Thread: Fizz tips

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fizz tips

Hey all,

I bought Fizz yesterday, but I'm having a bit of trouble with him. I found two guides, one going AD/AS, and one going AP. At the moment, I'm liking AP more, going for an early sheen.

However, I'm having huge troubles early game. I have absolutely no sustain (I start with boots and pots, so only sustain is pots), and have trouble farming.
    I normally level seastone trident first (but have all three abilities at level 3). Of course dodging spells is great, but early game it takes so much mana, making it hard to stay in lane until you have catalyst.

So I'm wondering, of you people that play Fizz, do you have any tips for me to play him more effectively?

Deleted
    You can dodge turrets with the jump spell if you jump when the projectile (or w/e it is) is in mid air.
    I don´t play Fizz so I dunno about the rest. And btw, I think AP is best.

fizz is hard to play well :/ hes not so hard to kill, and hes damage isnt "that" awsome... so hes hard to own whit if not feed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivius View Post
    fizz is hard to play well :/ hes not so hard to kill, and hes damage isnt "that" awsome... so hes hard to own whit if not feed
    All I can say is... Wat?

Your W does stupids amount of damage and has an healing debuff, your Q has high damage and allows you to close the gap between you and your enemy, your E is one of the most stupid things in the game and your Ult is extremely good in every situation.
    Just build him as tanky AP or as an AP assassin, and suddenly you realize how stupid the champ truly is. And no, you dont need AS or any AD. Just go full AP and steamroll over everything that moves.

I bought Fizz recently and he's awesome, imo. Easily my favorite champ. I play him AP killer; Trin force, Sorcerer shoes, Frozen Heart and work toward Deathcap/Void Staff. Can get a few more defense items if you feel you need it.

His playstyle to me is all about getting in range, bursting, then GTFO. All his skills can be used offensively or defensively. Reserve your E for an escape or killing blow. Don't be afraid to use your R liberally- it scares the hell out of people. Also try to get a feel for his charge range- very easy to overshoot your mark. Just practice.

One of the best skill sets in the game, IMO. Wonderfully designed.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-01-08 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why TF instead of Lichbane?

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Why TF instead of Lichbane?
    Movespeed, attack speed, HP, MP, slow and armor. Attack speed is pretty good on him. I sometimes get a Wit's End if I am doing well.

But almost always grab Tri-force (Sheen is good on him) and Frozen Heart on my way to other items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lichbane has the Sheen effect. Mana, Move Speed. AP and Magic Resist. Seems like a solid item instead of TF for an AP build.

Lichbane doesn't have the sheen effect. It deals your AP on your next auto-attack, Sheen and TF however deal your base AD. When you're building tanky-fizz it is a lot more beneficial to go for a TF since a) you won't have enough AP to make lichbane better and b) you will benefit a lot more from having AS/Slow/AD.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Lichbane has the Sheen effect. Mana, Move Speed. AP and Magic Resist. Seems like a solid item instead of TF for an AP build.
    No HP/MP or AS though, right? I like being a bit more survivable and hitting quick. Works for me so far. So meh.

Only time to pick up LB is if you have the AP for it, which generally is a Death Cap or something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarios View Post
    Only time to pick up LB is if you have the AP for it, which generally is a Death Cap or something else.
    Fair enough, looked more at the AP bit than the actual description of his gear.

My personal build is Lichbane/Deathcap/Sorc Shoes.

I say screw health with him, he can dodge anything, even Karthus' ult, why the hell not glass cannon? The way I have my masteries set-up, I have 117 AP after Lichbane, so his Q starts dealing beastly damage.

With LB/Deathcap/Sorc Shoes, anyone who doesn't have high Mres or high health gets 2-3 shot. All those high damage AD carries with no health? Dropped like a rock. Tryndamere? Dead man spinning. Casters with RoA? Vanish in the blink of an eye.

Stuff dies to Fizz, and hes one of the strongest assassins because of his ability to avoid. He counters basically anything except high CC or Olaf. I can't kill Olaf. Ever. EVER.

My full game build is -
    R>W>E>Q - have all 3 skills by level 3.
    Start with Dorans Ring.
    Sorc Boots/Lichbane/Deathcap/Void/Rylais/Will of the Ancients
    or
    Sorc Boots/Lichbane/Deathcap/Rylais/Will of the Ancients/Malady

Stuff evaporates. Except Olaf or CC. Fizz is a late game champ through and through, and he shines when hes done building, moreso than most champs. And if I play a full game with him, generally I finish building and end up spending several grand on elixirs

Fizz can initiate too, but shouldn't if they have short cooldown CC.

With Baron, your shark ends up dealing 1100-1400 damage, and your Q ends up dealing somewhere around 1500-1600. It's stupidly powerful.

The trick is to be hunting them through the jungle. See someone, throw a shark, WQ onto them, then laugh as they run away with ignite. Personally I dont use flash because I hate it, but I imagine it'd be stupidly powerful on him.
    Last edited by drukai; 2012-01-08 at 11:14 PM.

I have an aversion to glass cannon archetypes. So I tend to always skew toward some defense. But don't particularly like the concept of LOL's meta- which I think is laughable. Trinity Force gives me all I need without losing AP. You just don't gain as much as LB- which I am fine with given the other benefits.

Picking TF over LB seems incredibly strange for an AP Assassin. Why would you want AD when your passive from your Trident scales off AP, increasing your "AD" with the more AP you have, not to mention you can practically double it upon activation.

Getting TF because of its armor/AS/Slow or w/e reason isnt good enough. You're not supposed to be tanky, you're an assassin, and even if you wanted to build tanky there's hybrid AP items like Rylai's and Rod, both giving you survivability + AP and that slow you wanted. You don't even really need a slow with 2 abilities slowing the enemy already.

