Processor Question?

Is the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.20GHz Processor any good, Is it new? is it worthy of high-end gaming?
    Last edited by Herews The Paladin; 2012-01-08 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herews The Paladin View Post
    I usually see that most high-end gaming computers have quad core i7's in them and I was looking at another computer that seems pretty good.

Intel Core i7 960 3.20 GHz Processor
    Is this processor any good, and Is it that much worse to have a single-core over a quad-core processor?
    It was a great processor 2 years ago. It is not the current generation though. Old hardware.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The i7 you mention is old. Get the i5 2500k for gaming, then you'll ask: "but the i7 2600k is better", then I'll say; only for applications that support multithreading which when it comes to games, are none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliq View Post
    The i7 you mention is old. Get the i5 2500k for gaming, then you'll ask: "but the i7 2600k is better", then I'll say; only for applications that support multithreading which when it comes to games, are none.
    It's not none, but its so few that it's not worth it. BF3 is the only one that I can think of, and I'm not even 100% on that one. That being said, we could see it being implemented in the future.

Read first post.

Edited
    Last edited by Herews The Paladin; 2012-01-08 at 03:19 AM.

Deleted
    I5 2500k for sure, pretty much best gaming processor atm untill ivybridge is released which will be about march time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    It was a great processor 2 years ago. It is not the current generation though. Old hardware.
    First gen I7's spank any of AMD's processor's, X6's and bulldozers. I have a 930 at 4.2ghz and it keeps up with sandy's.

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
    It's not none, but its so few that it's not worth it. BF3 is the only one that I can think of, and I'm not even 100% on that one. That being said, we could see it being implemented in the future.
    BF3 does NOT support it, I made a thread on overclock.net to test this a while back with a 930, it actually reduces performance. So I keep mine turned off, stays cooler, runs faster, win-win. Don't get an I7 unless you're running programs that use it right, and believe me, if you are using those programs a lot, you'd know if you need it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting