Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Deleted
    Hmmm... Need more evidence >;3

Deleted
    Dident they mention this months or even years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    Bashiok, one of the lead community managers, isn't evidence enough?

That said, this is evidence that they are working on it, NOT proof that it will definitely happen. At this moment in time the plan is to bring D3 to consoles. There is nothing to say that the plan cannot change. Don't get too attached to the idea of D3 coming to consoles, because it may get scrapped. See: Starcraft Ghost.

But yeah, it's definite, 100% proof that they are working on it right now. You really do not need any more evidence than Bashiok's word.

As for my opinion on the matter? Sounds pretty cool. I'll still get it on PC obviously, but hey: if Blizzard can break into the console market, then I cannot complain. D3 should work pretty well on console too: I remember playing Baldur's Gate on the PS2. Fun times were had.

I also trust Blizzard won't 'dumb down' the PC version because of the console version. So yeah. This is all gravy to me.

This was announced forever and eternity ago. This tweet may be new but it's literally nothing they haven't already said. Here we go, I even brought the sauce
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/21/bl...trol%E2%80%9D/
    Last edited by Sgtsparkles; 2012-01-10 at 01:28 PM.
    1% of the Heroes control 100% of the winrates
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet

10+ Year Old Account
    SC1 N64 anyone?

Deleted
    As long as they don´t spend more time making the console version good and fixate on the PC version, I don´t care

Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    As long as they don´t spend more time making the console version good and fixate on the PC version, I don´t care
    And those of us who have been burned repeated by the "Also on console" game by design concessions made around making the game function for a half retarded console audience know it won't end as well as it could have as PC exclusive.

It seems like the console version will take a lot longer to come out than the PC version (which is already taking a long time itself), and will likely be pretty scaled back (current consoles are really ancient), so I'm not really sure if it'll do all that well. It might do OK, but I don't know if it'll do well enough to justify the extra design time and cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    SC1 N64 anyone?
    I try to forget... :P

Also there was Warcraft 2 and the first Diablo on the origional Playstation.

And not forgetting the cancelled Starcraft Ghost.

To be honest Blizzard should keep away from the console market, it just seems like selling out on the PC market to me. but, move with the times I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    http://www.diablofans.com/news/1047-...iablo-3-comic/ as posted on the front page. Don't think MMO and d3 fans would post it if it was not true.

AFAIK, blizzard also had a job opening posted for just this a few months ago.

/edit

Here ya go;

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...tml?id=11000CQ
    Last edited by Amorac; 2012-01-10 at 09:02 PM.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

just like starcraft ghost came to be? blizz has a habbit of cancelling projects that just dont cut it nowdays

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    "Yup" wasn't meant to be an announcement. We're still exploring a console version, but more importantly working on the PC/Mac version.
    I guess that was far from a comfirmation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayaluen View Post
    And those of us who have been burned repeated by the "Also on console" game by design concessions made around making the game function for a half retarded console audience know it won't end as well as it could have as PC exclusive.
    Is their ANY evidence that the PC version of D3 has had any concessions made to it's design due to the fact that a console port is being made? This knee-jerk reaction would be perhaps be appropriate if the Diablo games were known for their complexity-which they are not.

So they have a design team, this doesnt prove 100% that its coming to console as you can see he never said yes. he just said that there is a design team looking into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Dident they mention this months or even years ago?
    they did
    also they wont release it if it doesnt feel right on the console

why ppl want a diablo title on a console anyway? its one of the pc exclusive GOOD series nowadays...............

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Is their ANY evidence that the PC version of D3 has had any concessions made to it's design due to the fact that a console port is being made? This knee-jerk reaction would be perhaps be appropriate if the Diablo games were known for their complexity-which they are not.
    Blizzard has said some time ago that if they make a console version, it will not be a simple port. The PC version will not suffer from console restrictions.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awakar View Post
    It seems like the console version will take a lot longer to come out than the PC version (which is already taking a long time itself), and will likely be pretty scaled back (current consoles are really ancient), so I'm not really sure if it'll do all that well. It might do OK, but I don't know if it'll do well enough to justify the extra design time and cost.
    Blizzard knows what quality is, and I reckon they won't settle for half-measures even when porting to different platforms. But PC is the main platform since a long time back in development, so there's no fear to be had about D3 suffering because of this.
    Heck, I even have doubts that they will go through with the console version, because in all honest there seems to be no demand for one. The market and the fans are on the PC.

Deleted
    I think "coming soon" may be stretching the word "soon" even for Blizzards standards on this one

Deleted
    Great news.

Now I just hope that for next gen Microsoft and Sony will allow for games to use mouse and keyboard (developer decision, obviously all FPS games won't use them) and MMOs on consoles. Like a dream comming true.