Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why not giving an option to players to pvp without healers?

Seriously they just make bgs unballenced (especially if u play horde) and arenas last for hours

I know alot of players wont agree with me but i think like this:
    Healers are awesome for pve i love their roll and everything
    but when it comes to pvp if we can call it pvp becouse it seems for me like fighting a boss or doing pve contents when u are trying to kill someone that is constantly being healed...
    What i think is that pvp needs to be fast u need a good timing good order of using ur abilities u have to predict what an enemy is gonna do and what u should do and when it is better for u to move back get urself up and go back in the fight ----> Thats what makes pvp exciting, it makes ur heart beat fast when u are close to death and u manage to survive by urself and it should be that way
    But guess what all this is lost when there is a healer involved:
    -if the one u are fighting is getting healed the fight gets meaningless (a good player can kill 2 dps classes if they are wounded or no that good players, but noone can kill a healer and a dps no matter what)
    -and if u are getting healed ofcourse u feal great, like a god killing everyone that passes but u loose ur precision and real excitment becouse u dont need to use much abilities especcialy not the surviving ones wich are actually the most fun ones

and btw thats not like totaly new idea: i think they are trying to do this in GW2 and people seem to like it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzan View Post
    (especially if u play horde)
    There is no appreciable difference between the factions.

I'd prefer PvP without healers, but it's not gonna happen.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

it seems for me like fighting a boss or doing pve contents when u are trying to kill someone that is constantly being healed...
    Have you ever tried killing the healer?

hi guys im a night elf hunter and im 10 yrs old. i might not be good at speeling or grammer or anything but if u dont like it you can shut up (especially if u play horde). i was trying to kill this warrior and he had 2 healers behind him heailng him and no matter how much i arcane shot him he never went down and eventually he killed me. this game sucks not as good as GW2 and WoW should fix it
    I fixed it for ya

i would prefer pvp without any kind of combat ... you know no tanks no dpses ... just healers having a good time

Deleted
    Well my grammer doesnt affect how good i play the game thats the first thing (its pretty immature to go down on that lvl)
    u just dont get my fact
    have i ever tried to kill a healer lol.. i am not looking for advices how to play i am just trying to discuss smth and se how others feel about it

as for u wll i gusee u are that warrior than all happy having two healers behind

what i said was that they are making the game less fun athleast for me (its not that i only complain that it is becouse alliance usually have more healers but i dont like healers in my team either)
    so tell me do u like being in arena for like 1 hour fighting an endless fights

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    I fixed it for ya
    pretty much... but if he was a hunter he would pretty much die to the warrior before he needed any heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    I fixed it for ya
    Hahahahaha, you just made me lol irl

Deleted
    Seriously they just make bgs unballenced (especially if u play horde) and arenas last for hours

but when it comes to pvp if we can call it pvp becouse it seems for me like fighting a boss or doing pve contents when u are trying to kill someone that is constantly being healed...
    What i think is that pvp needs to be fast u need a good timing good order of using ur abilities u have to predict what an enemy is gonna do and what u should do and when it is better for u to move back get urself up and go back in the fight ----> Thats what makes pvp exciting, it makes ur heart beat fast when u are close to death and u manage to survive by urself and it should be that way
    -if the one u are fighting is getting healed the fight gets meaningless (a good player can kill 2 dps classes if they are wounded or no that good players, but noone can kill a healer and a dps no matter what)
    -and if u are getting healed ofcourse u feal great, like a god killing everyone that passes but u loose ur precision and real excitment becouse u dont need to use much abilities especcialy not the surviving ones wich are actually the most fun ones

and btw thats not like totaly new idea: i think they are trying to do this in GW2 and people seem to like it
    Sounds like some baddie doesn't have a healer friends

Well my grammer doesnt affect how good i play the game thats the first thing (its pretty immature to go down on that lvl)
    u just dont get my fact
    have i ever tried to kill a healer lol.. i am not looking for advices how to play i am just trying to discuss smth and se how others feel about it

as for u wll i gusee u are that warrior than all happy having two healers behind

what i said was that they are making the game less fun athleast for me (its not that i only complain that it is becouse alliance usually have more healers but i dont like healers in my team either)
    Okay, first off, arena matches have a 40min limit to which a draw will then be given. There are no "hour games" in the arena. Secondly, just because you have ADD and run away from your team then try to solo two people only hinders your goal of actually winning the battleground. Thirdly, if you stick with your team and don't get ADD then focus their healers they will die. Fourth and lastly, If you hate the fact that your team doesn't have healers.... roll a healer. Lazy dps.

