Poll: Which profession are You going?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will roll all of them at some point as I'm sure everyone else will. My first roll will be a warrior with a 2h greatsword and 1h sword and shield. The guardian, thief and ranger are pretty tits as well.

Deleted
    I'm going for an Asura ranger dual weilding a sword in the main hand and a axe in the off hand with a drake as the pet. I hope it works the way how im thinking where i'd still be doing reasonable melee damage as a ranger with me and my bet just beating stuff

Mesmer most likely, love the battlemage kind of class. :3
    Thief and Engineer are good choices aswell.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Mesmer most likely, love the battlemage kind of class. :3
    Thief and Engineer are good choices aswell.
    Are you sure they are? People seem to be arguing on whether or not they can be played like a melee or are ranged with some melee abilities. I swear if I could play a strictly melee mesmer I'd totally play one.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-01-08 at 02:44 AM.

Deleted
    More then likely them alll at some stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guardian... It was always Guardian.

Even before they announced the Guardian.

I loved my Monk, when I heard they were leaving the Monk out of GW2, and adding it into another class, I knew I would play whatever class that was, and it's the Guardian.

Sword and Shield Main Weapon Set

Hammer for Secondary Weapon Set

As well as a combination of the others in my inventory, just to switch things up along the way.

No multiple choices I am going with engineer and ranger. Want something with a bit of range that uses tools to deliver damage.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Norn Warrior

Guardian

I intend to make a name for myself in PvP. You know, that guy that when you see him, you REALLY REALLY want to kick his ass so you can be like "OMG I BEAT (insert awesome name here)!"

Had that back in the days in Aion. I was a Templar and a quite known one. Now since Guardians seem to be the closest to a templar, It's the logical next step.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorial View Post
    Guardian

I intend to make a name for myself in PvP. You know, that guy that when you see him, you REALLY REALLY want to kick his ass so you can be like "OMG I BEAT (insert awesome name here)!"

Had that back in the days in Aion. I was a Templar and a quite known one. Now since Guardians seem to be the closest to a templar, It's the logical next step.
    I hope it's in a good way though!

I then want to see you as ''It's that awesome and respectful PvP player, which fights skillfully and assists his allies, his unkillable even alone! My goal is to kill him one day'' rather than ''Oh god it's that player who /spit /lol you when you die, make alts and spam you on your server, I sure want to kill him badly''

10+ Year Old Account
    Human Necromancers are awesome.

You know, after seeing that video of that awesome Guardian 1v1... I think I'm gonna play Guardian.
    Last edited by Scrabblet; 2012-01-08 at 03:03 PM.

My excitement over the Mesmer has died down, making me realize that I still want to play an Engineer. =)

Mesmer! I have interest in thief, guardian, and necro, maybe warrior too, but I won't be playing thos professions for a long while after release.

Mesmer with a staff probably if I can. I didn't really look at the weapon combos since I want to be super surprised when I play the game. Only thing I looked into was the classes again. Although I did play a Warrior/Assasin in Factions. That turtle rep grinding where you ran to those places as fast as you could and reset was absolutely the most fun ive had grinding in any game! So after I roll mesmer I might try a warrior for old time sake.

Although in the first Guild Wars elementalists always intrigued me. I never had the chance to really play one since I mainly played my warrior/assasin tank<--- Had best weapon in game with the best enchant felt so badass, as well as my Necromancer mesmer for PvP. Raise ghouls slow herp derp your dead. I kind of will miss the dual classes since it build endless possibilities. That was one of the reasons why I kept playing.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2012-01-08 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    Think I'll take engineer first, alongside something else I'm still not sure about like Guardian or Mesmer.

The new tool-belt feature looks great, Sylvari flamethrower engineer roastin' some Asura.. o yea...
    Elementalist looks great aswell.. prolly 2nd char.

Norn Thief.I was sold the second I saw the Unload skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvari Engineer alongside a Norn Necromancer. Races may interchange, but those two are my favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive always played the righteous warrior archetype, I loved the way Paladins were portrayed in WCIII and ever since I havent considered playing anything else as my main (even though in WoW i didnt pick up a Paladin until late BC, but that was a family thing, not gonna go into it)

I hated what happened to the Paladin's image in WoW, I just hope the Guardian doesnt suffer from a similar issue, and since the Trinity doesnt apply anymore, I think chances are it wont.

Guardian as my main, still decided whether or not it will be Human or Norn. But my other interests as classes are Thief, ranger, and engineer, so I will probably get around to them at some point

Skelington still likes the Mesmer a lot. Necromancer is close, and he hasn't decided for certain between the two. Both classes were two of his favorites in GW1 and they so far look very promising in 2.