Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

College basketball thread

So I think it's time to start up an NCAA basketball thread.

So... what are your thoughts about the season so far? How's your team doing?

I think that there have been an insane amount of upsets so far, and my school (Michigan State) is doing pretty damn well, with 14 wins in a row.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

It's too early to tell the Ducks future, haha. It's honestly still a building year.

But the Pac-12 is really weird right now. Only 2-3 conference games in but Colorado is decimating. Pac-12 is going to be a shoot out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Michigan State is kicking ass and taking names.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can think about regarding College b-ball was that six-players-on-the-court fiasco a couple of days ago. How the heck no one saw and bother to do anything about it until after the game makes me WTF. It's not like you can get away with 12 men on the field in football, and then this happens.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    I love michigan this year! their team is balanced and fun to watch. Love to see UNC's point guard kendall marshall, he is just awesome with his passes. Already fan of ohio for the last three years, first time i ever followed college bbal, their combination of talents is fun to see. Ofc the player of the year to be Sullinger, but also their defensive pointguard craft is very fun to watch. Just wish they would play a bit more consistent, they really are a up and down team.

Wish they would post more torrents or streams, so europeans could follow it a bit easier too!

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Michigan lost and so did Kansas man college basketball is just crazy atm. It's a little early to get excited about it thou most people don't really care till March.

Rutgers blows with 5 (?) straight loses. Though today's performance was much better than Wednesday's against Louisville...that was just awful, left after the Cardinals had like a 15-0 run jeez.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Louisville and ND decide to go into 5 overtimes and Louisville loses wth man does no college team want to win anymore.

Oregon looks pretty weak as long as we're missing Artis.

Injuries suck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Michigan State has been flying under the proverbial radar of the Big 10 and UM and Indiana. i think they made a statement tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Year old necro but I'll take it.

Impressive win by the Spartans. Craziest I've seen Breslin in a long time
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post

year old? negative, it was on the second page.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post

It's not really a necro in the sense that there's only one season per year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to create a new NCAA thread but I looked to make sure their wasn't one already and came across this one meh figured I would make it easier for searches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    year old? negative, it was on the second page.
    It is from January 2012.

This forum isn't really that active unfortunately.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone should use the activity of this thread compared to every other Sports thread to prove why the one and done rule is stupid.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Big game tonight. Unfortunately these are the games in CBB that are nearly impossible to win. Road game against conference opponent, primetime with the ESPN crew there, oh and Magic Johnson broadcasting the game with Dickie V. The stars are aligned here for MSU but I won't be overly concerned if we lose this game. We would be a game behind MSU for the reg season title, but they still have two tough games left (@OSU, @UM) whereas we have one (@UM).

Oh yeah, GO HOOSIERS!!!
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-02-19 at 04:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Big game tonight. Unfortunately these are the games in CBB that are nearly impossible to win. Road game against conference opponent, primetime with the ESPN crew there, oh and Magic Johnson broadcasting the game with Dickie V. The stars are aligned here for MSU but I won't be overly concerned if we lose this game. We would be a game behind MSU for the reg season title, but they still have two tough games left (@OSU, @UM) whereas we have one (@UM).
    i wouldnt consider @ OSU a hard game really, they have 1 player trying to carry 4. as for Michigan...well, if State does what they did in East Lansing its game over for Michigan. still i look forward to tonights game.
    GO GREEN! GO WHITE!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great game. Still in shock they called a foul on that 3. If you guys had made your FTs at the end it would have been over. I switched to the Hawks when it was 67-63 and you guys were going to the line for two, thought it was over. I switch back and it was 67-66.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Great game. Still in shock they called a foul on that 3. If you guys had made your FTs at the end it would have been over. I switched to the Hawks when it was 67-63 and you guys were going to the line for two, thought it was over. I switch back and it was 67-66.
    i was shocked you guys got the "and 1" on that "continuation play" like with 12 minutes left in the game. he wasnt even SHOOTING until a step or two AFTER the foul...
    that said, Indiana outplayed us tongiht and deserved the win.