Protection in 4.3 CTC Gearing, Gems, Enchants & Reforge

Hey guys, I just made a video for Protection in 4.3 it covers combat table coverage (CTC), Gearing, Gems, Enchants & Reforge. If your new to protection tanking go give it a look! Keep in mind this information is from personal experience and research, I just hope it helps someone out there.

Protection Paladin 4.3 - Combat Table Coverage

Deleted
    you could have explained why you want dodge and parry ratings to be as close to eachother as possible, when I Started out I found these things interesting.

Regardless, A+, loved the quick guide, it's defintely a video I'll redirect paladins that start tanking to. You pretty much cover all the basics, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by darknessice View Post
    you could have explained why you want dodge and parry ratings to be as close to eachother as possible, when I Started out I found these things interesting.
    He did actually state "You're going to want to balance out your dodge and parry so you do not to suffer from diminishing returns".

Very nice guide anyway .
    Last edited by Robertoz; 2012-01-10 at 10:22 AM.
    ~Trapsquare - Kilrogg EU - Level 90 Beast Mastery Hunter~

~10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash - Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.~

Quote Originally Posted by Robertoz View Post
    He did actually state "You're going to want to balance out your dodge and parry so you do not to suffer from diminishing returns".

Very nice guide anyway .
    Thanks for the replies guys looking back at the video I could have done a much better job of explaining diminishing returns. But, either way thanks for the insight.

Very nicely done. I'm linking to your video from my tank gear guide page at www.vexyrn.com.

Deleted
    Defiantly one of the best video's explaining the CTC cap. Will link this video to my paladins friends that are leveling thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -ex- View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys looking back at the video I could have done a much better job of explaining diminishing returns. But, either way thanks for the insight.
    It isn't just DR, it's that we simply gain around 200 more parry rating from raid buffs, so the unbuffed stats should have dodge around 200 rating higher than parry to account for this. Naturally it's easily solved by optimising your gear when you're buffed (keeping to reforge to equal dodge/parry ratings then), but a simple "balance because of DR" isn't enough.

Needless to say, fairly decent guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    It isn't just DR, it's that we simply gain around 200 more parry rating from raid buffs, so the unbuffed stats should have dodge around 200 rating higher than parry to account for this. Naturally it's easily solved by optimising your gear when you're buffed (keeping to reforge to equal dodge/parry ratings then), but a simple "balance because of DR" isn't enough.

Needless to say, fairly decent guide.
    The mod I use in the video balances dodge/parry around raid buffs, and it even balances around specific buffs to be selected.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even bother with manual calculations or adjustments anymore. I just use www.askmrrobot.com and do what I like
    "Let's eat Grandpa!"
    "Let's eat, Grandpa!
    PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES