Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vale of Eternal Blossoms - Zone Preview

Vale of Eternal Blossoms

Vale of Eternal Blossoms is a new zone introduced in Mists of Pandaria.

The ancient seat of the pandaren empire has been hidden for generations, shrouded in mists and walled-off by impassible mountains. The waters of the Vale are believed to have mystical powers... which has attracted the attention of ancient enemies as well as power-hungry factions within the Alliance and Horde. What secrets lie buried below this mystical font of power?

What level is this zone?

I cannot wait to explore this zone, excited about the main city.

No one really knows yet, it was just on the map they showed at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoa View Post
    What level is this zone?
    From the sound of the description and the layout the map it looks like this maybe the final level 89-90 zone
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoa View Post
    What level is this zone?
    It seems like it's a max level zone, not for leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The waters of the Vale are believed to have mystical powers... which has attracted the attention of ancient enemies as well as power-hungry factions within the Alliance and Horde. What secrets lie buried below this mystical font of power?
    I smell Reliquary questlines. The prospect of continued blood elf presence and progression of the Reliquary's lore in the game pleases me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I smell Reliquary questlines. The prospect of continued blood elf presence and progression of the Reliquary's lore in the game pleases me.
    Oh god. That just gave me a horrible, horrible thought that this zone is going to be filled with Harrison Jones.

10+ Year Old Account
    The name sounds awesom.

Deleted
    6 boss raid??? seems rather lazy of blizz, making the raids smaller over time... bring back big raids like ulduar and ICC please!!!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLora View Post
    6 boss raid??? seems rather lazy of blizz, making the raids smaller over time... bring back big raids like ulduar and ICC please!!!
    Entry raids are usually not that big (Aside from Naxx). And neither Uld or ICC were entry raids. Oh and the raid itself can still be gigantic, despite the low boss count.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Entry raids are usually not that big (Aside from Naxx). And neither Uld or ICC were entry raids. Oh and the raid itself can still be gigantic, despite the low boss count.
    Entry raid is no excuse to make a small raid. But I am looking forward to seeing this new place and I can probably assume I'll like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post

+1 for Suzumiya Haruhi picture.

Quote Originally Posted by pvpKILLSwow View Post
    Entry raid is no excuse to make a small raid. But I am looking forward to seeing this new place and I can probably assume I'll like it!
    Original Onyxia's Lair was an entry raid, if i remember correctly. And as far as I remember it had a total of one (1) boss. So that's a growth of x6.

EDIT: I apparently can't multiply 1 into 6. XD

Quote Originally Posted by pvpKILLSwow View Post
    There are usually entry raidS, and it's the same for mop, there will be 3 raids, this is one of them. Most likely we will get around 12 bosses total from the 3 raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    There are usually entry raidS, and it's the same for mop, there will be 3 raids, this is one of them. Most likely we will get around 12 bosses total from the 3 raids.
    I actually kinda prefer that. Added some variation so you're not in a place with one aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralli View Post
    Oh god. That just gave me a horrible, horrible thought that this zone is going to be filled with Harrison Jones.
    Oh, please, please, no.

That said: that image is kind of...golden. And bloomy, and I don't mean the flowering trees. But it reminds me a bit of a less-contrived version of Eversong, if that makes sense.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludstorm View Post
    From the sound of the description and the layout the map it looks like this maybe the final level 89-90 zone
    Sounds likely. Also Blizzard said there will be a lot of underground content here, so the scale is deceiving.

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Astralli View Post
    I looked and suddenly realized magical water sounds an awful lot like holy grail from Last Crusade.

Blizzard when will you learn we dislike the gigantic pop culture ripoff zones!?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Judging from what little info we have about the zone, I don't think that it's going to be a joke/pop culture one like Uldum is.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I looked and suddenly realized magical water sounds an awful lot like holy grail from Last Crusade.

Blizzard when will you learn we dislike the gigantic pop culture ripoff zones!?
    This is by no means an uncommon concept.
    Saying it's stolen from Indiana Jones is like saying the films also invented Nazis.
    Or that they invented the Holy Grail.