Poll: Which profession are You going?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I want to stick with playing what I know (Elementalist and Necormancer) I voted for Engineer. After watching the videos I just think their playstyle looks epic and I want to try something new. I Don't know what weapons I'll be using yet though not too familiar with how this system works but when the game is announced I will be doing a lot of research.

Deleted
    Woa, since when did Necromancer become this popular and did people leave the elementalist flagship?

Its so difficult! I cant make decisions this important! lol

Guardian. It does not matter how many other people are playing them. I can tell that it will fit my playstyle best of the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc View Post
    Guardian. It does not matter how many other people are playing them. I can tell that it will fit my playstyle best of the classes.
    Likewise! That will be my PvE 'focused' profession. And my thief will be my PvP 'focused' one

10+ Year Old Account
    Human Mesmer, followed by a Norn Guardian. Then at some point the other classes except Warrior and Necromancer, those interest me the least.

Either between the Engineer, Thief or Ranger, but I voted Engineer. Honestly what ever I feel like making when the time comes to make my first toon out of those 3 and possibly Warrior or Elementalist might be in the choices as well xD
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Guardian looks sick.
    I really love using a shield, even if holy trinity is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scripted Sigma View Post
    Guardian looks sick.
    I really love using a shield, even if holy trinity is gone.
    This is partially the reason why I love the Guardian so much. I love knight-type classes and hybrids. The fact that the Guardian is both is just makes me want to play it more.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

From day 1 my class selection has been the elementalist.
    It has all my favourite class type talent trees from wow.
    fire mage, frost mage, elemental shaman.

Haven't decided on human or asura.
    Last edited by Chronius; 2012-01-10 at 12:47 AM.

Gonna try them all!

Main's prob Asura Elementalist and Norn Ranger. But leaning heavily towards Sylvari Mesmer, Human Thief and Charr Engineer.
    So yeah...prob all

I'm wondering why the Ranger is on the last place (there needs to be a last place, but still) is it because the concept of the old nature guy/girl + pet is getting old?

Perhaps, but I think the Ranger is a master in control and support, the very first class I played in the Demo was the Ranger and I was surprised how quickly the Ranger plays. Unlike GW1, your pet in GW2 isn't just a walking smash dummy on paws, they have their own skills as well. But I think that the basic concept is being used so much that people discard it quicker than other classes, even though GW2 takes it on a different level. We're all going to try one though, that's for sure

Since I first looked at GW2, even up until now, my main choice is staying a Mace/Mace warrior, to knock the living hell out of everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I'm wondering why the Ranger is on the last place (there needs to be a last place, but still) is it because the concept of the old nature guy/girl + pet is getting old?
    I just wish Asura Rangers could have a Golem pet.
    The whole nature/animal class concept has never interested me, but giant robot companion? Hell yeah!

What makes it annoying too, is that all races except Asura have a unique starter pet available .
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-01-10 at 10:32 AM.

I like to think that our wee sharp teeth do the work of a unique pet

Seriously though...yh, that it a bit annoying. Didn't know that. I hope Anet may be planning the golem thing...but then it would be unbalanced to Asura with 4. /shrug

To be honest, I like the ranger but in the gameplayvideos shown so far, the pet AI seems rather dull and clumsy.
    I hope to see better videos in future, as some of the available pets so far are quite marvelous. (and I love to collect rare pets)
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    im thinking of norn warrior with sword and shield and long bow and human guardian necro engineer with.......... Not a clue yet so many choices xD and then theres elementalist i want to try... the only class i dont want to play is mesmer heh.
    Last edited by mmoc3022dabbe8; 2012-01-10 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I just wish Asura Rangers could have a Golem pet.
    The whole nature/animal class concept has never interested me, but giant robot companion? Hell yeah!

What makes it annoying too, is that all races except Asura have a unique starter pet available .
    I'd love that!
    Meh, can't decide if I want an Asura Engineer or <something> Guardian!

Deleted
    I want pink asura mesmer!
    But I'm a bit worried how much melee is in mesmer, might be gamebreaking even though the pinkness might make it worth it anyway
    And an asura necromancer. Having those two is clear cut, but hopefully mesmer will be the main.
    Then, depending on how many slots are left I want elementalist, engineer and ranger. Don't have much feelings for the remaining, but if there is slots for one of each class (which I doubt they give you with the box) I will make one... since I dont have to level them all I can check them out in pvp =)

Deleted
    Probably thief!

I just like that playstyle a lot.

It isn't set in stone, though. In GW1 my main was a Mesmer...so that might be kinda nostalgic.

On the other hand all classes seem interesting, I just hope they're not too homogenized