Poll: Which profession are You going?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've never been one to make a choice from the get-go and stick with it, so I'll probably play all the classes considerably before making up my mind.

As far as races go, I'll probably stick with Human for my Scholar and Adventurer classes, and probably Norn for my Soldiers. May even stick with Human when I try guardian, and leave Norn for my Warrior. Asura, Sylvari and Charr just don't appeal to me.

I do have to admit that I'm excited about the Mesmer. I enjoyed the Mesmer in the original Guild Wars and I love psychic themed magic. Hell, even as a kid playing Pokemon way back in the day, I tried my damnedest to build an all Psychic/Ghost team! My love for psychic themed classes is one of the many reasons why my main in World of Warcraft has been a Shadow Priest for quite some time.

The Elementalist, however, looks very tempting as well, not only having different skillsets for each weapon combo, but also for each elemental attunement on top of that. They sound quite fun.

Next, there's the Necromancer. I love playing debuffers as well, and the aesthetic of Necromancer abilities is just fantastic.

Beyond that, I'll probably mess around a little with an Engineer, and I'll probably also try a ranged Warrior and/or Thief.

As far as weapons go, I have no clue at the moment, even after checking out the skill builder. However, an Axe wielding Necromancer sounds interesting.

Thus far I'm sticking with my gaurdian, with an elementalist (probably) as my second profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norn Warrior.
    Always played warrior classes, something about the juggernaut in armour has always appealed to me. Also Norn warrior will be even better cause i can can't think of anything better than playing a Viking-esk warrior.

Mesmer is still my main choice, followed by Ranger.

I'll plan on playing 2.

Guardian (lore, archetype) suits my personality.

Mesmer suits my PVP playstyle.

I've planned on a Mesmer since 2007. Nothing has changed. My primary alts will probably be Elementalist, Thief, and Guardian.

Mesmer, I will be seeing all you guardians in hell, because I can send you there :3
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Elementalist and most likely Azura.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

first character will be a Norn male warrior. mace/shield, mace/warhorn, hammer, bow. and go smash stuff.

Warrior main, then do all the achievements down the class line like GW1. Wait for expansion.

Oddly, I feel less compelled to want to play "everything" this time. Given time, I usually play every class so that I know what tools they use and how in a raid environment. But since instances are rather lite here, there isn't any motivation for me at this time to plan out a class order.

So I guess, Warrior. And then take it from there- Mesmer, Elementalist, Engineer...
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-01-07 at 09:01 PM.

Like I answered in all those threads before: Charr Guardian and Asura Thief. Voted for the kitty here.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

All I know is I won't play guardian, elementalist, or necro. Engineer I'm not sure of yet, I think they're going to be kind of ridiculously strong with thumper turrets. Warriors was my initial choice up until I found out that Greatsword wasn't good for PvP and that every warrior will be going 2h mace because of all the skillful AoE knockdowns/backs.

Thief and Ranger look very fun to play. They feel like very solo oriented classes with a high skill ceiling and lots of diverse utility.

There's not enough info on Mesmer(or any class tbh), but I'm really just interested in playing Greatsword Mesmer, like warrior Greatsword, if it's not viable for PvP I probably won't play it.

For races I'll most likely switch between human and norn, maybe one sylvari. Charr and Asura will not be made, unless there's glaring racial imbalance.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Holy shit. I was originally rolling a thief. Now it's guardian for sure. >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Am really stuck between Mesmer and Elementalist, I also don't know which race I want..

Too much choice
    Right! Me too!

I really like them both but I'm alittle on the Elementalist side right now, I'm probably gonna decide if I get into some kind of
    Beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranger > Guardian = Warrior > Mesmer > All.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Thief main, dual guns pewpew. Warrior alt, dont know 'bout weapon yet =3

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvari Messmer for me, because well that will be beautiful , and most likely an Asura not sure what Prof tho.

Deleted
    Sylvari Mesmer for me too. After that, hmmmmm...engineer or thief. The engineer looks fun - but I *love* shadow-stepping...so we'll see.

Warrior is my least favourite...and Necro isn't that appealing. I think I like the gameplay more where, if you get hit, you die - but you've got a bunch of sneaky ways of not getting hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    After looking at the builder, I don't really like the sword/shield combo. I like Flash Blade but everything else, to me at least, is inferior to the mace/shield. Mind you this is my own opinion.
    Do you know a funny thing? I can play however I want because ArenaNet let's me! That's what so awesome about Guild Wars 2, if I find a special weapon combo awesome, I can play that way because.. I can 8D

And you can play however you want with weapon combos you like

Deleted
    What I am torn between playing is: Warrior/Guardian and race Human/Charr.
    Mesmer, Necro, Thief, are gonna be the last ones I'll play, If I ever will. Same goes for Asura and Sylvari.

What I also like, and am not sure about is Elementalist, too cool, but no idea about actual effectiveness.
    What I find appealing but not as much as Elementalist is Engineer, the idea of random stuff just makes me excited, as I am a goblin engineer in 5 chars in wow and I love the random O-shit buttons that u dont know what to expect. Surprising both you and the enemy!

If a ranger has though, an easier time beating mesmers, it might be my choice.
    I would hate playing a class having trouble against mesmer, I could work my way around other classes, but mesmer I wont really bother, so if a proffesion has even a slight (say 5%) more chance on beating a mersmer, than say, the class I will play on release, I will reroll.