Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    So, all I read from the OP was the TLR and the bolded parts, it seemed like a big waste of time to read it all...

Judging by your replies I guess it was a good idea, you went from whining about wiping on ICC content to whining about why ICC is such a stream roll to whining about why you get your ass kicked when you face a character 4 levels above of you... Really, this must be a troll. Theres no other logical explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by stunlawk View Post
    They get trinkets like the "Vial of Shadows" which is the most dumbassed thing I've ever seen in this game. How about a trinket that fires a bank safe at the opponent at 99% the speed of light?

By the way, there's a whole thread right here on this forum where all the great players are bitching about how "imba" it is. Well, I guess it's only imba if you aren't getting crit for 100k with it, right? Now let's force some level 60s to fight players with it and we'll have ourselves a Blizzard-balanced game, huh?

How do you get better in PvP if your opponent can proc a passive 40k crit? How do you fight that, exactly? Please tell me the skills you have that can overcome that trinket.

That trinket could launch a solo assault on Lordaeron and probably make it to the throne room.

I don't want the flavor of the month trinket. I want a fun game.
    Yes, that trinket is OP when combined with certain spells, items and, under certain circumstances and probably shouldn't exist in this form. As I said in my previous post, that happens - there are things that aren't balanced at all. However, these are exceptions from the rules where the rest of PvP is a lot more balanced (even if not completely which I do not believe to be possible).

As for getting better.... well, ya know, there's all those who don't have it. I'm willing to bet the majority doesn't, actually. Since this is only usable by a few classes/specs and not even all of those who could use it, have it either.
    Again, it will disrupt the balance, but not to a point where it's impossible to do anything. Not every opponent of yours will be a rogue in top gear with this trinket. If you're building your argument around this single trinket and/or other similar cases, then all I really see is a lot of complaining about fairly minor stuff. Nothing new, really. The sky isn't falling.

Every time I start arguing with someone on the interwebz, I regret it later, because it usually just wastes both mine and the opponent's time. We're not looking for truth, just trying to make each other believe in what we ourselves believe. That's why I won't be responding anymore, though I will read your reply to this post, should you post any.
    Last edited by Creotor; 2012-01-08 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcruiser View Post
    Read the entire post. I agree on three points. *snip*
    Yeah i agree with this post, a lot of problems are easily fixed.
    Personally and note this is a personal opinion, i think certain classes should not be "mixed", tanks have no right to heal, healers have no right to dps, dps has no right to tank.
    Another thing that in my view makes it hard to balance is when due to "popular demand" (ie, forum whinning) certain classes are buffed beyond what they were supposed to do, while retaining their previous abilities.

For example all classes have near dps (currently op is mage lol, never thought i would see the day), yet their survivability are very very different.

A correct balanced distribution should be:

damage (dots)
    damage (sustained)
    damage (burst)
    survivability (damage reduction)
    survivability (health pool)
    survivability (escape abilities)
    survivability (CC,snares)
    healing (burst)
    healing (hots)
    healing (sustained)
    healing (prevention)
    resource efficiency
    debuffing

and now you have 100 points to spread along those stats, all classes have 100 points.
    That reaches a level of balance, but lets simplify it for the sake of the point im trying to make:

Dps
    survivability
    healing

At start, some classes had very high survivability which was compensated by average dps, some mainly from dots and a minor healing ability (warlocks as example), their lack of dps was compensated in a raid environment by having debuffs that increased everyone elses dps, that was perfect, the warlock didnt have as much high damage but the overrall damage he bought to the raid was worth having a warlock (their debuffs should be limited to a certain amount of people, so you would need more than 1, which is not what happened in AQ40 and Naxx, that was wrong)

Then you had for example the hybrids, druids as best example, medium on dps, medium on healing, medium-high survivability, that is balanced, again they brought benefits to the raid other than sheer dps, benefits to the whole raid which improved it as a whole.
    It was up to blizzard to give a reason to bring more than one, lets say their buffs stacked up to a max of X, lets say that they had superb mana efficiency so they were needed for longer fights with their hots, which was the case in some fights.

