Thread: 10k Affection?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10k Affection?

What does getting the 10k affection actually do??? My Khem is on 9k Affection with Andro on 8k.... does something really cool happen when it gets to 10k?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, if you have a companion of the opposite sex around 9500-10000 then you get married(if not before). If they are the same sex nothing really happens(at least until the same sex relationship patch comes in).

Nope. It's just a cap. All the cool story stuff happens along the way and unlocks depending upon how far you are on your class quest.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 05:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    Not really, if you have a companion of the opposite sex around 9500-10000 then you get married(if not before).
    Obv you have to have pursued the relationship storyline when you had a chance earlier. Also they must be romanceable for that--for example you can't romance light-side Jaesa on SW so no marrying her.

yeah i made my Inq a homocidal maniac and Khem loves it... but i was hoping it would lower the time/cost of going out 2 get materials. Im up 2 grade 6 Metal/Fabrics and man is 45 mins a long time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Nope. It's just a cap. All the cool story stuff happens along the way and unlocks depending upon how far you are on your class quest.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 05:28 AM ----------

Obv you have to have pursued the relationship storyline when you had a chance earlier. Also they must be romanceable for that--for example you can't romance light-side Jaesa on SW so no marrying her.
    Obviously there are factors that go into what you can and can't do within the dialogue. Also dark side Jaesa is soooo much better than light side.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    yeah i made my Inq a homocidal maniac and Khem loves it... but i was hoping it would lower the time/cost of going out 2 get materials. Im up 2 grade 6 Metal/Fabrics and man is 45 mins a long time...
    Wait until you get the 340 crew skill quests. My Jaesa is at 10000 affection and it takes a little over 2 hours to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    Obviously there are factors that go into what you can and can't do within the dialogue. Also dark side Jaesa is soooo much better than light side.

Wait until you get the 340 crew skill quests. My Jaesa is at 10000 affection and it takes a little over 2 hours to do it.

oh the joy cant wait....

Deleted
    Affection affects your companions time doing missions for you, and increases the chance they make a [Mastercraft] Item.

Quote Originally Posted by Elobi View Post
    Affection affects your companions time doing missions for you, and increases the chance they make a [Mastercraft] Item.
    so i really should b sending Khem or andro to the weave crafting instead of my crappy droid?

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Yeah, the companion quests are a bit odd. I got one from Mako, but then it disappeared Hope it's not bugged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is their a way to increase your ship droids affection for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Don't think so.
    Yub Yub

Sadly, very few companions reward you with actual quests. with my inquisitor, only khem val gave me actual quests. the others (talos and azhara) had stories, but they went on their missions alone, witthout me
    I romanced ashara to 10 000 and now she sends me epic companioon gifts regularly via mail.

Seems to be a bug with Mako hopefully they come back once I finish the first act: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=89325

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    Sadly, very few companions reward you with actual quests. with my inquisitor, only khem val gave me actual quests. the others (talos and azhara) had stories, but they went on their missions alone, witthout me
    I romanced ashara to 10 000 and now she sends me epic companioon gifts regularly via mail.
    I finished Elara's romance and it was...subpar at best. She sent me like two gifts and then never spoke to me again. Pretty lame.

besides side quests for each of them (several), my 2 that are at 10k regularly send me blue/purple items and credits in the mail.

Deleted
    Kind of funny how nothing changes when you do end up completing a romance, which mostly leads to marriage. You'd think they would at least react differently to you when you summon them/right click them.

I bet alot of stuff will improve with patches. Including companion content.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The droid don't have feelings. It's only a simple droid. Guess it's not in it programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    Seems to be a bug with Mako hopefully they come back once I finish the first act: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=89325
    At least it's not quite as bad as the Kira Carsen bug. 10k affection, absolutely no way to advance the relationship because I flirted with her early on at the wrong moment. =/

Can't wait for that to get fixed. Will be pretty funny to do about 50 quests for her in a row though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i got all 5 of my companions at 10k... They craft faster and do missions faster.
    From epic 340 skill mission it took of around 30 minutes. so from 2.40 to around 2.05-10.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.