Going from Demo > Destro

im curious, ive been a demo lock for the longest while, how hard is it transitioning to destro? is the spell priorities more complex?

I've heard that Destro is the most complex.

Quicker casts is one thing, get used to more APM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's faster paced and ISF will feel awkward for a while, but it's MUCH more enjoyable to play since the 4.3 changes--lengthening the duration of ISF made a big difference.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

I've heard that Destro is the most complex.
    not at all...
    destro has its complexity, but not as the most. Single target fights aren't that much hard and different with demo(even easier to play), but multitarget needs huge training to be competitive(I see demo like somethin anti multi!).

mastering demo takes more practice then mastering destro. i know from experience. it took me a couple weeks to really get the destro rotation down, while it took nearly a month to get the demo rotation down. (a lot of that was just not understanding what to do)

Spell rotation is slightly less complex. The opening sequences for demo are definitely more complicated than for destro. The biggest difference will be stat priority. If you are a full mastery build in demo you will want to see about adding haste and possibly crit.

I've found destro a lot easier and more enjoyable than demo.
    The only thing that gets kind of awkward is ISF, but if you can get the T13 4pc, that helps a LOT. The other thing is to make sure your immolate is 100%. I've found that if I get a little slow on refreshing immolate (which is happening more often as I switched some addons around recently >.<) my DPS drops a lot, since you're losing some incinerate damage as well as the damage from immolate.

And with that Khargol said about stats. It's Hit > Haste > Crit = Mastery. Crit is slightly higher, but like everybody says, simcraft everything! I've found just getting to the haste soft cap (I can't remember what it is off the top of my head, but I use elitistjerks numbers) and then splitting between mastery and crit has been giving me the best numbers right now.
    You know nothing of the crunch!

I would have to disagree with what most people are saying. I just made the switch from demo to destro about 2 weeks ago. Demo tends to still feel more like a rotation than priority, where destro definitely feels like a priority system. As many have said, keeping up ISF takes some getting used to, especially when you have to hard cast to refresh. The T13 set bonus helps a ton with this though.

Also, I've heard that it's not really worth switching to if you can't hit the 2681 haste rating - which is really hard to hit at lower gear levels. Once you get higher gear, mastery also becomes slightly better than crit. Overall, I'd say destro is much more fun to play, an is a lot more consistent than demo, especially with multi-target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Abiel View Post
    Also, I've heard that it's not really worth switching to if you can't hit the 2681 haste rating.
    This isn't really true. I simmed myself at the 2589 I'm currently at (that's the currently reachable immolate plateau) and at 2681, and actually found it to be a DPS loss, so 2589 seems to be more than sufficient.
    But yes, mastery does pass crit later on, but from what I've seen, they seem to stay fairly close throughout this tier.
    You know nothing of the crunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Samania View Post
    This isn't really true. I simmed myself at the 2589 I'm currently at (that's the currently reachable immolate plateau) and at 2681, and actually found it to be a DPS loss, so 2589 seems to be more than sufficient.
    But yes, mastery does pass crit later on, but from what I've seen, they seem to stay fairly close throughout this tier.
    I suppose that's pretty fair to say. I simmed and it kind of fluctuates up and down below 2681. I don't recall exactly how low was too low though.