Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    There are people who are perfectly fine at the class in the groups they raid with who find it hard/annoying to time procs/on use abilities. Having a raical that you always have to mess with could just not be worth it to some people. It doesn't make them back or an extreme case.
    Well maybe extreme was a bit of an exageration, but even if for some classes "not liking/finding annoying" timing procs/buffs is ok, and the people who feel that way play them to an acceptable level, surely that is not the case for a shadowpriest.. they should choose another class. And its not like beserking is something you use every 30s, I seem to remember it having a rather long cd, was it three minutes?

Yes it's three minutes... For being in a high end progression focused guild, yes a persona absolutely needs to be able to time CD's and make the best of procs, but most guilds are not really pushing content and are more relaxed, so not making the most of all of those is not such a bad thing.

Plus it can be confusing with the troll racial in particular. Some people say using every time it is up will yield the most over an entire fight is best, while other say that you should try to line it up with as many other procs as you can, even though that can lead to less uses of it. So I can totally see some spriests going with Goblin for simplicity, especially because the difference between the two is actually fairly small.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deschim View Post
    Looks can be very important factor to... if you like the looks its easier to feel one with your char :P
    One of the reasons I play Forsaken. Used to be male but went female just because omni-cast animation isn't retarded as male's one (looks like you broke your back).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was male undead...now female Belf. Primary reason being that T6 looks like shit on male UD and looks badass w/ female Belf. And DTR. :P
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a draenei princess, tyvm.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Favourite? Human Female.

1st place as far as min-maxing goes? Troll >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else. A baby dies every time someone states something as stupid as Goblin being better than Troll.
    The passive stat gain and/or mobility CDs of Goblin/Worgen and Draenei/Human are pretty close to eachother, but not even worth comparing to Berserking (and 5% more dmg to Beasts and minor hp regen to add on the cake). All other Racers gives absolutely nothing for PvE.

This does ofc assume that you know how to make the most out of, and abuse Berserking when you can.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Goblin racial is actually close to troll's one, though not quite as good so long as you are capable of lining it up with mechanics and/or procs and/or cds. And if you want to go alliance, gogo spacegoat. Hit is meaty, heal is not useless and looks are great. :3

Deleted
    My dream is to be a Troll male

Deleted
    If you're wanting to completely min/max then worgen actually comes out top, ahead of goblin and troll.

Ignoring sprint vs rocket jump since it's hard to put a value on that.

If you give crit the pp value of 0.5 (which is a very rough average of where it will be)
    and haste 0.55.

then 1% crit = 179rating = 89.5PP

1% haste = 128rating = 70.4PP

Even if you lower crit to 0.5 then it still have a PP value of 80.

Quite simply 1% crit is worth more than 1% haste. Haste is a better stat to gear for because you need less rating for 1%.

EDIT: Be a gnome. (I wish I was a female troll :<)

If your ally my vote is Draenei, Worgen crit is slightly better but they are just so hideously ugly especially with a cloth helm on.

Tauren is just too fun. Your hamburger skin has more armor value than the cloth.
    Warstomp is great for keepign a tank alive, nothing like a couple seconds to cast freely.

After 6 years of looking at the spirit healers in BG's its so fun to cast like one.
    Alliance, NE priest now. Stealth is fun. Dwarf was the best and still fun, just not much point anymore.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    If you're wanting to completely min/max then worgen actually comes out top, ahead of goblin and troll.

Ignoring sprint vs rocket jump since it's hard to put a value on that.

If you give crit the pp value of 0.5 (which is a very rough average of where it will be)
    and haste 0.55.

then 1% crit = 179rating = 89.5PP

1% haste = 128rating = 70.4PP

Even if you lower crit to 0.5 then it still have a PP value of 80.

Quite simply 1% crit is worth more than 1% haste. Haste is a better stat to gear for because you need less rating for 1%.

Ok, ok - it's an old thread but I thought about this topic today and it's not that simple like written here or at least not anymore.

Shadows in endgame often play with DI & 3202 Haste for IDP and for them +1% Goblin haste are worth ~160 rating because of multiplicative stacking.
    ( 1,5 / (1,05 * 1,03 * 1,03 * (1,5 / ((1 + (3202 / 12805)) * 1,05 * 1,03 * 1,03 * 1,01 ))) -1) * 12805 - 3202 = 160,07

With the higher pp value: 1% haste > 1 % crit

Quote Originally Posted by Blatz View Post
    For Min/Max would have to be Goblin, but by far for me for Animations would be Female Undead.
    This, by far.
    Happy to see the new UD racial, so I don't have to go Goblin ever again.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    My first priest was UD but I really hated that all new clothes were ruined in the first sec.... :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nianif View Post
    Ok, ok - it's an old thread but I thought about this topic today and it's not that simple like written here or at least not anymore.

Shadows in endgame often play with DI & 3202 Haste for IDP and for them +1% Goblin haste are worth ~160 rating because of multiplicative stacking.
    ( 1,5 / (1,05 * 1,03 * 1,03 * (1,5 / ((1 + (3202 / 12805)) * 1,05 * 1,03 * 1,03 * 1,01 ))) -1) * 12805 - 3202 = 160,07

With the higher pp value: 1% haste > 1 % crit
    Even though that's an old quote I was actually unaware that the 1% haste from goblins multiplied with other haste. I was under the impression it's simply +1% haste to whatever you had. That probably stems from the fact I don't play horde so I'm simply looking at the armoury where there are no buffs.

Worgen was my favorite for racials because of the utility of Darkflight. Priests are kind of hurting in the speed boost department and it's a Godsend in mobile fights. (Yeah I know we get Inner Will, but it blows and you sacrifice spellpower which makes it a not fun choice to make in the middle of a mobile raid battle.)
    Also Shadowform + Running wild looks like a running monster and freaks people out in PvP. Especially since Worgen Priests in general are rare.

I race changed mine to Draenei in the end though because after transmog came out, I realized just how bad Worgen females look with dresses on.

Even though that's an old quote I was actually unaware that the 1% haste from goblins multiplied with other haste. I was under the impression it's simply +1% haste to whatever you had. That probably stems from the fact I don't play horde so I'm simply looking at the armoury where there are no buffs.
    Goblin racial, Berserking, Hero/BL, trinket procs. Haste is always multiplied
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd reserve judgement until the expansion, but so far undead seems better than everything by far with their new racial.

A shadow priest is not a good priest without good hair, Blood Elf.