What to do with leftover gems.

Hey guys,

I was hoping one of you AH gurus can help me out here. Basically ive been shuffling ore on my server, its made me alot of money, however in my mad search for inferno rubies which are the most profitable at the moment, I have literally a ton of other rare/uncommon gems left that I dont know what to do with, my bank is full and besides the occasional half-cut I cant think of how to get rid of them. Inb4 noob.

Deleted
    Out of green gems I always make green jewelry and disenchant them (can do for everything else but zephyrite). If you got alchemist, you can transmute them to meta gems. For other rare gems? Idk, keep few of every cut gem in ah if you got recipies. I have dozens of stacks laying around in my bank since they sell very seldomly compared to other stuff.

Deleted
    I'm with Shemzu, I normally make the jewellery and DE it (carnellian spikes are pretty good, can get 3 greater celestial essences). With the rare i normally check the AH and see what is selling well for each cut, then cut about 5 of them and plonk them on. If they don't sell and the price has dropped I might just store them or just put them back on if the price is reasonable.

Deleted
    If you're not afraid getting your hands dirty...Go to the Jewelcrafting hutt and check what daily quest they offer. Lets say they want you to craft 3x Solid zephyrite,you then sort out your stack(s) of zephyrite into bundles of 3 per stack and put them on AH for about 70-120g /stack ( Buy every Zephyrite that is below 15g to avoid competition). Also,always make sure you don't overprice them ( Putting them for more than Chimera's Eye prices)

This can be timeconsuming but the payout for doing the Ah game for a few hours can be huge!
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-01-09 at 11:23 AM.

Deleted
    What I do:

Uncommon gems (all but zephyrite/carnelian), make into jewellery and DE it.
    Carnelian is usually transmute into inferno for most servers; but maybe spikes are still viable for you.
    Zephyrite sell in stacks of 3 on quest day - otherwise, you're never going to shift them. Either vendor them or stockpile them if you have space and hope they sell for people levelling JC on new alts in MoP once mat prices go back up.
    Rare gems, red, orange, purple, green (if it's worth it) cut and sell.
    Yellow + blue I make 377 pvp necks/fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    What I do:

Uncommon gems (all but zephyrite/carnelian), make into jewellery and DE it.
    Carnelian is usually transmute into inferno for most servers; but maybe spikes are still viable for you.
    Zephyrite sell in stacks of 3 on quest day - otherwise, you're never going to shift them. Either vendor them or stockpile them if you have space and hope they sell for people levelling JC on new alts in MoP once mat prices go back up.
    Rare gems, red, orange, purple, green (if it's worth it) cut and sell.
    Yellow + blue I make 377 pvp necks/fingers.
    I wish it was worth it on my server to make the blue rings or necklaces. Volatile airs are 15g each, thats 120g just in volatiles and shards are only 90g. So I just end up with 100s of blue gems in my bank. I actually cut and vendored over 180 of them this morning.

I turn yellow and green ones into jewellery and DE those. If I happen to get a blue proc with decent stats, I'll AH it instead of DEing. I try to keep a decent stack of orange gems for transmutes for gems for alts.

Whenever I end up with 2 full stacks of blue, green and yellow rare gems, I vendor a stack. The gems are really messed up in Cata, with basically only reds being commonly used and so much better than others for everyone but tanks.