complexity of the game is a bit... slight for a first tier.

I don't really care about the story stuff. I don't like star wars. :s
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-01-07 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I wait for GW2 I play TF2 atm and I might get some Indie games the next time...

Quote Originally Posted by Niamea View Post
    While I wait for GW2 I play TF2 atm and I might get some Indie games the next time...
    Awesome, I just bought 'Bastion' from Steam. It's pretty short but it is simply amazing. Check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Just hit 30 in HoM which kept me busy last couple of weeks. Also watching a lot of series like HIMYM, BMS, Awkward. Now I'm mainly PvPing on my Elementalist and playing MW3 (but im more a RPG guy). I really want/need Gw2...
    You got MW3 on PC? Kind of interested in getting it, but I'm not sure yet!

I also agree on GW2! :P I am craving some news, it's been a bit boring over the last few weeks (since Mesmer announcement)

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Still love Rift, but it's a raider's MMO. Which I love, but ymmv.

There is still a slight lack of polish in TOR operations. We went 3 deep in EV quite quickly. And only with some small effort we cleared normals and pushed to 5th in HM. TOR is awesome though, not that I am downing it. Just the tactical complexity of the game is a bit... slight for a first tier.

I don't really care about the story stuff. I don't like star wars. :s
    Yep, RIFT is for sure about end-game content, while levelling is still a little bit of a grind

Nothing caught my eye about SW:TOR to be honest. Just another MMO with the same 'ol features.

Just patiently waiting for some juicy GW2 news!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing swtor its amazing.
    Stop nerfing every character I play! I want to be Op....

Deleted
    Either you love to refresh or you have an old-ish keyboard :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Playing Terraria out of boredom. It's ok, but having to farm and kill the new bosses looks to be more of a chore than anything. Sadly, not interested in any mmos currently on the market, so just biding my time.

Yeah, to be honest, SW:TOR seemed really good, but when I was playing, I noticed how indifferent it is... If I HAD to play another MMO than WoW, I'd play Rift.

Currenctly though, it's WoW. Also playing a lot of Steam games. I've had a thing for Orcs Must Die! lately, something about traps and killing tons of evil orcs is just really fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Playing Terraria out of boredom. It's ok, but having to farm and kill the new bosses looks to be more of a chore than anything. Sadly, not interested in any mmos currently on the market, so just biding my time.
    Me and a few mates farmed the new bosses as soon as the update hit 1.6 and we cleared that really quick, now I'm bored until next update! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    --snip--
    At a first glance I thought it was weed growing out of it :3

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Yeah, to be honest, SW:TOR seemed really good, but when I was playing, I noticed how indifferent it is... If I HAD to play another MMO than WoW, I'd play Rift.

Currenctly though, it's WoW. Also playing a lot of Steam games. I've had a thing for Orcs Must Die! lately, something about traps and killing tons of evil orcs is just really fun to me.
    Yep, RIFT is steadily becoming boring to me, though I got a few steam games and a few F2P MMO's but that isn't going to satisfy me until GW2 by the looks of it

Oh the pain!

15+ Year Old Account
    Me and a few mates farmed the new bosses as soon as the update hit 1.6 and we cleared that really quick, now I'm bored until next update! Lol.

At a first glance I thought it was weed growing out of it :3

Yep, RIFT is steadily becoming boring to me, though I got a few steam games and a few F2P MMO's but that isn't going to satisfy me until GW2 by the looks of it

Oh the pain!
    Of course those bosses are easy when you have friends. Sadly I am going to have to face them solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Of course those bosses are easy when you have friends. Sadly I am going to have to face them solo.
    You can solo them pretty easy but you need adamantite/Mythril armor and weapons

Deleted
    I finally got 'round to cancelling my WoW and Rift accounts a few weeks ago (aint logged on to either in months). Before SWTOR I was playing Skyrim...and now it's all SWTOR.

