Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    The problem with that would be for people with bad ping (Australians like me). Hot-key is so much better for lag as everyone is limited to one action every 1.5sec, actually trying to hit a target with 200ms in a FPS would not be enjoyable, but I can WoW and SWTOR with barely any issues at all (except I have to move out of the bad and interrupt that much faster than our American friends).
    This is why I said as technical limitations leave. And this is exactly why Tera will fail, because were not ready for real time combat mmo.

Deleted
    Rank 5 Light Empire/Rank 5 Dark Republic characters should be able to do a long, solo quest line on a very grand scale (storywise) that can only ever be done once and can't be undone, to defect to the other side. Not a race/faction change, you'd be a Smuggler on the Empire's Side, or Sith Warrior on Republic.

Infact I remember reading that if you're a Light Side Bounty Hunter it is implied you are going to swap sides near the end, but you don't obviously. I don't really see why this feature would cause problems, the classes are balanced mirrors of each other (supposedly, but not really cause Bioware are clowns and need to fix some classes).

In the game world you see and hear about people defecting all the time, it's not so much of a stretch that players should be able to. I mean it seems kinda silly when you're a Jedi Knight walking around killing people who existed at you funny, yet you're still saving the world.
    Last edited by mmoc350bad3c21; 2012-01-09 at 02:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    Rank 5 Light Empire/Rank 5 Dark Republic characters should be able to do a long, solo quest line on a very grand scale (storywise) that can only ever be done once and can't be undone, to defect to the other side. Not a race/faction change, you'd be a Smuggler on the Empire's Side, or Sith Warrior on Republic.

Infact I remember reading that if you're a Light Side Bounty Hunter it is implied you are going to swap sides near the end, but you don't obviously. I don't really see why this feature would cause problems, the classes are balanced mirrors of each other (supposedly, but not really cause Bioware are clowns and need to fix some classes).

In the game world you see and hear about people defecting all the time, it's not so much of a stretch that players should be able to. I mean it seems kinda silly when you're a Jedi Knight walking around killing people who existed at you funny, yet you're still saving the world.
    Spoiler

Story wise, a LS agent can defect to SIS at the end (according to LS agents on the swtor forum). AFAIK it doesn't do anything game wise (you are still Empire) but yeah.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

What Bioware should have done:

Take some risk and shake things up.

- Enable full loot eg. UO, Darkfall
    - Overhaul of combat system, eg. no tab targetting, but rather mouse-targeting required similar to Darkfall. This results in an emphasis on targetting all your abilities, even heals, or you'll miss, wasting the ability

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    They should have made the game an Action/FPS MMO instead of a hotkey/tabtarget MMO.
    Mass Effect gameplay for ranged classes and Witcher 2/Force Unleashed/Skyrim kind of gameplay for melee classes.
    Wouldn't even go near it, I subbed because it was hotkey mmo and not some bulky Skyrim quickbar mmo that makes you feel like pausing whenever you want to react.
    Last edited by mmoc95544e94a1; 2012-01-09 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elobi View Post
    Wouldn't even go near it, I subbed because it was hotkey mmo and not some bulky Skyrim quickbar mmo that makes you feel like pausing whenever you want to react.
    Yea I think one of the reasons the game has had initial success is because it's just like wow