Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Other way around: Americans are lazy, we English use the more complicated spelling.
    And pronunciation :P I was quite confused the first time I heard lieutenant pronounced properly. (Was only ever really exposed to American movies and series as a child)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GallowsZA View Post
    And pronunciation :P I was quite confused the first time I heard lieutenant pronounced properly. (Was only ever really exposed to American movies and series as a child)
    But on the plus side, whenever anyone says it right, it fills me with a warm, fuzzy feeling. David Tennant did it once and I was happy for three full days.

As in...? "Leftenant" I’m English born and bred, even i get confused with the spelling of both countries sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    As in...? "Leftenant" I’m English born and bred, even i get confused with the spelling of both countries sometimes.
    Thats right :P My schooling was based on an American system, where we were taught that there are alternate and British spellings

Now I'm moving to Northern Ireland in September and I have to double check everything I send to make sure I don't make a fool of myself once I'm there xD (I think we've derailed the thread :/)

OT: Dark Side is awesome xD

Forgot:

Dark VI - Cookies

Deleted
    Physically, the darkside gain more, things like the glowing eyes & paler skin are all nice looking, and create that "evil" effect.
    The lightside actually gain more weaponary through their alignment, they get lightsabers & various other items which the 'darks' do not.
    Its a win, win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapienta View Post
    Physically, the darkside gain more, things like the glowing eyes & paler skin are all nice looking, and create that "evil" effect.
    The lightside actually gain more weaponary through their alignment, they get lightsabers & various other items which the 'darks' do not.
    Its a win, win situation.
    Darkside has equal amounts of weaponry. There is no gear advantage to one side or the other, only cosmetic differences. There are Darkside required sabers just as there are Lightside sabers.

The trouble is some choices in the game are just so wrong it really makes it a joke. I have skipped quests when I found the end choice just back asswards or worse. I know what evil is and what good is, but damn this game looks like it was written by a bunch of, well I won't post it.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Darkside

Rank I - Yellow Eyes
    Rank II - Dark Veins around Eyes and Mouth
    Rank III - The Destructive Title Source
    Rank IV - Red Eyes
    Rank V - The Loathsome Title Source

Added benefit of walking into a room and people going "THE SITH!?! O_O Shit just got real!"

I'm sure the goody goodies get something as well.
    In addition to altering your eye color, darkside affects your skin color as well. At DarkIV my dark skinned Operative turned albino white. Never noticed Eye changes because I chose cyborg with the red eye implants (that look like sunglasses).

I never understood the, apparent, purposeful mispronunciation of British English from the phonetic spelling - Leftenant in this case. I mean, if you're gonna go that far off the rails, why not pronounce it "Bob"?

After I got my very red Sith to DS V and came away looking quite human in hue, I got curious. I made a human with the lightest skin tone and white hair... she's only DS 1, but I'm working on getting her down - just to see.

And remember, Light and Dark are not synonymous with Good and Evil, but Peace (or Reason, if that's easier to understand) and Passion. I'm actually surprised by how few times the option even appears - there are many times the action I choose is quite passionate, or reasoned, but there are no corresponding points associated with it.

Deleted
    wish there was a sort-of neutral side o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    wish there was a sort-of neutral side o_o
    I really wish BW had paid more attention to neutral classes like BH, Smuggler and maybe IA (havent played IA). Dark, or Light, really does nothing for these classes story-wise.
    I'm still thinking about it...

I really hope they put in an option to disable the veins... I spent a lot of time on my sorcerer's face and don't want it ruined! Also need to add a take off hood option. The gear rewards from Darkside III and higher are really nice and I don't particularly want to miss out on them, but i also don't want my character to look like garbage

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I really hope they put in an option to disable the veins... I spent a lot of time on my sorcerer's face and don't want it ruined! Also need to add a take off hood option. The gear rewards from Darkside III and higher are really nice and I don't particularly want to miss out on them, but i also don't want my character to look like garbage
    There is already an option to hide sith corruption.

I love how people on this forum take a thread about LS or DS as a matter of opinion and turn it into "HAHA AMERIKA SUX US EROPEANS R BETTA".

There was like 5-6 of you and you all said pretty much the same thing, and you even acted like you were saying something original.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I love how people on this forum take a thread about LS or DS as a matter of opinion and turn it into "HAHA AMERIKA SUX US EROPEANS R BETTA".

There was like 5-6 of you and you all said pretty much the same thing, and you even acted like you were saying something original.
    No one said anything about America sucking... In fact the only thing said was someone joking about us being lazy and spelling something differently. Quit complaining and trying to start shit.

It's not that indiferent as it seems, im having trouble getting Relics at lvl 50 that dont require Dark/Light sode lvl 5. At least from vendors.

I just answered the quests as i felt atm and now im seing i should have gone full dark side regardless.

It looks like neutral characters are getting gear patched in later:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/01/11/sw...utral-players/
    I'm still thinking about it...

Deleted
    You are correct :P another of my favourites from her is "Such a quiet thing to fall, but far more devastating is admitting it."
    KoTOR II had the better story by miles; if Lucas Arts hadn't rushed Obsidian it would have literally been the best star wars game ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Preferences > Social > Show Corruption.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.