Poll: Which profession are You going?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ultimately went for Engineer because it is just looking very funky. Love the mechanical theme. Love the gadgets, kits and the flame-thrower. Turrets are win.

Well I wanted to be melee, so Thief still appeals. Warrior would have been first choice, but I'm set against playing 'very popular' professions. Warrior and Guardian are looking consistently popular in all sorts of polls.

For a ranged character it is a bit of a toss up between Ranger and Engineer. Well, I loved Mesmer in the first game, but this new Mesmer seems too... different. Subject to change, of course. As someone said earlier, a huge number of voters still aren't sure yet, given that information is still in major flux.

If you haven't, go contribute on http://www.gw2census.com - with over 5,000 voters it is not only the most populated GW2 poll so far but it contains more information than just professions - so you can filter all sorts of combinations of data such as "how many Charr are played by roleplayers?" or "Which profession appeals the most to predominantly-FPS players?"

@Bloodhunter I always smile when I see your avatar. Someone with such a gory name has such a cuuuuuute avatar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Well I wanted to be melee
    You still will with the Engineer using the Tool Kit.
    "I'm in your face, bashing it with a wrench"

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    If you haven't, go contribute on http://www.gw2census.com - with over 5,000 voters it is not only the most populated GW2 poll so far but it contains more information than just professions - so you can filter all sorts of combinations of data such as "how many Charr are played by roleplayers?" or "Which profession appeals the most to predominantly-FPS players?"
    That's a fun little site.
    Will be interesting to see what happens once it's finished renovation into a social networking site. GW2 Avatar fight mini-games?

Norn Mesmer. Mesmer was my favourite prof. in the original guild wars. I loved being a general pain in the ass and I suspect the gameplay, while totally different, will mimic that style. Until we find out more about which skills will be assigned to what weapons, and have a better idea of what the support skills will look like I won't hazard a guess on which weapons I'll play with.

Human Thief, and Sylvari Ranger will be my 2nd and 3rd characters respectively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either a ranger or Elementalist, depending on how combat/controls feel. I really want to play a thief, as I usually LOVE "sneaky" characters, but the thief is simply not that appealing to me atm.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be playing different professions but my main will probably be Engineer or Warrior.
    My Engineer will be female Human or Sylvari and the Warrior will be male or female Asura.

I also want to play a Necromancer and an Elementalist...and maybe thief. Aaaaahh.

Deleted
    I am genuinely torn between Guardian, Thief, Mesmer and Elementalist. First time I have ever really liked more than one class/profession for my main.