Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Am I ready to heal DS normal 10 man?

This forum helped me out a bunch to get me through heroics lfd, thank you so much.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Ysosad/simple

I have had no luck with lfr drops in two weeks, I'm thinking of making the plunge into normal DS, prolly in a pug.

Should I get the JP tier pants? I'll lose haste but get spirit.

I am using vuhdo, I know the DS fights from my main dps toon 7/8, but am really nervous to join a DS pug as a healer.

Any thoughts you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Your gear is fine, however your optimization(for lack of better words?) is not. Read some of the guides.

Yes, but tbh, Get power torrent or heartsong on weapon, and personally I make it a habit not to use 40 spirit gems unless it's on a reforged piece with no spirit before reforging - use int/spi (and this is a priest who loves her regen). Also get int on wrists if you can afford it.

I'd honestly replace the PW:S Glyph if you are holy because you shouldn't really be using it much (except for body & soul,) and I'd grab the dispel glyph instead of inner fire.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i joined ds on my 376 priest.. was like pff, idc... healed 5/8. After that, we called it. And then my game time has expired

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Replace some of your haste to Mastery. You want to be at 12.5, in Haste for Holy. Holy Mastery is awesome, because it's a mana free heal, so get some points in it. Also get rid of your Spirit of Redemption talent point. Put it somewhere more useful. You don't need it, if you're raiding.
    Offtopic : great mogging on your shaman, Celticmoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Replace some of your haste to Mastery. You want to be at 12.5, in Haste for Holy. Holy Mastery is awesome, because it's a mana free heal, so get some points in it.
    Did something change since I stopped playing? Aren't Haste and Mastery still viable options, both of them?
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Did something change since I stopped playing? Aren't Haste and Mastery still viable options, both of them?
    They are, its just what u prefer ur self.
    One goes more haste other goes more mastery.

To me i go for more mastry and balance haste around the 12.5 but i dont use renew as much so that extra tick isnt worth going for.
    Seing its a PoH/CoH/Sanc heavy raid. Also Mastery is what u have alot of in my (main) Disc set, so those peices of crit gets replaced with haste for my holy spec.

Perhaps 25man prefer more haste, but 10mans i dont feel the need to hit 12.5 at the cost of mastery.
    Than again its my secondairy spec so its not optimal geared (yet).

As some others have mentioned, your gear optimization is a bit off. Gemming: red sockets should always be filled with Brilliant Inferno Rubies, blue sockets with Purified Demonseyes, and yellow sockets with either Reckless or Artful Ember Topaz depending on if you want haste or mastery. These should be your only choices. If they are cheap on your server, a DMC: Tsunami is going to be better for you than your alchemist stone as holy. Bracer enchant should always be intellect, and get your shoulders enchanted. Doing the starting quests for Therazane in Deepholm gets you the blue quality enchant alone, and as soon as you are friendly you can get their tabard. It doesn't take many dungeon runs to get exalted with them. Make it a priority.

I wouldn't waste VP on the legs, since you will hopefully be going for tier. You have your boots and cloak already. I would look at either ring, wand or wrists next. They will be a big upgrade, and not likely replaced quickly.

If you are comfortable with healing on your priest, your gear is fine for DS 10 normal. Run a log if you do get into a pug. That will help you (and us) to see if you are on track with your healing percentages, etc. Best of luck!

Edit: You were asking about JP legs, not VP. I would get them, as long as you are above 12.5% haste for the extra tic on renew, losing a little haste will be fine. The spirit you gain will also help if you end up replacing all those purified demonseyes you have in red sockets.
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2012-01-10 at 07:04 PM.