I go through phases, with my spare time, of either gaming or coding...I've always got some coding projects on the go, I code games or bits of games - am currently spending a lot of time thinking and reading about game AI.

I'm enjoying SWTOR but I'm seeing it as a time sink, I'll have zero problem cancelling when something else is released (or possibly before) - I like what they've done with the story...but the whole thing rests atop the very, very familiar MMO template that puts me off other games. I think calling it "WoW with a Star wars skin" is a little ungenerous...but at the same time, I can see what causes people to think that. Something strange, given the story elements - I'm just not connecting that deeply with any of my characters...I have 4 characters, one in each stream (Knight, Consular, Trooper, Smuggler)...I enjoy bits of each one, but there isn't one whole class that I really love playing...from a game play perspective, my button isn't quite being pushed.

Ultimately, I need GW2...I'm looking forward to D3, but to nowhere near the same degree. I see D3 as a game with a beginning, middle and end...you play through it a few times, but you finish it. Whereas, GW2 is something that feels more open and freer...the character I create on launch day, I could be playing in 5 years time. Neither is right or wrong, of course...but it shows that personally, I'm looking for the deeper, more immersive commitment...probably because I haven't had that since the WoW golden days.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    I finally got 'round to cancelling my WoW and Rift accounts a few weeks ago (aint logged on to either in months). Before SWTOR I was playing Skyrim...and now it's all SWTOR.

I go through phases, with my spare time, of either gaming or coding...I've always got some coding projects on the go, I code games or bits of games - am currently spending a lot of time thinking and reading about game AI.

I'm enjoying SWTOR but I'm seeing it as a time sink, I'll have zero problem cancelling when something else is released (or possibly before) - I like what they've done with the story...but the whole thing rests atop the very, very familiar MMO template that puts me off other games. I think calling it "WoW with a Star wars skin" is a little ungenerous...but at the same time, I can see what causes people to think that. Something strange, given the story elements - I'm just not connecting that deeply with any of my characters...I have 4 characters, one in each stream (Knight, Consular, Trooper, Smuggler)...I enjoy bits of each one, but there isn't one whole class that I really love playing...from a game play perspective, my button isn't quite being pushed.

Ultimately, I need GW2...I'm looking forward to D3, but to nowhere near the same degree. I see D3 as a game with a beginning, middle and end...you play through it a few times, but you finish it. Whereas, GW2 is something that feels more open and freer...the character I create on launch day, I could be playing in 5 years time. Neither is right or wrong, of course...but it shows that personally, I'm looking for the deeper, more immersive commitment...probably because I haven't had that since the WoW golden days.
    I completely agree with SW:TOR, the template you described is what throws me off current MMO's. They all use it with a few tweaks, changes and little rewards each to their own to make it 'different' and 'unique' but when it boils down, it's the same thing over and over.

Furthermore, GW2 changes that stereotypical template to a whole new degree which is what is mainly peaking my excitement. I'm really confident that ANet are going to release an AMAZING game that will make Blizzard a little scared.

In addition, I agree with what you said about playing characters in years to come. I'm in the Diablo 3 beta and I don't really find it that fun, it's not really my thing. So GW2 will be the thing I'm playing in the years to come.

Cant. Fuckin'. Wait.

Deleted
    Cant. Fuckin'. Wait.
    Hallelujah to that :-)

You forgot the option reddit.com

I bought a lot of games on Steam, so I have a huge backlog of games to play through. Since none of the poll options match though, I just said doing real life stuff. Because I do that too. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Little of choice 1 and 2. Waiting to see if I get into my Master's program officially or if I have to take another elective. Loooooong story. Either way, that and WoW are keeping me busy. And I might get a new job and an internship. So pretty soon I might be too busy to even think about GW2; at least until it is released or I get into beta.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

League of legends!:3

Deleted
    Military service starting on monday. ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit WoW months ago, am casually playing Tor as a filler and basically i keep watching GW2 Vids, reading these very forums and dying a little inside hanging for release lol. But i am also doing real life stuff ofc