Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glassmage View Post
    No, it has already been coined "Looking For Retards" :P
    Pretty sure it was "Loot For Retards".

But anyway, can you guide us through the thought processes that led to this revolutionary idea?

Deleted
    Haha, did you come up with that all by your self?

But, the derp machine would be TDM not LFR. It doesn't make sense at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    Yeah...so?
    You say "A brand is judged by the products" and when I point to the fact that WoW has many other, BETTER, products, your response is... "Yeah... so?"

Really?

Wow, dude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    But, the derp machine would be TDM not LFR. It doesn't make sense at all.
    Its not about making sense, its about looking down on players that arent in a raiding guild, i thought that was clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    You say "A brand is judged by the products" and when I point to the fact that WoW has many other, BETTER, products, your response is... "Yeah... so?"

Really?

Wow, dude.
    My point was that I didn't say WoW didn't have other good products. That doesn't change the fact that I feel LFR is a shitty one. I didn't understand how what you said had to do with what I said.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by domie1595 View Post
    Its not about making sense, its about looking down on players that arent in a raiding guild, i thought that was clear.
    That's not it all. You don't have to be in a raiding guild to want to be a good player. I know plenty of good players who don't raid (many of them did at one point though).
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Please wait!!! *Runs to get popcorn* *Returns with popcorn* okay, you may continue. *Eats popcorn*

I'm going to make my reply as useful as the entire thread's existence. Here it is:

YAWN.

10+ Year Old Account

[/COLOR]That's not it all. You don't have to be in a raiding guild to want to be a good player. I know plenty of good players who don't raid (many of them did at one point though).
    Precisely, not everyone who doesnt raid with a guild is a derp, just 90% of those in the LFR. Seriously, have you even seen some of those people?
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Precisely, not everyone who doesnt raid with a guild is a derp, just 90% of those in the LFR. Seriously, have you even seen some of those people?
    Yes i have, but does it really surprise you? and as long as the LFR is as easy as it is (and should be), its not a problem, you can kill all 8 bosses without a wipe, so it doesnt really matter a few people are below the tank, if they are having fun, its fine with me. aslong as they dont talk shit about others at the same time, and think they know what is going on atleast.

---------- Post added 2012-01-10 at 02:28 AM ----------

My point was that I didn't say WoW didn't have other good products. That doesn't change the fact that I feel LFR is a shitty one. I didn't understand how what you said had to do with what I said.
    [/COLOR]That's not it all. You don't have to be in a raiding guild to want to be a good player. I know plenty of good players who don't raid (many of them did at one point though).
    I cant really see any idea with this thread other than looking down on some people :s

And his point is that a brand with so many good games as blizzard is, a minor part of its biggest commercial succes isnt going to ruin their reputation, and probaly not even touch it the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    you are literally the first person to say people in LFR are bad! congratulations!
    Your sig made me all depressed

Yes i have, but does it really surprise you? and as long as the LFR is as easy as it is (and should be), its not a problem, you can kill all 8 bosses without a wipe, so it doesnt really matter a few people are below the tank, if they are having fun, its fine with me. aslong as they dont talk shit about others at the same time, and think they know what is going on atleast.

---------- Post added 2012-01-10 at 02:28 AM ----------

I cant really see any idea with this thread other than looking down on some people :s

And his point is that a brand with so many good games as blizzard is, a minor part of its biggest commercial succes isnt going to ruin their reputation, and probaly not even touch it the least.
    I apologize if it came off that way, I really have no bad feelings towards the derps themselves, everybody deserves a chance at having fun. It's at the 99% inability to wipe despite the derps that bugs me. It doesn't teach anything, and with the LFR lockout not excluding normal/heroic people who shouldn't even be there (to learn the fight/mechanics) are forced to go anyway. LFR should be an exclusive lockout like normal/heroic so only people who should be there, are there. I think that will solve a lot of problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i have, but does it really surprise you? and as long as the LFR is as easy as it is (and should be), its not a problem, you can kill all 8 bosses without a wipe, so it doesnt really matter a few people are below the tank, if they are having fun, its fine with me. aslong as they dont talk shit about others at the same time, and think they know what is going on atleast.[COLOR="red"]
    Yeaaaaaaaaaah.. But they clearly don't know what they are doing. And going back to your 'its not a problem, you can kill all 8 bosses without a wipe, so it doesnt really matter a few people are below the tank' that is why it is called the derp machine, you don't have to try and you get fed loot, which is becoming a sick trend in WoW these days.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

I apologize if it came off that way, I really have no bad feelings towards the derps themselves, everybody deserves a chance at having fun. It's at the 99% inability to wipe despite the derps that bugs me. It doesn't teach anything, and with the LFR lockout not excluding normal/heroic people who shouldn't even be there (to learn the fight/mechanics) are forced to go anyway. LFR should be an exclusive lockout like normal/heroic so only people who should be there, are there. I think that will solve a lot of problems.
    No, don't say that. that kind of talk is what merged 10 and 25 mans, creating a need for LFR in the first place

10+ Year Old Account
    lfr should be an exclusive lockout like normal/heroic so only people who should be there, are there. I think that will solve a lot of problems.
    thissssssssssssssssssss
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    No, don't say that. that kind of talk is what merged 10 and 25 mans, creating a need for LFR in the first place
    How do you figure?

It doesn't teach anything
    Neither does FarmVille. Games don't NEED to teach you anything of note. You clearly enjoy games where you have to push the envelope of tactically pressing buttons. I used to, as well, to be quite honest. But nowadays I just want to be entertained. Nothing wrong with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Yeaaaaaaaaaah.. But they clearly don't know what they are doing. And going back to your 'its not a problem, you can kill all 8 bosses without a wipe, so it doesnt really matter a few people are below the tank' that is why it is called the derp machine, you don't have to try and you get fed loot, which is becoming a sick trend in WoW these days.
    Well, i saw no where in OP that his problem was about the loot, if hes point had been people got loot to easy, fine, i agree with that, but just saying its a place for "derps", i dont see the point of it, we all know it, we all think it, the thread is pointless

How do you figure?
    I enjoyed playing 10 then 25 mans, you cause them to make lfr a shared lockout and Lots of people are back to gouging their eyes out from boredom.

Deleted
    You dont get forced to go there, and if your guild does force you, you will probaly go a full guild run and clear it in 30-60 mins or something (i havnt taken time but i doubt it would be a lot more), its a place for people to have fun, getting loot is a part of that, and to follow the story line of the game, by seeing how DW is getting defeated, and for people to get used to the feel of raiding. no, they probaly wont learn the encounters, but neither will they from not raiding at all. but as said, they get to follow the story, and i think thats as big a part of it (for blizzard) as a being a place to learn is.