Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinia View Post
    Because depending on what class you play, your essential plug-ins may not be updated after a patch for anywhere between 3-6 weeks. The main addon is updated, but without the associated crutches, you are effectively crippled. This is mostly due to the fact that the then-very-active Grid community wrote these plug-ins to build on an already excellent addon. However, these excellent features are both its salvation and downfall.

On the other hand, VuhDo, while far from flawless, doesn't require multiple updates per patch to keep it afloat. The author is quite active and it's updated on the PTR after every major patch to render it fully functional when the patch does go live. The options interface does look like it was manufactured by Fisher-Price, but that's about the only deterrent. Setting it up can be a daunting task, but the same is true for Grid and it's family of Plug-ins and a lot of other addons like Power Auras, Weak Auras, Raven etc etc. You don't need Clique with VuhDo, it has it built in. You don't need extra addons, because pretty much everything is built in, ranging from Weakened Soul/PW:S notification to HoT timers to Swiftmendable targets.
    Could things get better with VuhDo? Yes. HoT icon/timer positioning could be a little more flexible, but that's what suggestion forums are for.

At the end of the day, I've chosen VuhDo. After using Grid all the way through ToC, I decided to swap when ICC broke it for a while and I don't ever plan on going back. I'd recommend the same to everyone.
    You have a point there but all I really need is the raid debuff plugin, I don't use anything else. So I think I'll stick to grid for now.

Find it kind of funny that all of the complaints about grid are just comments from
    People who never put in effort to customize it further from old addons that are no longer functional. On my priest I use side icons to display weakened soul and shield with timers on both. Then the icon at the bottom of the window I have showing my PoM. On my shaman left and right icons are earth shield and riptide with timers on both and a chainhealtarget icon at the bottom to optimize how many jumps my chain heal will have.

Grid is only as good as you make it. Mine looks amazing and with mouse over macros which people should really be using anyways, it's awesome to use. By the way, for those who don't do it and say it promotes keyboard turning... That's your reaction speed being slow. Move your raid frames towards the center of your screen, like off to the left of your character. That way your mouse barely has to travel to turn. And get used to moving with autorun most of the time and it will alleviate that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by construkt View Post
    Find it kind of funny that all of the complaints about grid are just comments from
    People who never put in effort to customize it further from old addons that are no longer functional. On my priest I use side icons to display weakened soul and shield with timers on both. Then the icon at the bottom of the window I have showing my PoM. On my shaman left and right icons are earth shield and riptide with timers on both and a chainhealtarget icon at the bottom to optimize how many jumps my chain heal will have.

Grid is only as good as you make it. Mine looks amazing and with mouse over macros which people should really be using anyways, it's awesome to use. By the way, for those who don't do it and say it promotes keyboard turning... That's your reaction speed being slow. Move your raid frames towards the center of your screen, like off to the left of your character. That way your mouse barely has to travel to turn. And get used to moving with autorun most of the time and it will alleviate that issue.
    the same could be said for any healing addon esp HB. most people that talk shit about it dont know how to use it properly. its just what you are comfortable with. i prefer hb.