help with patching

Hallo guys

I have bought the game a couple of hours ago and i just logged in.
    After downloading a 2gb patch and i was happy that it finished now i gotta download another 5 gb patch.

Is that normal?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since you are just installing, I would say that yes it is normal.

Once you get everything downloaded, they don't tend to put out huge patches all the time. Most of them have been 20mb-30mb fixes rather than massive pathes.

Did the same thing yesterday afternoon and even after all the patches downloaded, I still couldn't play. The game would crash out after getting to the initial loading screen (after you've input username/password and selected the retail version server cluster). Ended up uninstalling the retail version and downloaded it from the site instead. Let it run all night with my computer in non-suspend mode and was actually able to get past the start screen this morning. IF you go that route, be advised that it will download all that content that is included on the retail disks.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

think the problem is that , as i bought the german version of the game it was downloading ENGLISH ASSETS as of 5gb , coz i changed into english language

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnous View Post
    think the problem is that , as i bought the german version of the game it was downloading ENGLISH ASSETS as of 5gb , coz i changed into english language
    That would likely be it. I know that that people where also having issues with the launcher hanging on English Assets. Don't lose the launcher if it does this. Just wait for it and the speed will pick up again.

Maybe I just didn't pay attention, but I don't think my patches where that large.