Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    my only annoyance with the LFR system is it is so easy to cheat the required 372 ilvl to get into it. Ive seen way to many people to count that are in greens in the raid and even one person that was completely naked bc he DE all his lvling gear but had the 377 crafted pvp gear in his bags. it needs to be changed actual gear being worn not just what is in your bags or bank. I think that would help solve some of the problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Looking For Retards (LFR)

I've seen, heard that going around quite a bit.

Just like Looking for Derps (LFD)
    ROFL!!! This is amazing. The new, improved LFR acronym.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post
    my only annoyance with the LFR system is it is so easy to cheat the required 372 ilvl to get into it. Ive seen way to many people to count that are in greens in the raid and even one person that was completely naked bc he DE all his lvling gear but had the 377 crafted pvp gear in his bags. it needs to be changed actual gear being worn not just what is in your bags or bank. I think that would help solve some of the problems.
    Not really, would just mean they would come in with that bad crafted gear and suck even more.

But i do agree that there is a problem, and its been there for a long time, and one of the problems with it is that pvp gear have better Ilevel to make it worth using, and still count as all the other gear in your log.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    I enjoyed playing 10 then 25 mans, you cause them to make lfr a shared lockout and Lots of people are back to gouging their eyes out from boredom.
    I still don't understand what you mean. Do you mean that if they are a shared lockout people won't do LFR?

edit: And yeah that's a big problem. Gear in your bag shouldn't count towards your item level for eligibility to enter LFR/LFD. And there shouldn't be any incentive to use PVP gear...yet there are due to their easy accessibility and high item levels.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

We all are derps for playing wow... unless you have a Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics that show otherwhise.... To do an heroic raid does not take the derp out of you....

(i dont have a Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics, just like most of this LFR critics have not downed DW at heroic mode yet)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Looking For Retards (LFR)

I've seen, heard that going around quite a bit.

Just like Looking for Derps (LFD)
    So, when someone who uses Looking For Retards and gets you in their raid group, is it mean that you are a retard? xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    LFR should be an exclusive lockout like normal/heroic so only people who should be there, are there. I think that will solve a lot of problems.
    That would NOT solve the problem as THAT is the solution to what many thought was the problem. In this case that would be the fact that there's "too little content" compared to WotLK where there were two separate non-shared lockouts to all raids.

This tool brings back both the separate lockout system for those who want to raid even more while also providing an avenue for raiding for those who are unwilling or unable to commit the time to an actual schedule. Its really a win-win situation. The ONLY flaw with the system is how loot distribution is handled.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The only thing wrong with LFR is that it makes its far to easy to get overpowered pve gear for pvp.

If you only pve and you are complaining about easy mode being to easy you have issues. Go play any other game on the easiest mode and see if you can stay awake while you beat it.

When I say shared lockout I mean shared loot lockout. I think people who have already done bosses in normal/Heroic should not be eligible for loot from those same bosses in LFR, but they should still be able to queue for LFR. Helps queue times some, lets people help friends, lets people test their dps (useful sometimes like Ultraxion), etc.

Also like, if somebody went with their guild run for the first half of bosses but missed out on the rest of the raid, they would still be eligible for loot off the remaining LFR versions of the bosses they didn't receive loot from in the main raid.

Ok this thread took a turn. That's ok.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    That would NOT solve the problem as THAT is the solution to what many thought was the problem. In this case that would be the fact that there's "too little content" compared to WotLK where there were two separate non-shared lockouts to all raids.
    I will take your word on that. Nobody I know thought the double lockout for Wrath raids was a good thing, it was mind numbing.

