Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    If i have to rely on a macro to do all my work for me, then yes, its a cheating feature. Sorry but it is. Thats like saying, Oh well, I type in this code whenever I want and it does everything for me instead of me having to do it manually.
    And im a boss when it comes to Disc even in being bg and arena. But I struggle to death even on the easiest combos now. Just because of the sure lack of abilties because of the constant interupts, silences and fears. Makes me want to go play a melee class ffs.
    I really think you don't know how macros work. They can't automatically interrupt you when you cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i have to rely on a macro to do all my work for me, then yes, its a cheating feature. Sorry but it is. Thats like saying, Oh well, I type in this code whenever I want and it does everything for me instead of me having to do it manually.
    Work smarter, not harder.

On topic, I know there was an interrupt bot floating around in 4.2. Haven't heard from it in a few months though. It's possible that someone has it back up and working.

Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    i was going to say this
    i was to D:

setting a focus target (healer) is as easy as pressing shift-F.

hitting a macro that does something to a focus target is just as easy.
    I'm not in game atm so it's not exact but basicly /stopcasting /cast [@focus] counterspell etc.
    On my rogue I hit my kick keybind as soon as you start casting anything I want to interrupt, I have your castbar set up to be giant with a huge word of the spell you're casting.

Fake casting is a clear way to get bad players or uninformed to waste their interrupts.

Get a unit frame addon and set it up to your liking if you wish, makes things even easier.

If you dislike macros, don't use them, but you will always get beat by good players that use them. Sorry.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

I know what a macro is. Anywho, What would I fake cast and why bother? If I get silenced or interupted, I cant use anything
    Anddddddddddd point proven
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneegaplz View Post
    You should probably just quit if you think macros are cheating
    /Agree

Also, there are addons that give people information, but not that "increase skill." If you're finding it hard to believe that people are simply improving in the game, then, well I don't know what to tell you.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Deleted
    I know what a macro is. Anywho, What would I fake cast and why bother? If I get silenced or interupted, I cant use anything.
    What would you fake cast? Probably your heals.. the point of fake casting is to juke the opponents interrupt so you can freecast. If you're just looking to lay back and cast whatever you want, when you want with no consequences, in the middle of the arena/bg etc, then no-one can really give you advice because it just can't happen. Nothing has changed since 4.2.

Also, what are you getting interrupted/silenced by?

I realy do think most of you aren't even reading anything after the original post. It has been brought up several times so far that there are a great number of prople using an interrupt bot.
    That is what the OP was asking about, and that's what people have brought up.

I've seen it too when healing in BGs/Arena. Fake casting can occasionally work, depending on what class the botter is using, but when there's teams with several botters, and they are all on you, it really don't matter what you do. Every single thing you cast WILL be interrupted by one of them and you can only really just stand there and look pretty until you die.
    But, like any other botting program, it'll eventually get taken care of. Since it's been going on for a while now, we can only hope Blizz can make this one go away sometime in the very near future.

I have power auras set up that show me whenever my focus is casting a number of spells, and as soon as i see the pic, i have a stopspellcast/interrupt macro that I pop

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're saying people are cheating when you're losing games, I can assure you, you are not losing games because they are "cheating."
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alilei31 View Post
    cant bot anymore anyways. Pvptools got shut down by Blizzard. Shame too it actually made my alliance characters play better than most of my team mates.
    Heh, I was actually sad to see Piroux get taken down. You could always tell when it someone was using a Piroux bot because the bot was playing better than damned near everyone else on the team. I'm still not sure if that should be funny or just sad :-/

Quick google search came up with what looks to be at least one viable "interrupt bot", but considering it's on the first damn page of results, it'd be pretty silly for Blizzard to not be aware of it. I seriously doubt that it's what's causing you to lose games, but I'll send an email to their hacks team with the link anyway.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    You are just being unlucky you are meeting a few skilled players.
    Myself I never bother killing healers in bgs but I always set em as focus target so I can instantly interupt their heals, place cot, ua and fears on them whenever I want to kill someone else.
    Better players uses addons to keep track of who is casting stuff and with focus / mouseover macros it's just a matter of pressing the keybind and you're interrupted. Add in some good reflexes and you can enjoy getting interrupted before you can even fake cast. (90% of my interrupts are between 0.1 and 0.2 sec after 7 years of wow experience)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    I think you have no idea what a macro is, which leads me to believe you are just being interrupted because you don't know how to juke/fake cast.
    which part of .. getting interrupted instantly.. didn' t you understand? .. fake casting is.. casting.. then interrupting the cast by moving etc... but if you start to cast.. and are instantly interrupted.. how the f are you going to fake a cast? .. smart ass..

