10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Free programs to use with fraps?

Hey MMO! What free programs do you recommend to go with fraps (compressing and editing, adding sounds/songs etc) if you could add what they can do, and why I should use them, that would be good

Please note that that I am using a 1920x1200 res. screen, so whatever program is used to compress, I want it to be able to compress bigger files than 1080p (AKA Original in Youtube).
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

10+ Year Old Account
    I just use Windows Movie Maker. It has enough tools to make decent quality movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Windows movie maker with HD rendering codec
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony Vegas if you don't mind trials :P (30 days)
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I just use Windows Movie Maker. It has enough tools to make decent quality movies.
    Quoting myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Celar View Post
    Please note that that I am using a 1920x1200 res. screen, so whatever program is used to compress, I want it to be able to compress bigger files than 1080p (AKA Original in Youtube).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quoting myself.
    There is no visible difference between Original and 1080p in 90% of situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no visible difference between Original and 1080p in 90% of situations.
    A: Not helping a lot.

B: Its huge difference, unless you play with a screen from the 20th century.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony vegas 11, Adobe after effects, both of them if your looking to make something stunning
    Audicity for recording audio, if you want 'sound effects' look for them on the web!

You can use Windows movie maker, not alot of editing stuff, and no toys at all really...Its just there, use it if thats all you can get/have
    Imovie, on macs are pretty good, but if you work on a pc and switch over to a mac you have to switch the file type...1 once,twice,three times depending if your using multiple editing programs!

Camatasia studio is really good as well!
    Not alot of these are free, -snip-! Camatasia you can get -snip-! Auducity is free, free has less things to play with!
    And...Wegames can also be used to get different footage...Wegames has lower file size and lower quality which means you can play around with film effects

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 05:27 PM ----------

Nothing thats free is usually out standing..on the line of software
    games is a different story

*Mod Warning* We do not condone piracy nor do we allow forum members to suggest such things.

- Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-01-07 at 06:13 PM.
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not a huge difference... It's a minimal difference at best, and barely detectable. I think you're experiencing a placebo effect.
    In any case, you're not going to find a good free movie editing software that gives you amazing quality. -_-'

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not a huge difference... It's a minimal difference at best, and barely detectable. I think you're experiencing a placebo effect.
    In any case, you're not going to find a good free movie editing software that gives you amazing quality. -_-'
    Avidemux was free. It was also bugged, had very little editing options, but it DID compress files at the very best quality you can possibly get on youtube. With forexample WMM you arent able to compress them at the best quality. Only 1080p, which isnt bad.

As an example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsWm7Zht334 try Compere 1080p and 1200p (original) Its not that minor.

I am looking for something that got both. (preferably free and a bit more editing options than WMM). if it just doesen't exist, Ill be happy to pay for Sony Vegas or something, or just 1 program to edit and 1 to compress. (dont wanna go back to Avidebug.
    Last edited by Celar; 2012-01-07 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This link won't be masked.

http://sony-404.vo.llnwd.net/dspcdn/...-trial_enu.exe

This is the Sony Vegas 8 trial. 30 days free before you have to uninstall and reinstall.

It's probably the best thing I've found that's free and the output quality is exceptional, if you configure it correctly (thousands of rendering options). The only problems I have with it are slow rendering speed (5 minutes or video takes roughly 2 hours on a mid-level rig) and laggy preview playback (again on a mid-level rig).

Keep in mind that this is a trial and it doesn't include the legacy plugins kit, which is a pretty heavy loss, but it can and will get the job done.

I think the best part of Sony Vegas 8 is the ability to use old Sony Vegas profiles that you have (If you've used previous versions before).

Note: This is NOT the full version, and Sony Vegas 8 is around 3-4 years old. Expect it to lack support for new audio/video technology that has been released in the past few years.

If you find that you need something a bit more advanced, check the Sony Vegas file repositories for newer trial version. If you're serious about editing, I recommend buying a slightly older version of Sony Vegas when the prices drop (new licenses are rather expensive, but not out of reach on a medium budget).

I think the new package for Vegas includes Sound Forge audio editing, which is basically Audacity with more inter-program support. The whole package costs around $170 or so.

Add: Please do not use Windows Movie Maker. Ever. It's shameful.
    Temple of Light-ShadowsongUS
    Get Along Gang-ShadowsongUS (Disbanded)
    ~Alanaria~:::Cyclønite:::Thelek

As an example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsWm7Zht334 try Compere 1080p and 1200p (original) Its not that minor.
    It's actually completely undetectable for anyone with a 1080p monitor because it needs to be downsized anyway for that. That's why I'd recommend frapsing at 1080p because it will give much higher quality to people who have 1080p monitors, which I think is a significantly larger group than the ones running 1200

Sony Vegas is okay if you are looking for a all-in-one program. It does video, audio, and effects okay but it won't work as well as a standalone program that is built for each. You also can't really compare Vegas to After Effects due to the fact that AE is not really built to do video editing that well (there's a reason it's called 'After Effects'). My preference is Premiere Pro, Audition, After Effects. Those 3, when worked with together will crush Sony Vegas. If you just compare Sony Vegas to Premiere Pro, then Sony Vegas will probably beat it out. Also, Sony Vegas is a lot more easier to work than the Adobe products.

You can try, for 30 days, the whole CS5.5 suite which includes all of the above at http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/in...ter_collection

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theleklol View Post
    This link won't be masked.

http://sony-404.vo.llnwd.net/dspcdn/...-trial_enu.exe

This is the Sony Vegas 8 trial. 30 days free before you have to uninstall and reinstall.

It's probably the best thing I've found that's free and the output quality is exceptional, if you configure it correctly (thousands of rendering options). The only problems I have with it are slow rendering speed (5 minutes or video takes roughly 2 hours on a mid-level rig) and laggy preview playback (again on a mid-level rig).

Keep in mind that this is a trial and it doesn't include the legacy plugins kit, which is a pretty heavy loss, but it can and will get the job done.

I think the best part of Sony Vegas 8 is the ability to use old Sony Vegas profiles that you have (If you've used previous versions before).

Note: This is NOT the full version, and Sony Vegas 8 is around 3-4 years old. Expect it to lack support for new audio/video technology that has been released in the past few years.

If you find that you need something a bit more advanced, check the Sony Vegas file repositories for newer trial version. If you're serious about editing, I recommend buying a slightly older version of Sony Vegas when the prices drop (new licenses are rather expensive, but not out of reach on a medium budget).

I think the new package for Vegas includes Sound Forge audio editing, which is basically Audacity with more inter-program support. The whole package costs around $170 or so.

Add: Please do not use Windows Movie Maker. Ever. It's shameful.
    Give me a reason why it's shameful for a free software.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Theleklol View Post
    Full, legit and current version of Vegas for home use costs only around $40, here -> http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...tudiohd?disp=1

If you cant get things done with Windows Live Movie Maker, Vegas is your best bet. Even though it's not free, it really does not cost much.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.