Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Look at character screen(hopefully decided on my prime classes to play first), and make those characters. Since I want the looks right, it'll soak my time for some time. Afterwards, login play my favorite class first! Probably PvE, gonna wait with PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Play through story quests till capped/max gear. Then set up all the achievements in a excel list and blow through them as possible.

I don't PVP.
    Then you shall remember GW2 has daily/weekly (or was it monthly?) achivements.. So will be quite fun to farm your achivements in this game! Lots of time, you'll never be "done" + you earn nice things

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Try to locate cookies so I can begin phase 1 of my plan.
    Haha, good luck! I'll be creating cookies illusions all over Tyria, such evil mesmer I am! *Evil laugh*

OT: I'll probably take a long time during the character creation, since I really want an awesome looking Asura Mesmer! Then I'll start of doing the introducing chain of quests, then some DE's.
    When I'm bored of this I'm of to do some WvWvW or just some normal PvP God, I'll love the PvP!
    Last edited by mmoc0811aa1cbc; 2012-01-09 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will jump... like there's no tomorrow. Then probably explore underwater, see if its all I want it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh oh oh oh oh, I thought of a good one!
    I'm gonna kill me some skritt >:D

To all who say a few hours at character creation. That might be a little short seeing as how not only do you customize your looks, but your personal story choices (1 or 2 race choices of 3 or 4 options, 1 class choice of 3 options, 3 or 4 life choices of like 20+ options) all change how you look. I think there was a possibility of 7k+ options with the story choices alone. lol so might be there for a while if you want to see every possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorad View Post
    To all who say a few hours at character creation. That might be a little short seeing as how not only do you customize your looks, but your personal story choices (1 or 2 race choices of 3 or 4 options, 1 class choice of 3 options, 3 or 4 life choices of like 20+ options) all change how you look. I think there was a possibility of 7k+ options with the story choices alone. lol so might be there for a while if you want to see every possibility.
    You only have to pick 5 story choices.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Biography

Deleted
    First I'll spent a long time in character creation until my character is perfect. Then I'll probably just do tutorial area/quest until I'm done questing and I know all abilities. After that I might look into some PvP/WvWvW while still leveling up. And I just won't skip anything that comes on my path like DE's or exploration bosses or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Then you shall remember GW2 has daily/weekly (or was it monthly?) achievements.. So will be quite fun to farm your achievements in this game! Lots of time, you'll never be "done" + you earn nice things
    I know. I'm a sucker for those things. It's a compulsion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Try to locate cookies so I can begin phase 1 of my plan.
    Find a new hiding place for my stolen cookies to keep the Asura in check, but that is right after I spend an hour creating my Necromancer!

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I know. I'm a sucker for those things. It's a compulsion.
    1,2,3,4 what 1,2,3,4 do 1,2,3,4 you 1,2,3,4 mean 1,2,3,4 compulsion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorad View Post
    That's what you've " http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/character_tool/ " for... Though mesmer ain't there, there is every other choice!

edit: up in the right corner is a english option
    Last edited by mmoc0811aa1cbc; 2012-01-09 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    That's what you've " http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/character_tool/ " for... Though mesmer ain't there, there is every other choice!

edit: up in the right corner is a english option
    Thanks, I'll be sure to send this to a few mates!

After the (probably) 30+ minutes I'll be spending on creating my thief and 20 minutes thinking of the perfect name I will immediately start leveling and experiencing the awesome event system once I'm satisfied with that I'll try pvp. Usually in any other game I'd go for the pvp first but pve in this game actually looks *fun*.

Deleted
    Good question!!! :-)

Phew...I'll mess around in the character creator - I know roughly how I want my character to look, but I'd like to see what all of the options etc are.

This process will be agonizing for me, as I'll be aching to jump in to the game...I should really start writing my ideas for names etc.

After jumping in...I'll go with the flow, intro story, DEs etc - to get a feel for it all. It'll just roll from there. Once I've got a vague idea of what I'm doing and how to drive, I'll mix PvP up with general adventuring - I imagine, sometimes I'll be in the mood for lots of one and sometimes, lots of the other.

I'm not that fussed about levels or achievement hunting...they'll come when they come, I just wanna do stuff.

It could go either way for me - could be that I'll get sucked in to my mesmer and not bother with anything else...or perhaps I'll do what I did in SWTOR, and level one of each up to 10, to see if there's a style that would do it for me more. I prefer the idea of sticking with one for a while...but it depends how it handles for me.

I strongly suspect there'll be some time off work taken and I'll play very solidly for a few days...

I'm more of a "which way is the wind blowing today" player of MMOs rather than really organized and with an agenda...as long as I play, I'm happy.

Deleted
    It will probably take me a looong time to create my character first. Not gonna do the same mistake again and rush into the game by creating it in a hurry.

Then I will probably try to do my personal story...see an event nearby, say to myself "wow let me see what's going on over there"...do the event, which chains into another one, which let's me pass about 3 more events, which all have chains, which will take me to some cool looking area where I just HAVE to explore...cause that cave just looks to interesting to walk by...probably find some NPCs who sell some cool stuff...and run into another event...and in the end totally forget what I planned to do first

So to say it short: I will let the game carry me away and do whatever I feel like doing!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna try to learn what it is first. Oh and, learn how to get over the fact that there's no holy trinity.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Tovarish24 View Post
    I'm gonna try to learn what it is first. Oh and, learn how to get over the fact that there's no holy trinity.
    All you really have to get used to is that there is no fixed aggro table and no direct heals. Everything else sort of flows.

Probably crying in Beijing as I've not been able to get hold of a copy yet while everyone is going on about how amazing it is on the forums...

...or...the forums will be deadly quite as everyone focuses on the game...and the only sound will be my agonised, despairing wailing...

Please let there be digital download on release. /crosses teeny Asura fingers in one hand...the other holding various nasty implements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Probably crying in Beijing as I've not been able to get hold of a copy yet while everyone is going on about how amazing it is on the forums...

...or...the forums will be deadly quite as everyone focuses on the game...and the only sound will be my agonised, despairing wailing...

Please let there be digital download on release. /crosses teeny Asura fingers in one hand...the other holding various nasty implements.
    no way the forums will be quiet there are always tons of whiny people who have to bitch about some feature they don't like.

Ur probably sadly correct. Still, hopefully the nice ppl will all be in game. The whiners will be crying and then logging other games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Thanks, I'll be sure to send this to a few mates!
    No problems, always happy to help a fellow GW2 fan!