Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Gladiatorlossa, I dont think its cheating but I am not gonna use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    I know some people use macros to pvp. I consider it cheating. But thats my 2 cents.
    huh? if macro is cheating then everybody cheats...
    I'm either too drunk or not drunk enough...

Ive noticed a lot now since I've been gone that it seems like people have amazing skill. I know this cannot be true. I know there has to be an addon or macro that basically plays their character for them. And what I mean by that is.

I cast something. Lets say for instance, its a 2.5 second cast. By the time im .2 seconds into it, I get silenced. While I was doing a bunch of bgs and arena today, I noticed that it seems like everyone is doing this. Just amazing lightning fast reflex speeds and perfect counter rotation speeds for cc between characters.

I know some people use macros to pvp. I consider it cheating. But thats my 2 cents.

On the other hand, I've gone 26-1 In arena during 4.2. Its almost impossible for me to do anything as a disc priest with the constant silence, interrupts for 4.3. Its like they dont even become immune to me after the 3rd try. Just constant perfection of silencing and interrupts and fears.

This isnt so much a rant. Im actually curious if there is a program, addon or macro that allows people to interact with each other for this.
    Easy to code program, usually easy to spot(by the fact you get silenced too fast)... you can go as fast as silence the target while his bar never showed up on his screen(but it did in wow memory). There is no macro that can do that but a program like that can do the job.

edit: also it is hard to fix the said program as warden is incapable atm to detect outside programs and this program won't need to write anything in wow process(aka undetectable until warden overhaul). They removed that functionality because many people considered it like a spyware (ehem, origin?)
    Last edited by darkblood14; 2012-01-08 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alilei31 View Post
    Them taking that bot down is why I wont ever go back to WoW...
    Good riddance.

OT, I did a few arenas recently on my disc priest and I haven't noticed any flood of interrupts. But I'm also trying harder not to be a numbnut (no offense, I used to pose in the middle of the arena instead of hugging pillars), and gtfo from them enemies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alilei31 View Post
    Them taking that bot down is why I wont ever go back to WoW. They let the foreigners ruin the game with bots by ruining every server economy and hacking accounts to steal but a bot that we paid for and caused no one to lose their accounts gets shut down? They dont even try to shut down the gold farming chinese. Piroxbots was the only reason I was able to pvp as alliance because without it I would just rage quit after 5 BGs because of how fail all my teams were and I would never actually have gotten any pvp gear.
    Really? What you are saying is that it should be ok for you to cheat becasue you can't be bothered to learn the skills to be effective in PvP?

If this is the general mentality in WoW these days I'm glad I don't play anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Maybe you're just slow because this doesn't happen to me or any of my friends. As argosie said you could cast another spell school to lock that one out instead of the one you want to use, unless you're a pala.
    Last post on the subject because people really do seem to be this thick..

I have never been robbed and none of my friends have ever been robbed does that mean nobody else ever gets robbed??
    In a bg there may be more than 1 person playing i know its a wacky idea but there you go..

In arena its not too bad as its only ever 2 or 3 other people so when you know that pummel is off cd etc you can cast from your other school but in bgs the amount of people who can kick/pummel etc is far higher esp when you consider the addon healers have to die that people seem to run now..

Anyway a quick google will get you the bot within seconds so check it for yourself its not us being "slow" its just people abusing/botting in game..although from what im gathering it seems more used in EU but i could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    Really? What you are saying is that it should be ok for you to cheat becasue you can't be bothered to learn the skills to be effective in PvP?

If this is the general mentality in WoW these days I'm glad I don't play anymore.
    Bots aren't really cheating. They don't get extra abilities that players don't get. Even this interrupt bot can't circumvent the GCD, and a player with a decent reaction time will be able to get what are effectively the same results. My reaction time averages out to be about 230ms, and that's slow.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

cast cancel inner focus cast

gets them every time

also get interuptbar, super useful for keeping track of WHEN you should be juking !O!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    Last post on the subject because people really do seem to be this thick..

I have never been robbed and none of my friends have ever been robbed does that mean nobody else ever gets robbed??
    In a bg there may be more than 1 person playing i know its a wacky idea but there you go..

In arena its not too bad as its only ever 2 or 3 other people so when you know that pummel is off cd etc you can cast from your other school but in bgs the amount of people who can kick/pummel etc is far higher esp when you consider the addon healers have to die that people seem to run now..

