Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Music] What is dubstep?

Hello, if I were deaf, how would you tell me how dubstep sounds like?

Deleted
    If you were deaf, you wouldn't be able to recreate sound waves in your head because you have never heard a sound.

Or maybe OP was not born deaf.

If I were to describe dubstep in my opinion, it's like someone beating your face with a speaker playing hardstyle music slowed down while adjusting the volume randomly.

like a once unique and fresh style of music, which started to turn shit in 2010.

Deleted
    "wubwubwub"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post

If I were to describe dubstep in my opinion, it's like someone beating your face with a speaker playing hardstyle music slowed down while adjusting the volume randomly.
    Wait, who is deaf and who isn't, because someone clearly is.

Dubstep is what we used to call "sampling" 10-20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post

You're referring to bad producers in the genre called "Brostep". Although it's not hard to be bad in that sub-genre. It's all bad.

Also, what if the deaf person doesn't know what hardstyle music is? Not the best description. Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    "wubwubwub"
    You said it.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Deleted
    hmmm dificult question ~ ,^ what about making a thread and asking, how someone would explain the color purple to a blind person

Deleted
    I'd tell them how envious I was of them to have never had to have endured dubstep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emias View Post
    Most dubstep is like cheese grating your eardrum.
    The better stuff is really good - some of the nero remixes. Heavy beats mixed with a bit of chillout - very good combo.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Dubstep is what we used to call "sampling" 10-20 years ago.
    Well dubstep in the late 90s was the best. This "current" dubstep is mostly garbage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emias View Post
    Well the hardstyle kick is just a distorted sine wave, and dubstep sub bass is pretty close to it, of course it would be boring to be just a sine, but you get the point. Same with volume, it is frequency cutoff, but not always(also, fletcher-munson curve is why most people think it's adjusting the volume).
    The only wrong thing he said is "randomly".

if you were deaf you could feel the base drops if the base was good enough in a speaker... that might work

Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    "wubwubwub"

Deleted
    Wob wob wob wob bwaaa bwaaa bwaaa

Only way to do so for someone who is completely tone deaf would be to explain it using descriptions from the other 4 senses they DO have.

Try to explain it visually. Like watching a multiple car crash in slow motion for example.

Or using touch emphasizing the bass and whump-whumps with slow beating on/of their chest, maybe and rubbing a couple of sheets of sandpaper together so they can imagine the sensation of the deep grinding bass and rumbling scratchy whumpwhumps that make up dubstep.

Or with taste... get them to alternate sucking a lemon then sugar cube. BITTER SWEET BITTER SWEET etc.

Anywho am sure others could come up with better ways to explain it other than my own interpretations. Ofc you will get variation on the replies here depending on whether the poster likes or dislikes dubstep.

Dubstep is what 12-15 year olds listen to and think they are cool.
    So if you're deaf, you're not missing anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeVvE View Post
    Dubstep is what 12-15 year olds listen to and think they are cool.
    It's shit btw, if you didnt figure out, I rather listen to Justin Beiber, and I hate Justin Beiber.
    I don't think the OP asked you about your opinion on this type of music.

There you go, explained for you.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.