Spellcasters have always been inferior to melee. This is just the latest example of it. Here are the design mistakes that caused the imbalance in the first place:

1. Nearly every melee ability is instant. Nearly every spell has a cast time.
    2. Melee can use all their abilities while moving. Spellcasters must stop moving.
    3. It is in the interests of spellcasters to be as far away from their opponent as possible, yet they must stop moving to attack. This is called a "self-defeating design."
    4. Melee has autoattack. Spellcasters have wands.
    5. Melee has unlimited rage/energy. Spellcasters have limited mana.

If one or even two of these design flaws were all that spellcasters had to overcome, it would be one thing. All five at once is proof the game is designed such that melee classes are supposed to hold spellcasters by the hair and repeatedly smash them in the face with a bag full of transmission parts.

Then we can get into the fact the primary melee class is invisible...

Quote Originally Posted by diviner View Post
    which part of .. getting interrupted instantly.. didn' t you understand? .. fake casting is.. casting.. then interrupting the cast by moving etc... but if you start to cast.. and are instantly interrupted.. how the f are you going to fake a cast? .. smart ass..
    maybe if you do it fast enough? Like you cast and you instantly move to make them waste it? I dunno; it could work. I play Ret so I never encounter this. Sounds pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    There is an inturupt bot that is being used, been getting on my nerves for a few weeks now as i play a disc priest too.. i wont link it but it wasnt hard to find.. and like you say its lit the very second you start to cast your silenced/kicked..way way to fast for anyones reactions considering latency etc the other problem is so many classes have so many silences and inturupts its becoming a bloody joke... last couple of months have really made me start thinking if i should keep paying my money to play this game..
    This game is a joke, there is WAYYYYY TO MUCH "CC" IN THIS GAME. and to top it off u got scrubs using programs and addons to make them play like god mode. One more thing without addons half the players with 2200 rating wont even hit 1800 rating, at best they would get maybe 1650 rating.

Quote Originally Posted by diviner View Post
    which part of .. getting interrupted instantly.. didn' t you understand? .. fake casting is.. casting.. then interrupting the cast by moving etc... but if you start to cast.. and are instantly interrupted.. how the f are you going to fake a cast? .. <snip>..
    You failed to fake-cast if you got interrupted in the first place. Now if you're silenced that's a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
    This game is a joke, there is WAYYYYY TO MUCH "CC" IN THIS GAME. and to top it off u got scrubs using programs and addons to make them play like god mode. One more thing without addons half the players with 2200 rating wont even hit 1800 rating, at best they would get maybe 1650 rating.
    What exactly do you think addons do?
    My addons gives my frames new looks and let's me move my action bars, it's not really game-breaking, just less of an eyesore.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2012-01-08 at 10:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    fake casting, a good way that i use when the enemy has a mana using class like a mage or other priest. would be to start casting mana burn, they'll interrupt that. locking me out of the shadow school. so then i'm free to heal/shield. i'll also use instants over castables, and only really use castables like flash when i psychicly screamed at least one of them.

and the stuns are easy enough to break with the trinket, just know when you have to use it. when you're in a stunlock, cast pain suppression (have it glyphed), and when you have a small opening, despirate prayer and maybe even a shield on yourself will be lifesavers. priests have a lot of ways to save themselves, especially disc. even a barrier would be a good idea if you have the time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    You failed to fake-cast if you got interrupted in the first place. Now if you're silenced that's a different matter.

What exactly do you think addons do?
    My addons gives my frames new looks and let's me move my action bars, it's not really game-breaking, just less of an eyesore.
    Are you actually being obtuse or just trolling?

Because your addons make your ui pretty that doesnt mean thats the only addons that exist...
    ok lets say you want to fake cast.. you press "1" to start the cast, well the very moment the game registered you have started to cast the bot kicks/counterspells... many times before you even see a bar on your screen. you cannot fake the bot it catches the cast instantly

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    Are you actually being obtuse or just trolling?

Because your addons make your ui pretty that doesnt mean thats the only addons that exist...
    ok lets say you want to fake cast.. you press "1" to start the cast, well the very moment the game registered you have started to cast the bot kicks/counterspells... many times before you even see a bar on your screen. you cannot fake the bot it catches the cast instantly
    Maybe you're just slow because this doesn't happen to me or any of my friends. As argosie said you could cast another spell school to lock that one out instead of the one you want to use, unless you're a pala.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne