Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The Descending General

Don't know about you but on my server the general demeanour of General Chat has begun descending from friendly helpful people to sarcastic unfunny individuals spouting memes. Obviously this is a common theme in MMORPGs but I hoped the golden period would last longer than 4 weeks...Granted helpful folk still exist just they're beginning to drown under the vocal eejits

You start so many threads on this forum that seeing your avatar is so nostalgic now and disgusting :P

Anyways, I haven't noticed it on my server of Kellian Jarrow, it's same as it has been since Dec. 20th. Not many trolls or useless comments in general. It doesn't help that a lot of people seem to ask useless questions that they could of googled themselves though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kaas City still is fairly helpful, only late at night do the meme spouters come a-calling. Hopefully our helpful/nice people can fight back against the nonsense :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sayrah View Post
    You start so many threads on this forum that seeing your avatar is so nostalgic now and disgusting :P

Anyways, I haven't noticed it on my server of Kellian Jarrow, it's same as it has been since Dec. 20th. Not many trolls or useless comments in general. It doesn't help that a lot of people seem to ask useless questions that they could of googled themselves though.
    I noticed the same thing. OP is making a very large amount of small topics. Whether that is to boost his postcount, or out of genuine concern, I do not know, but it makes me frown.

Prophecy of the Five has very few trolls causing problems in general. They typically shut down if they start shit very quickly, or everyone just puts them on ignore and thus, no more problems.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I noticed the same thing. OP is making a very large amount of small topics. Whether that is to boost his postcount, or out of genuine concern, I do not know, but it makes me frown.
    He does/did the same thing on the WoW gen forums. A leopard can't change his spots, or however the saying goes. It's really bothersome because there's nothing to really discuss...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    He does/did the same thing on the WoW gen forums. A leopard can't change his spots, or however the saying goes. It's really bothersome because there's nothing to really discuss...
    Maybe make a complaint with Boub himself. The regular mods can only ban for limited time.

OP, maybe they don't seem helpful to you because I think you talk alot in general chat asking google-able questions.

On Sith Wyrm, Republic side, general chat is typically exceptionally helpful and suprisingly polite. I've seen very few trolls and assholes in general.

Switch to the Empire side, same server, and I just about want to turn off general chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    On Sith Wyrm, Republic side, general chat is typically exceptionally helpful and suprisingly polite. I've seen very few trolls and assholes in general.

Switch to the Empire side, same server, and I just about want to turn off general chat.
    Funny I am on the same server Empire and beside 2 now known people I find it still helpful
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    On Trask Ulgo, both Empire and Republic general chat are pretty helpful. But when it comes to grouping up with people or doing Warzones; the Empire just seems infinitely better. On Empire, there will always be conversation and a decent amount of individual thought shown in Warzones, such as keeping a decent number of guards at each point etc; but when I hit Republic; it just dies for whatever reason: I was in a game of Alderaan Civil War; and the Republic was just running around in one massive group; they'd overwhelm a point, cap it, then ALL run off to cap another one, leaving it undefended and recapped in about 10 seconds. We ended up losing all 3 points and as such, the match.

Lord Ard..something has like..zero trolls imperial side, (Except one asshole that spouts spoilers constantly, but I ignored him fast) Republic was just a constant barrage of anal jokes, stupid memes, over 9000 jokes, spoilers, and talking about how badass jedi are compared to sith. Sooo I play Empire <.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Maybe make a complaint with Boub himself. The regular mods can only ban for limited time.
    I think the mods are more concerned with snide remarks, accusations of trolling for post counts and general negativity

Ive noticed a higher instance of similar douchebaggery on Imperial side on my server compared to Republic side. Could just be because there are more imps, and therefore more douches in terms of raw numbers, but it's still a little annoying.
    Yub Yub

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Kaas City still is fairly helpful, only late at night do the meme spouters come a-calling. Hopefully our helpful/nice people can fight back against the nonsense :/
    I made a new alt and Drumen Kaas general chat now has Baren's chat seal of approval on Legions of Lethow

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I think the mods are more concerned with snide remarks, accusations of trolling for post counts and general negativity
    I'm actually concerned. Forum quality also depends on the quality of its topics and yours aren't really helping. For the record, the problem lies with you, not with me, or us. If it's not obvious enough for you, I don't mind helping you out by suggesting that you might be making too many posts with too little content. If you'd make quality posts everytime, or often, I'd not be so bothered, but you are literally making filler topics across the board. This has to stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright everyone, let's not talk about how many threads the OP makes. Get back on topic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I made a new alt and Drumen Kaas general chat now has Baren's chat seal of approval on Legions of Lethow
    I noticed that. Having levelled to 50, chat on the planets was always pretty good. Now going back to do an alt and the mouth-breathers are out in full-force. I was called "retarded" because I asked someone to share a quest. Charming.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    I noticed that. Having levelled to 50, chat on the planets was always pretty good. Now going back to do an alt and the mouth-breathers are out in full-force. I was called "retarded" because I asked someone to share a quest. Charming.
    This, pretty much. Was playing up an Assassin to study how to beat them, as well as every other class in time, and Dromund Kass was just a cesspit for trolling. This was about 10 PM UK time, so I guess it's troll time past that.

I'm just saddened that I'll have to endure that chat to occasionally group up for HEROIC+ quests later.

Ironically on Empire side on The Harbinger there's been very minimal trolling. What's made this funny was the other day when I was on korriban, some troll was having at it and someone commented that said troll sounded like another guy that more than a few have reported for trolling already. Come to find out, the lowbie troll was the more well known troll's new alt.

You can't avoid trolls. You can just simply do your best to enjoy and pay it forward with others.