Anyway a quick google will get you the bot within seconds so check it for yourself its not us being "slow" its just people abusing/botting in game..although from what im gathering it seems more used in EU but i could be wrong.
    I live in the EU and play ~100+ BGs on a good weekend so by now I should have noticed it, maybe I'm lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if a bot beats you, you have no excuses at all. Just fake cast, it's not hard to cast then stop then cast again, making them waste their interrupt/silence.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    And what does this teach you?

Fakecast.

Against bots who got you as their target, they'll perform the interrupt ASAP, but it's fake castable just like anything else.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    I will have to agree with the OP. There's simply no way one could interrupt your cast as soon as you press the button for said cast. I've experienced it alot in BGs and some in arena.

Sure, I've had some lucky interrupts where I accidentally press my interruptbind exactly as the healer/caster I'm fighting uses a spell with cast time. But considering how often it happens in BGs I'm starting to believe that there is some sort of 3rd party software involved.
    I use Quartz 3 and have my target's cast bar located just right of center on my screen. The graphic will display for me whether the spell is interruptable or not, and if it is and you are my target, I'm Kicking within .5 seconds—but not immediately as the OP seems to be describing.
    Last edited by macdisciple; 2012-01-08 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    in regards to the "fast reactions", i have around 30 key binds on my warlock, nd i use almost all of them. skills i use most are the ones closest to my fingers, and things that i might not have to use immediately are farther away or require 2 key presses.you really just have to try harder and research your class with pvp websites, theres no add-on like deadly boss mods that works for pvp
    weeee!

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I went up against a hunter in the arena a few days ago that juked my Skull Bash on his Fear Beast EVERY SINGLE TIME, and then would start casting it instantly after i hit him. No matter at what point did i skull bash, instantly after my bash, he'd cast it again.

The only time i hit him was when i casted Skull Bash to catch up to him and he just so happened to cast Fear Beast as i was already at him.

Every single time, perfectly, probably 20 times or more he got this. I'm sorry but no way can you be that precises ever single time. It was like clockwork.
    ...Fear Beast is incredibly easy to avoid interupts with... as he has no other "spells."

If he knows your interupt is off CD... he will cast fear beast and immediately cancel the cast. If you dont use your interupt, he will do it again, and again, and again, until you do use your interupt. Then he know your interupt is on CD, and he's free to cast...

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Bots aren't really cheating. They don't get extra abilities that players don't get. Even this interrupt bot can't circumvent the GCD
    Apparently you didn't get the memo, but most interrupts are off the GCD. Get less ignorant about PVP before you talk about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Apparently you didn't get the memo, but most interrupts are off the GCD. Get less ignorant about PVP before you talk about it.
    Maybe you didn't think before you spoke in your rush to get in a good burn and look like a hero, but bots can do more than just use interrupt abilities.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should probably just quit if you think macros are cheating
    Just because someone utilizes the tools given to them doesn't make them bad. Maybe you should look into them, they make things SO much easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LastNightsLoad View Post
    Just because someone utilizes the tools given to them doesn't make them bad. Maybe you should look into them, they make things SO much easier.
    "Macros are cheating" seems like it's the same mentality of the "no rush" or "omg cheeser faggot" players in SC.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are macros that will target and silence/interrupt the nearest enemy player I don't see what's so crazy about this.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

Deleted
    Ive noticed a lot now since I've been gone that it seems like people have amazing skill. I know this cannot be true. I know there has to be an addon or macro that basically plays their character for them. And what I mean by that is.

I cast something. Lets say for instance, its a 2.5 second cast. By the time im .2 seconds into it, I get silenced. While I was doing a bunch of bgs and arena today, I noticed that it seems like everyone is doing this. Just amazing lightning fast reflex speeds and perfect counter rotation speeds for cc between characters.

On the other hand, I've gone 26-1 In arena during 4.2. Its almost impossible for me to do anything as a disc priest with the constant silence, interrupts for 4.3. Its like they dont even become immune to me after the 3rd try. Just constant perfection of silencing and interrupts and fears.

This isnt so much a rant. Im actually curious if there is a program, addon or macro that allows people to interact with each other for this.
    Well, try to practice some more, since people are really that "good", PvP is easy anyways, you might look at it with the wrong eyes, as in swiftystyle: BURST BURST ah f**k now i have nothing to defend myself with, i'm dead.

Oh and on the "Constant silenced", Fakecast please and try to CC, might work. It's not a free-cast game, for that go PvE
    Last edited by mmoc5886693a05; 2012-01-09 at 07:49 AM.