Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majadamska View Post
    I love how EVERY comp you listed has a rogue in it. lol.
    I love how you noticed that and gave me a smile on my face

If you can't counter healer+dps and don't understand how a healer can hump pillars all the time, you need to play a healer yourself and get some perspective to it. Your opinion of pillar humping is commonly used by players new to arena or people who rarely play it. After 500+ games, i promise you, your opinion has changed as long as you are willing to learn all the time. I haven't played a single game as healer+dps in cata. I've only played with ret(me)+dk/warlock/mage/feral/rogue/arms warr and none of these teams struggle hard against every healer+dps. Feral+disc, rogue+disc, mage+disc are hard but they are OP anyway against 2 dps. I enjoy meeting healer+dps (excluding those 3) more than 2 dps usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    game is not balanced around 2v2 also, skilled teams if they know what they are doing rip apart less skilled teams
    There we go, much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Now, I'm not against that per se, technically, but practically, IT'S BORING, I honestly don't want to play like this, win or lose.
    In that case, PvP is not your game. PvP is outplaying your opponent. And if that means the game revolves around hide and seek, than so be it! It's the win that counts at the end of the day...

PvP should be Player vs Player, and not Player vs Pillar.
    If pillar humping is such a viable tactic then something is very wrong.

Deleted
    Yeah but let us know of a 2x DPS combo that can win more 1x healer 1xDPS combos.
    I played Feral/rogue - We ripped healers in a matter of half a Sap.
    We never had any troubles but lock/Rshaman setups, but only if the lock trinkets our opener and Howls us.
    Other than that, we facerolled healer/dps teams, but had some tough matches against ret/dps teams.

I would suggest you play a healer in couple of 3s matches and see what happens if you don't LoS all the possible CC you can.
    It will rip apart your team. Many comps have some very serious CC's these days, atleast those considered r1 viable atm.
    All this comes down to the fact that this game has too much CC,but without it arena would be dull as hell. I would seriously cut my own balls off playing a healer if I didn't have to avoid CC's and could just run around the arena spamming heals. Think about it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    PvP should be Player vs Player, and not Player vs Pillar.
    If pillar humping is such a viable tactic then something is very wrong.
    You would prefer people just run into the middle of an open area and mash buttons at each other?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Go watch braindeadly (huntard) and Jimos (ret pally) play 2v2 on athenelive.com/jimos. They have a win ratio on like 80-5. If you know your class, and and your partners class, you can talk out almost every single comp even with pillar hugging.

Yeah let's just play Nagrand Arena without pillars and see how that works out.
    Most of you guys are sub 2k players who don't really know how arenas work.
    Also, everyone can use pillars, sounds unfair, no?

From experience in playing a healer in 2's, a DPS with healer partner and double DPS, I find that it's easier to win as double DPS because healer vs. healer fights are too long and usually just a race against mana and but it's easy to kill a healer as double DPS

Speaking of healers in 2v2, it's mainly Paladins that are very OP. They are quite op all together in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eDGe87 View Post
    Feral/disc, warlock/rsham wants a word with you.
    Yeah but let us know of a 2x DPS combo that can win more 1x healer 1xDPS combos. Can you see more combos of one type or the other winning?
    Beat a Feral/Disc as Fury/Frost(DK). Three times in a row. And I am made of fail.

pillar humping healers is the bane of my arena experience

putting millions of dmg into an immortal healadin who never drops below 95% mana, spamming dispels and freedom, running laps around the pole.

having to wait for them or us to get bored after 30mins and leave, is not what i call Honorable PVP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post

putting millions of dmg into an immortal healadin who never drops below 95% mana, spamming dispels and freedom, running laps around the pole.

having to wait for them or us to get bored after 30mins and leave, is not what i call Honorable PVP
    It's 2v2, dude.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post

That is what seperates you from good pvp'ers. Arena is not just about mashing buttons and hoping high crits to kill someone without doing anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    That is what seperates you from good pvp'ers. Arena is not just about mashing buttons and hoping high crits to kill someone without doing anything else.
    Yeah, but on the other hand those 30 minute matches are usually decided on a stroke of luck rather than brilliant planning. They're also pretty boring.

But that's why, if I even bother with it, I only do arena as double/triple DPS. Healers are boring.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's basics of arena, good positioning. If you can't get to him, switch on his partner, draw him out on the open, there are ways to do it.

Deleted
    This is why I hate Arena, hugging Pillars suggests the player is a coward. Pretty sure they never had pillars in the old roman days, should just be all out in the open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    It's basics of arena, good positioning. If you can't get to him, switch on his partner, draw him out on the open, there are ways to do it.
    That's not the point, the point is that two DPS/heals teams could pretty much stand out in the open and slug it out and it wouldn't really make much difference, unless one was a Priest and could just stand there and spam Mana Burn. This ties into healers being too mana-efficient, but whatever.

Most heals/DPS arena games are decided on a dime when one team gets a lucky break with a string of crits or something to that effect. It's why arena didn't take off as an esport and is terribly boring to watch.