Hellew there o/

Ive got some money to spend and while atm I've got a fairly ok-ish rig atm (runs most games reasonably. 5770/Athlon II x4 2.9GHz/4Gb RAM) that I'm happy with, but I'd love to get more into some high end stuff where I can play around with some over-clocking etc.

Ill prolly be more interested in selling my old rig instead of using it for parts/upgrading what I have, But I probably will be using the sound card and one of the monitors (22").

The goal atm is to get another 'main' monitor (24"/27", any good bad opinions about bigger monitors while still being 1980x1080p?) and to run both of them. (Stuff like weather to get 2x GFX or 1 higher powered one etc is where I'm clueless)

I'd also love to include an SSD, (again, no exp in this area at all so advice is really appreciated!)

I am in a game dev course in college where things like model rendering will come into play and I also fiddle with things like video editing and rendering (along with the obvious gaming! WoW/BF3 etc) So I don't know about preferences like i5/i7 (atm I understand its mainly a single/multiple process preference)

The goal is to complete the build by around next summer so the main reason that I think I would need help is how things like the release of the ivy bridge etc are gonna effect things like the price of CPU's, and good times to actually build it (no fixed goal for the build but by the end of this summer would be nice)

The budget is around €2000 / $2500 (Including 24"/27" monitor. Don't need OS/Soundcard/Peripherals.) and I also live in Ireland so amazon is prolly a great reference point for those in the US =]

A lot of this build is more about learning about computer parts in different areas / using new technologies and the actual fun of building than maxxing out shit on games so yeah!

Thanks a mil for reading this far at least and cheers for any feedback =]

-Resi