Than you had a mage, no healing, low-medium survivability, really high dps, it is balanced.
    You see where i am going.
    The problem arises when they increase everyones dps and healing but leave out the "survivability" intact, that leads to horrible balance issues, so some classes suddenly have 150 "points" while others remained at their original 100 points. (using my previous example)

I can understand the decision, naxx was absurd where you would bring 1 warlock to buff 8 mages, BUT that is not class problems, the classes were fine, that was boss/fight design problem, as i said the most badass boss may have 1 hp and still take an hour to kill, there is no need to base all the fights on dps races where it forces out classes that had lower dps and their purpose was to buff the raid/debuff the enemies, the game was fine and slowly broken by less and less thought out encounters, this ofc then transpired to pvp, where this "new 150 point classes) suddenly had the upper edge, ofc they had, they were in fact far better than the "100 pointers", which then brought the need for resilience, making classes that had high survivability even stronger, but their dps was buffed and that is exactly what caused the problem in the first place!

Then come the insanely high health pools, but oh wait, it still didnt fix 150 pointers problem, so they escalate 100 pointers dps even more, which leads to high survivability classes to whine about it and have their dmg increased, which then creates another 150 pointers problem, its an endless cycle created by "big numbas are fun and all should have big numbahs, lets forget their core design"

10+ Year Old Account
    -Slow clap- I'll admit, I haven't read an entire post this long in a while, and I have to say, it is one of the greatest troll threads I've seen in years. I'll ignore Poe's Law, because that scares me, and simply go back to lurking, because I haven't seen such an amazing troll thread forever. It's more entertaining than the Homestory Cup playing in the background, and that sir, is impressive.

Deleted
    This is not a game. And it is not fun. At all.
    LOL, World of Warcraft IS a game, if you can't see that then I pity your brain and those who procreated to give life to you.
    Fun is relative, just as is taste. Someone may like football and despise computer games while another person may love computer games and despise football. If it isn't fun to you then oh well, but it's fun to millions of others.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Took me a year to level my character.
    Perhaps you're just bad at the game? Maybe a career in the exciting world of courtroom stenography would be the adult cure you're looking for, you do like to type a lot, seems like a good fit/solution for you. Not trolling or being mean just offering solutions for someone so upset/frustrated by a game mastered by children the world over

inb4 this thread gets closed.

i am not reading a wall of text from some angry nerd who's favorite game has somehow been "ruined" and he can't realize it was just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by passetto View Post
    in my own opinion, i believel that the introduction of resilience is what screwed pvp. i remember the days where i just walked into wsg with the same equivelant gear as everyone else and used skill to kill others. now its a matter of do you have 4-5k resil to be able to not be one shotted.
    humm i remember the days when we queued as a guild and steamrolled all the mc/bwl noobs with our aq40/naxx gear that they could never hope to get.

Op, I'm curious... What boss did you wipe to in ICC?

I'm not going to formulate a bullet point response to your posts and ideas, because, as I've read them, I've decided you are either a troll or your head is so far up your own ass that you completely miss the point of this discussion. I will point out that you seem to vehemently dislike every portion of the game. You haven't said one positive thing about the game. Why play? When I got to that point, I quit. I generally come to this site to read the TOR forums.

To, vaguely, address your points: When you presented your argument, I assumed you were referring to max level pvp, as did many of the posters here. Then you admit that you aren't level 85. Blizzard's official position as a company is that the game is balanced for max level. They didn't lie to you. There is no conspiracy. If you did post on the official forums, or read a Q&A with the developers, or ask literally anyone about that subject, you could have found that out. You aren't being bilked out of your hard earned dollars by shady back room deals. If you don't want to level to 85, then perhaps you should have done some research on a product before you purchased it. Even if that product is a subscription to a game you already own. That's called being a responsible consumer. If you want to call people out for being children, maybe you should take some responsibility for yourself and learn what you are paying for like you should do with any expenditure of your cash.

Unless you are just trolling. Then well played, sir.

I really don't have much to add besides a comment on your final statement here:

long-time players of WoW will encounter something truly incredible and unique and for just a moment, experience fun again.
    I've been playing for seven years and still have fun. I experience fun. The source of the fun has constantly changed. When I first leveled an undead warrior I remember the epic feeling of looking beyond the barricade into the western plaguelands at level 10 and spotting spiders with health in the hundreds and wondering what level they could possibly be sine I only had a skull to warn me of the danger. Now the fun is, for me, PvPing and raiding with my 9 good friends that I met through the game. Stop acting like you're the voice of the long-time players of WoW. Because you're not, you only have your own voice and own opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the OP wasn't a ban evader.

Closed due to:

Lack of constructive content
    Trolling
    Flaming
    etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE