Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does everybody play a shadow priest?!

Ok, this is a QQ venitng thread. no lies. SO here goes....

Back in TBC I decided to swap from a hunter to my priest cos I enojyed it more. Also back then they did aweful DPS but supplied amazing buffs for every caster. Needless to say everyone wanted to be in a group with one but no one wanted to play one. Thankfully because of this I managed to get into a fantastic raid group and enjoyed all of TBC content.

Now when WotLK hit Blizz had the fanstastic, bring the player not the class, idea. So all my raid buffs were taken away and I was made to be just another mundane caster. However the years went by and we got buffed and now in Cata we do descent competetive DPS.

However now I'm stook with the complete oposite problem i had in TBC. I'm a skilled player with a well geared charecter however I can't find a group anywhere cos' no one is looking for a SP cos they already have one. Seriously, look in the EU guild recrutment forum on here and try and find a 10man guild looking for a SP, cos i've been looking for the past few days to no avail.

Thanks for reading my mini rant..

Mooni

You might wanna post that here instead

ok. sorry bout that..

Deleted
    inb4 special snowflakes

Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-01-09 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, do not play a SP.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude everybody plays one. Hell I've got two.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    Dude everybody plays one. Hell I've got two.
    You only have two? Slacker

And yea... this happens whenever a class/spec gets buff'ed to increase it's viability. Not to mention... in 10 mans raid buffs are at a premium, so any progression focused group won't want to take more than one of the same spec/class if they can help it.

I don't see particularly more shadow priests than other specs on my realm.

I have a shadow priest alt, and I was one of five in an LFR run a week or two ago, but I haven't noticed some kind of massive, generalized overload of shadow priests everywhere. My guild used to have two, but they're both gone.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    my priest is Atonement/Disc, don't like shadow. That said there's only one other priest in my entire guild that isn't shadow (and that one belongs to the guildmistress, who's main is Shadow) so, they are pretty common in my experience...
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    You only have two? Slacker
    Beat me to it LOL
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I play a SP as my main. I've been doing that since LK. I like to think I'm important, but I know I'm not "everybody". lol
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

My apologies for posting it in the wrong place.

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna carry on looking but I doubt I'll get far.

Mooni

I think shadowpriests are very popular right now in wow, but I don't know if there is a correlation betwene popularity and the number of people playing the class.

In my own experiences running LFR, I see a lot of DKs for some reason. I have always suspected it is because it is the one class that doesn't require you to level all the way.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't. Does that answer your question?

If you're wondering if Shadow Priests are popular, then, yeah, they are.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    A lot of people play shadow priests, both because they are really good (dps wise) and been so the last 3 tiers but also because they have a quite unique playstyle and aren't very hard to play (we got a friendly community too). And I see a lot of people rerolling from healer to shadow or from main to shadow priest alt because they enjoy it.

And shadow priests aren't extremely useful in 10man, hence not everyone recruits them, and you definitely dont want more than 1.

Deleted
    Shadow priests bring very little in terms of raid buffs to a 10man raid. If you're trying to optimise your setup chances are a different class / spec would bring more.

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account
    I am FOTM reroller, deal with it.