Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Assasin is a frustration in pvp

Edit

I inspected skill trees again and I found a hybrid tree that solves %90 of my problems.I dont anymore think assasin is frustration , it was my ignorance and impatience.There are still some minor issues but I think game mechanics will shape better in future.

I enjoyed swtor from lvl 1 to 46. I loved story , questing , environment , warzones. PVP balance disappointed me. Its rather absurd , far away from being balanced. I play assasin and I want you share my pvp experience I earned with.

Assasin is a hybrid class , has very limited melee abilities and very short range spells.Assasin uses force like energy of rogue in wow but uses willpower as main stat.Assasin wears light armor.Assasin has 1.5 second GCD

I want to start with deception play. As deception assasin your earning procs with saber strike ( your basic no force required melee attack) and volcanic slash.After you got 5 stacks of discharge proc and 2 stacks of shock proc you are dealing very burst damage with shock and discharge. You have 2 second stun ( 30 sec cd )which is usable in stealth lasting 2 seconds , 1 aoe pushback ability , 1 incapacitate cc which breaks by any damage and 1 minute cooldown cc which can be usable stealthed or not stealthed.The problem is you have terribal survivalbility , you cant live long enough to stack procs.Your constantly snared , cced and nuked.You can go stealth with force cloak ( vanish of rogue in wow ) in every 2 minutes and you have 2 survival abilities.one of them is 3 second lasting force shroud (1m cd) and other is 12 second lasting ( 2m cd ) deflection.You have an melee ability called as maul ,its backstab of rogue in wow and you have a talent to make it ignore armor but its very irrevelant ability.If your cloak is on cd you can simply suicide by jumping from high or stepping in to fire on warzones.

Second is darkness.You are a wanna be death knight with stealth as darkness specced assasin. You can use your stun out of stealth. You have higher armor , you can remove snares with force speed ( sprint of rogue in wow ).You survive longer and you feel like you are a functional class with all cc and survival abilities.Problem of darkness is it has terribal damage. You cant even kill 30 levels lower players then you who dont have most of their abilities.

Third is worst.Madness spec makes you a wanna be mage , a warlock without cc and in melee range.Your damage put is highest in this spec but its heavyly pve oriented spec.

As a conclusion assasin is a wanna be rogue , shaman , deathknight , warlock who cant be any of these classes properly. I dont really care if they buff assasin in next patch because this class requires a whole redesign.
    Last edited by kijthae; 2012-01-09 at 12:47 PM.

Assassination is fine, don't bash the class if your skill cap is too low to properly make it shine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvSi3DOZGCQ

And just you know, I personally love the assassin. Regardless of the video. Why would it require a whole redesign? Maybe it's just not suited for you, try some other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Teru View Post
    Assassination is fine, don't bash the class if your skill cap is too low to properly make it shine.
    I think you're in the wrong section, mate. That's if I'm not mistaken about you referring to the rogue spec.

Deleted
    You cant even kill 30 levels lower players then you who dont have most of their abilities.
    The Darkness/deception hyrbid is very strong i have pulled 300k damage on occasion and strugling against someone 30 levels lower than you suggest it's a skill issue, it takes 2 + level 50's to kill me. pure deception build is a real glass cannon though so you do have a point there.

Not really a constuctive reply.Learn facts before comment.Assasin is far away from being functional. Assasin will be useless when everybody started to play in same level bracket.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Game hasn't even been out for a month yet and you expect it to be as polished and balenced as wow is? As i recall back in vanilla warriors were bugged with an extra talent point and that lasted for a long time. umm what else ohh yah if the stars aligned windfury could one shot a raid boss, warlocks were a joke, rogues were the unseen gods of pvp, a mage with the right macro could oneshot a teir 3 tank, druids only ran flags and the list goes on my friend. you are QQ'ing over something that hasn't even been out for a month and really all I see is "QQ I suck at pvp QQ" why not try another class for now and see if you like that better. All the story's are just fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kijthae View Post
    Not really a constuctive reply.Learn facts before comment.Assasin is far away from being functional. Assasin will be useless when everybody started to play in same level bracket.
    Uhh... What "facts" have you presented that Teru looked over? All I see is a post complaining about how you can't play the AC. It's not for everyone, and maybe the Assassin just isn't for you. Nothing wrong with that, but trying to make your experience be everyone's is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    Uhh... What "facts" have you presented that Teru looked over? All I see is a post complaining about how you can't play the AC. It's not for everyone, and maybe the Assassin just isn't for you. Nothing wrong with that, but trying to make your experience be everyone's is just silly.
    I have written 3 paragraphs of facts. Is there a scientific formula which proves what class is for me ? if not then no class just isnt for anybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have written 3 paragraphs of facts. Is there a scientific formula which proves what class is for me ? if not then no class just isnt for anybody.
    You've written a few paragraphs of your experiences with game facts sprinkled on top. We're all familiar with CDs and abilities of the trees, since those are part of the class, but "you cant live long enough to stack procs" and "cant even kill 30 levels lower players" are specific to only you. Do you see what I'm saying here?