Deleted
    Okay so you are bad, really it's not a big problem, go for the healer or roll a healer yourself

Take the tanks out while you're at it. It would make things a lot less messy.

Quote Originally Posted by theKarn View Post
    Okay, first off, arena matches have a 40min limit to which a draw will then be given. There are no "hour games" in the arena. Secondly, just because you have ADD and run away from your team then try to solo two people only hinders your goal of actually winning the battleground. Thirdly, if you stick with your team and don't get ADD then focus their healers they will die. Fourth and lastly, If you hate the fact that your team doesn't have healers.... roll a healer. Lazy dps.
    Calling someone lazy in a game is priceless, it's a game not a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

What a bunch of arrogant haters, seriously. Yes, the OP has crappy language, but that doesn't mean you are allowed to disrespect and patronize him like that. Stop making fun of his post, which IMHO was more insightful than half the bullcrap I stumble upon on these forums on a daily basis.

@OP: I am personally a healer, so I wouldn't really care much for a special "healer-less" BG queue, for example. But it might be a fun option to have for other people. Problem is, how would you implement it? Would you have all healing negated, including DK's self-healing? Or have only specific healing spells reduced by 90% or something?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    u just dont get my fact

With healers it adds more to the combat, not just let nuke him him him then him. Healers are awesome in bg's because they distract idiot dps who dont interupt or silence, while they carry on with there job, in a 2v2 that make the round a 2v1 :P
    I stand by this as a fact: Healers add some sort of tactic, not an illusion of skill seen by getting lucky on crits.

btw, people arnt gona look nicely upon you as your OP had a reference to GW2 and was like a kid complaining (no offence)

He's right.

In random PvP, healers are a scourge. They ruin every potential for good fights unless there is roughly the same amount of healers (similar gear, skill, ...) on both sides and also present at roughly the same location.

Organized PvP is a different story, of course. But it makes up a very small portion of PvP in any case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    He's right.

In random PvP, healers are a scourge. They ruin every potential for good fights unless there is roughly the same amount of healers (similar gear, skill, ...) on both sides and also present at roughly the same location.

Organized PvP is a different story, of course. But it makes up a very small portion of PvP in any case.
    Even having the same number of healers doesn't make things better - instead of one team curbstomping the other, both teams are now pumping three million damage into each other with no kills.

Well, assuming that magic number of healers is at least 3.

I dunno, I think combat in PvP would be a lot more dynamic if there were no dedicated healers, but last time I suggested the idea I got shot down, mostly by the same kind of people who made up the first half dozen replies in this thread.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I don't really get people above who blame OP like "omg I am bad wow fix it". No, he makes much more sense than any of you flamers, since you miss the part when he asks for an OPTION to go without healers.
    All of you who like to dps a healer for hours to get rid of his absorb shield and maybe 90%hp could go with healers. But he asked for an option for people who think healers are just the destroyer of the fun of PvP.

I agree with the OP, either removing healers or removing resilience would bring a fun PvP once again.

EDIT: I haven't been playing WoW for a year now but a change like this would likely take me back.

Deleted

If you don't like arena games lasting for hours, play double DPS urself. And pvp without healers would really make everything even more imbalanced. I think you should ask this question on AJ, don't think many people would agree with you

While they're at it I think tanks should be removed too and although it will seem pointless in capture the flag RBG's, the FC could be given like a 10% reduced damage taken buff just so the DPS FC's don't get one shotted.