Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"D3 in early 2012 and not Q1"

From Bashiok

"Sorry I wasn't intending to imply anything by writing first quarter, just an honest mistake. Our official target is still "early 2012". Not sure if it makes too much difference one way or the other, but I don't want people to nitpick a mistake. "

Optimist :- "Yay! Feb 1st"
    Pessimist :- "Oh shit April/May release"
    Realist :- "FML! "

Edit: Actually THIS(scroll down to the blue post) pretty much confirms they are not going to make the Q1 deadline, hence the clarification.
    Last edited by Demoncrash; 2012-01-08 at 06:29 AM.

Sure glad I have boot camp for the next two months and after that some school, keep my mind off of this

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good eye. At least the game will be super excellent and ready for a solid release. After what SE did to me with FFXIV, I'll wait for a finished product.

Early is more vague than the specificity of Q1. There is nothing implied except that he can't tell us.

Blizz usually give a release-date 3 months in advance, so at the moment I wouldn't expect to see it until at least April,

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Blizz usually give a release-date 3 months in advance, so at the moment I wouldn't expect to see it until at least April,
    its actually 2 months in advance not 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Its getting to the point where I dont even wanna play it anymore. I mean release the shit and let us play then fix it through patches.. Its getting ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by SWTORJohnny View Post
    Its getting to the point where I dont even wanna play it anymore. I mean release the shit and let us play then fix it through patches.. Its getting ridiculous
    pretty much how i feel

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir, you are correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

And then a bunch of people would bitch and they'd have released a subpar product. Now they'll have people bitch, but will actually not release something broken.

Deleted
    Early 2012/Q1 2012 whats the difference, same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind the phrase

traditionally we've tried to announce
    They have traditionally have done other things as well.

if you look at traditionally how we've handled that race
    To add, I know doing something different in lore vs doing something financially are different ball fields, just thought it would be nice to look at it this way.
    Last edited by Idontlikeyou; 2012-01-09 at 01:36 AM.
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

Deleted
    Glad it's going to be early 2012, but let them take their time. The more time spent, the better the game!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's blizzard, it's going to be slow...

Wish they had released it allready, but. It's done when it's done, and we still need to wait a few more months atleast. Sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you cant say ëarly 2012"if its not in Q1! You just cant!
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

/sigh

i think I'm more excited about ME3 seeing as I know when it's going to come out rather than waiting for Blizzard to announce a solid release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's annoying, but I'll grin and bare it. At the end of the day I want the best experience possible on release and not get all hyped up only to realise that parts of the game are flawed because of bugs that otherwise would have been fixed. So I'm just going to be patient.

Also from a business perspective, Blizzard have more to lose by releasing a buggy game too early than releasing a good game a little late.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im hoping this is out for summer 2012, i will be home alone for like 3 weeks
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

does early q1 means first 6 month? lol

I wouldn't mind an April release. Make near my b-day at least.

Granted I did the annual pass thing, so it would be a present from myself.

---------- Post added 2012-01-10 at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by swdan View Post
    does early q1 means first 6 month? lol
    I always thought it meant the first 4 months, but I'm probably wrong.