There might not be some automatic way of knowing what AC you are best at, but the absence of one doesn't enable you to be great at everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvSi3DOZGCQ

And just you know, I personally love the assassin. Regardless of the video. Why would it require a whole redesign? Maybe it's just not suited for you, try some other class.

I think you're in the wrong section, mate. That's if I'm not mistaken about you referring to the rogue spec.
    that guy is playing poorly. spike into backstab? talk about draining your energy for next to no damage.

OP you're playing the spec wrong, you just do voltaic slash x2, shock, backstab if it's half cost, and discharge. stack crit/surge. force shroud to deal with the scrubs that instantly press their knockback moves. never wait for a 5 stack, it's nice damage but mine still crits over 3k without full stacks. i've killed before with trinket (mine is crit/surge, you can trinket and overcharge saber without breaking stealth) and just voltaic x2, shock, discharge, double shock proc hits for 6k on occasion (combined) and i've fought plenty people wearing mostly champion gear. i'm only missing pants and an implant myself but this spec has worked ever since i got voltaic. chain shock just makes it lulzy.
    Last edited by Gentlepenguin; 2012-01-08 at 06:40 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No you wrote three paragraphs of opinion and QQ that you cant pvp, i just got out of a hutt ball that i went 34-1, the AC is perfectly fine in pvp, you have extremely high burst damage compared to other classes, vanish a cloak that removes slows and magic effects and makes you immune to magic damage for 2 seconds, a sprint a slow and a stun that both deal damage the class just isn't for you if you dont like that fact

SO you are basically agreeing with the OP, It's sucks till you are at max lvl, where it, "shines" good to know.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Assassin is completely fine. The force slow works, and you got tons of abilities to either get away if needed. You also got good sustained dmg which is fine. Its not as bursty as operative/scoundrel, but if the fight drags on they catch up. The only classes I seem to have issues with are the BH healer (merc) and Trooper healer (commando?) as I cant seem to get through their armor. (Though i should add that all the ones I have played on my realm so far have been 50 and decently geared)

I for one think the class is fine and that the melee/close ranged hybrid works very very well

saw that youtube clip higher up here... its... wow whit new skins... how BORING :S

If you can't kill lowbies as darkness this is definitely a learn to play issue as I can handle them as well as 50s I also generally finish in the top 3 in medal count because of taunts in basically all warzones. We have you force grip to quickly kill and flag carried by pulling them onto a flame vent as well as our aoe knock back. We also have a 100% movements speed increase on a 20 seconds cooldown that breaks snares. If you can't succeed with all that you should probably reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivius View Post
    saw that youtube clip higher up here... its... wow whit new skins... how BORING :S
    This post right here. I will always take the word of someone who watches a youtube clip on whether a game is good or bad.
    Yep - why ask people that have played what do they know. I'll just watch this youtube clip right here and.... BAM I know everything about how this game is now. Questions?

Deleted
    It's perfectly constructive. If you set up your burst and make good use of low slash you can go toe-to-toe with every class and win. If anything i feel borderline overpowered as an Assassin, and that's at 39. Even level 50's in expertise gear can still be destroyed 1v1 with good attack timing.

Also Darkness is probably the best ball carrying spec in the game in my opinion, it's just incredibly versatile.
    SO you are basically agreeing with the OP, It's sucks till you are at max lvl, where it, "shines" good to know.
    Where did he mention level cap in that?

Deleted
    The Assassin is far from useless. It's the Operative; but with better out of stealth DPS, more utility and better escape tools.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt any scientist would bother writing a formula to figure out what SWTOR class is best suited for you.

I do agree that assasin is one of those classes that require a lot of skill to survive, and kill their opponents fast in PvP. How comfortable are you staying behind your target at all times? This is not a class that can stand in front of a commando or jedi and expect not to die.

As a conclusion assasin is a wanna be rogue , shaman , deathknight , warlock who cant be any of these classes properly. I dont really care if they buff assasin in next patch because this class requires a whole redesign.
    Indeed, it is like playing 3 classes that require constant movement, and track of GCDs; your opponents in PvP are not like the mobs that you encounter during questing, they are actually somehow intelligent people who try to survive like you, so comparing your leveling experience (that how easy it was) to PvP is I think the mistake you are doing.

Assassin is fine. Nothing in your assessment of the Deception class' damage abilities is close to accurate in practice. Pure L2P issue.