This tool brings back both the separate lockout system for those who want to raid even more while also providing an avenue for raiding for those who are unwilling or unable to commit the time to an actual schedule. Its really a win-win situation. The ONLY flaw with the system is how loot distribution is handled.
    See my post above. I still want people to be able to raid both normal/heroic and LFR, but have a shared loot lockout. Won't that make most people happy? If people want more content, they have the LFR, even though they won't be eliglble for loot if they already cleared normal/heroic.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

I think most people's discontent with LFR would be solved if you treated it as a lockout just like Heroic or regular, such that if you kill a boss on LFR for a week you can't kill it on Regular/Heroic. As it is the reason you have so many people who have done normal/heroic versions bitching is because they have to do LFR to stay current. If LFR locked out normal/heroic only alts that don't raid or people who play very casually would do LFR, which...isn't that the point? (serious question)
    Unfortunately this will never happen, but it would definitely solve the issues of people constantly afking or not trying in LFR, as well as a lot of the elitism that has come out of LFR, since these "elitists" pretty much won't ever set a foot in LFR if this happened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Unfortunately this will never happen, but it would definitely solve the issues of people constantly afking or not trying in LFR, as well as a lot of the elitism that has come out of LFR, since these "elitists" pretty much won't ever set a foot in LFR if this happened.
    I see very few elitists in lfr, tho i see a few baddies raging (its not the same thing), tho i think it will just cause the lfr to be worse, it will cause longer queues, and less people in there that actualy plays decently (since they will be in normal/hc DS).

Yeah...so?

edit: I think most people's discontent with LFR would be solved if you treated it as a lockout just like Heroic or regular, such that if you kill a boss on LFR for a week you can't kill it on Regular/Heroic. As it is the reason you have so many people who have done normal/heroic versions bitching is because they have to do LFR to stay current. If LFR locked out normal/heroic only alts that don't raid or people who play very casually would do LFR, which...isn't that the point? (serious question)

As it is it just burns people out by having to do this crap again, but this time it's in the derp machine.
    Nobody is FORCED to do LFR alongside normal raiding. Players CHOOSE to. Unless you're a bleeding edge progression guild, it's really not necessary.
    I think everyone can recall that last patch, all people did was whine about having to do ZA/ZG for their valor cap. So Blizzard give you an alternative for this, and even more whining commences. If you don't enjoy it, then don't do it.

Yeah, this isn't a bad idea. I haven't actually encountered/noticed it myself I don't think, but I'm sure a lot of people cheat the system like that.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

I love LFR, but it promotes some terrible behavior in some people that either can't be fixed(OMG I "lagged" so I didn't avoid x, y or z) or is going to be fixed(Need on all the things!). It's great for people like my GF who went from skipping the t11 and t12 raids to killing the end expansion boss because her work schedule doesn't allow her to raid. It's also terrible for her because of how people act. We had people ninja pulling, afking, needing on offspec gear(even when, upon inspection, that is in fact not their offset), etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    I'm starting to ponder what irritates me more, the 'oh so bad players' that frequent the LFR, or the supposedly 'good' players that feel the need to make these types of threads.

I really don't know anymore.
    Over the last week, I've come down firmly on the side of the latter for most annoying.

people ignore the mechanics just because they can and still down the boss. LFR is just a way to gear alts so people will just ignore mechanics and race through it for loot, they really don't care what a boss does until they get to normal/heroic modes.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Over the last week, I've come down firmly on the side of the latter for most annoying.
    Create a Poll with those options to find out

I came to a realization last week in LFR when people were failing on every mechanic and still beat the fight. Literally a raid full of derps except for a couple of smart players and you will succeed. And it's a machine, you cannot stop it.

The Derp Machine.
    Lowest
    Form of
    Raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Fun thing that most of these 'bad' players are very bad, they'll stand in all the negative mechanics, tunell the boss and still pull less dps than the tank.
    Fun thing is that you're exaggerating big time.

I came to a realization last week in LFR when people were failing on every mechanic and still beat the fight. Literally a raid full of derps except for a couple of smart players and you will succeed. And it's a machine, you cannot stop it.

The Derp Machine.
    One thing I love about LFR is how it made it oh so easy to identify the worst people in WoW community. I mean those who endlessly bitch about LFR of course.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

I use to would have agreed with that, but at the same time, I and a number of guildmates use that to get Alts into LFR ourselves. I just dinged a DK on Saturday and did enough dungeons and cheesing to get into LFR on Sunday with an equipped 361 score, even now I still have a Blue 333 weapon for my offhand. Orginally I was worried about being a slug in the group, but the great thing about LFR is there is always tons of better geared players that are far worse, so I got to feel like a super star instead
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-01-10 at 04:03 PM.