Thread: Nuclear bomb

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What an awful question/dilemma... No I wouldn't. Never!

I won't go into detail, but it's a really really really sick thought to kill someone to save another.
    Think it through, carefully, and i think you will agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    That's why you do it, so you don't have to deal with dilemmas like this.
    If only everything worked out that way in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate these kind of questions with a passion.

All I could come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by therealpeni View Post
    lol, hell no.

in fact, it sadly enough would be good if half of the human population would be gone, more room for nature, and just about anyone could live in a good condition.
    thing is, once u start thinking bout who would have to go and who to stay, none would count himself
    At first I would have said yes, but strangely enough I agree with you. The world does not have sufficient natural resources to sustain 6 billion people for a long time, and keeping more alive will do more harm than good in the long run, so I decided that if this situation were to arise I wouldn't intervene. I wouldn't have to take the lives of 10 people , which would probably burden my conscience if I did it with my own hands, and the world population would be reduced. However i would rather have anything other than a nuclear bomb as the cause of death because those things have a lasting effect in the area of the explosion which would severely affect the environment and people who live there after the events.
    Honestly though it would be a distasteful way of reducing the world's population I would find it somewhat more humane to make regulate the the number of children born in regions of asia and africa for a while until the different ethnicities in the world reach a similar ration of population to the size of their respective land. And after that apply the restrictions to the rest of the world, limiting the number of children per couple to two with a few exceptions (multiple births etc) .

Honestly... there is no way to set-up a bomb to be deactivated by the act of killing 10 people. So the real set-up here is that you are going to trust the person who is putting you into this situation that they wouldn't set the bomb off anyways. Personally I doubt anyone who would put another person in this situation is trustworthy. So no, definitely not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Lol ofc i would, as would anyone given the choice, nomatter what they say, if it came down to it, they would
    And what if the 10 innocent people were all from you family? Would you do it then?

10+ Year Old Account
    An easy choice when you put it to an internet forum.

Why would a terrorist care if you killed 10 random people when they are trying to make a statement by killing millions of people?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    No I wouldn't...There's already way too many people on this planet.

If someone just told me? I would do nothing, I see no reason too believe what they say is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post

Circumstantially, you'd be harming millions by not harming 10. Saying 'harm no one' doesn't work.
    I harm noone, its the man with the bomb who does

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    Why not just evacuate the whole city?
    Well, there's a good chance the bomb is on a triggered detonation, and not a timer. So if you were to try to evac, it'd just be set off and kill everyone anyways.

Also, it's not which cities I don't care about, it's which ones I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Well seeing how I never put the bomb there in the first place I wouldn't consider myself killing them. I was only given the choice to save them by killing 10 people and I couldn't live with myself doing that.
    It doesn't matter who put the bomb there. What matters is that you have the ability to stop it from going off. Either way, someone is going to die. The choice has been left to you as to how many. You're going to have to live with yourself either way, knowing that you could have saved millions of people, but chose not to.

The sad part is that out of a million people, you'd easily find 10 who would volunteer to die, just to save the rest.

Depends on who are those 10 and who are among those that would be affected by the nuclear bomb. Basically, I would give up on those about whom I care less.

Can i get out of the area before the bomb goes off?
    If so im getting the fuck out of there.
    Otherwise sure I would kill 10 random people to save everyone/me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Honestly... there is no way to set-up a bomb to be deactivated by the act of killing 10 people. So the real set-up here is that you are going to trust the person who is putting you into this situation that they wouldn't set the bomb off anyways. Personally I doubt anyone who would put another person in this situation is trustworthy. So no, definitely not.
    I'm sure somebody could figure out some Saw-style contraption if they put their mind to it for like 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'm sure somebody could figure out some Saw-style contraption if they put their mind to it for like 30 seconds.
    How about you come up with a way for just by killing someone a bomb would be deactivated then, since you think it would only take 30 seconds to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    It doesn't matter who put the bomb there. What matters is that you have the ability to stop it from going off. Either way, someone is going to die. The choice has been left to you as to how many. You're going to have to live with yourself either way, knowing that you could have saved millions of people, but chose not to.

The sad part is that out of a million people, you'd easily find 10 who would volunteer to die, just to save the rest.
    I'm perfectly fine letting a few million people die instead of 10 that I have to kill.

Take a coin and those 2 options. Make it serious. Flip the coin and while its in mid air, you'll know your answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The word is "nucular", don't worry though, lots of people spell it wrong.

Someone earlier gave the doctor predicament, and I felt the need to answer it. Would I let 1 person die to save 5 others? If I was the doctor? Yes. Problem is, laws stop us. But in a weird universe where there are no laws? Yea, go for it.