A well built Fizz can burst down enemy carries almost as quick as LeBlanc due to the fact LB will do ridiculous amounts of damage since it would be 100% AP + 70(+35% AP) + 30(+35%) + your AD with the activation of your Seastone. Lets say you had 200 AP, that'd be 440 damage + your AD in a single activation of Seastone Trident... if you're playing Fizz right you should be able to activate LB 2 to 3 more times, minus the Seastone Acitvation effect

440 (+AD)
    +
    450 (+AD)
    +
    420 + 200(+ AD) next hit
    +
    (Chum the Waters: 650 + 200 + AD)
    =
    1510 + (3xAD) or 2360 + (4xAD)

Note: I don't play AD enough to know whether your auto attacks are 100% of your AD so I just left that blank instead of saying something like 100 AD, and of course these numbers will be a bit less ingame due to the fact that there are resistances

TL;DR: AP Fizz can do 1510-2360 AP Damage in a matter of seconds with only 200 AP, making him a bursty ASSASSIN, which is what he was intended to be, not some Tanky AD wannabe that probably sees half of these numbers. Every effect on Trinity Force besides crit has an AP version of it. You love AP, AP = AD but AD doesnt equal AP when you think about it.
    Last edited by Wolfmor; 2012-01-09 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Forgot to add Lichbane Effect to Chum
    "And if my heart should stop, keep me alive for a minute, I want to see if a curtain drops"

~La Dispute

Just because one builds a Trinity Force doesn't mean they are building a tank or don't have other AP items. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Just because one builds a Trinity Force doesn't mean they are building a tank or don't have other AP items. >.>
    Trinity Force is 3k gold and I just think that should be spent somewhere else where you benefit more from the stats, like turning the Sheen into a Lichbane and not a TF, if you're getting other AP items what's the purpose of having a TF since your AP should be higher than your AD, making LB a more optimal choice. To benefit the most from TF you need to have more AD than AP unless you want it for other stats on it (Zhonya is AP + Armor and Rylai's Crystal Scepter is a slow and AP)

I just don't see the purpose of spending 3k gold on an AD item
    "And if my heart should stop, keep me alive for a minute, I want to see if a curtain drops"

~La Dispute

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmor View Post
    I just don't see the purpose of spending 3k gold on an AD item
    You only lose AP gained by item. I feel the other stats are much more suitable to my playstyle than a Lich Bane.

Being able to take a hit or two while dealing decent damage was my main motivation in buying Fizz. It's a matter of playstyle- I prefer the options TF gives more than a bit of burst off LB. Which is what he asked- Why I chose TF over LB; because it suits my playstyle more.

Rushing Lich Bane is stupid, i'm sorry for the harsh wording but it's that bad. Sheen deals your base AD which is 100 or so. If you rush LB you have around 100-120 AP, which means you are paying 2200g for that small an upgrade, sure you get other stats but you can get a whole lot more for 2200g.

Lich Bane is only worth the gold after a deathcap at the very least. Some even delay it until the last item.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Deleted
    Build Fizz as a glass cannon AP burster, he's extremely good as one because of his trickster ability.

Your items should be situational, the build I've usually went with when playing him has been:
    Boots + 3 HP pot / Doran's Ring
    Catalyst
    Sorc Boots
    Rod of Ages
    Rabadon
    Lich bane
    Void Staff

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 03:06 AM ----------

Movespeed, attack speed, HP, MP, slow and armor. Attack speed is pretty good on him. I sometimes get a Wit's End if I am doing well.

But almost always grab Tri-force (Sheen is good on him) and Frozen Heart on my way to other items.
    Sorry but your way to build him is sub optimal, he has no reason to get attack speed other than W use which scales better of AP anyway and he has nothing scaling with attack damage.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 03:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thigrai View Post
    Rushing Lich Bane is stupid, i'm sorry for the harsh wording but it's that bad. Sheen deals your base AD which is 100 or so. If you rush LB you have around 100-120 AP, which means you are paying 2200g for that small an upgrade, sure you get other stats but you can get a whole lot more for 2200g.

Lich Bane is only worth the gold after a deathcap at the very least. Some even delay it until the last item.
    It can be really good on some early but I wouldn't suggest getting it before ~200 AP.
    There was a post long ago on Mobafire where someone calculated the required AP "sweetspot" on proc, can't find it now though =(

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 03:13 AM ----------

You only lose AP gained by item. I feel the other stats are much more suitable to my playstyle than a Lich Bane.

Being able to take a hit or two while dealing decent damage was my main motivation in buying Fizz. It's a matter of playstyle- I prefer the options TF gives more than a bit of burst off LB. Which is what he asked- Why I chose TF over LB; because it suits my playstyle more.
    Lich Bane actually does much more burst than Trinity force as it scales of AP and not base damage.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm bashing =(

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 03:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Hey all,

I bought Fizz yesterday, but I'm having a bit of trouble with him. I found two guides, one going AD/AS, and one going AP. At the moment, I'm liking AP more, going for an early sheen.

However, I'm having huge troubles early game. I have absolutely no sustain (I start with boots and pots, so only sustain is pots), and have trouble farming.
    I normally level seastone trident first (but have all three abilities at level 3). Of course dodging spells is great, but early game it takes so much mana, making it hard to stay in lane until you have catalyst.

So I'm wondering, of you people that play Fizz, do you have any tips for me to play him more effectively?
    I found it hard aswell at the start but by maxing my W at start and using it as my main poke, specing 7 in utility for the mana and having mana reg runes made it much easier up until catalyst then after I wasn't feeling as mana starved. If you mid always see if your jungler can give you a blue early.
    Last edited by mmoc0798c9712b; 2012-01-09 at 02:15 AM.