10+ Year Old Account

Bio - Tovarish Earthfang

Name: Tovarish Earthfang
    Age: (Ages 1-62 Human, 62-Present (78) After Worgen Curse)
    Race: Worgen
    Class: Druid

Languages: Common, Darnassian, Thalassian

Faction: Neutral with minor connection to Alliance (ie: Welcomed by the Alliance, but spends most of life completing personal quests/goals rather than that of the Alliance).

Personality: Stoic, quiet, and withdrawn. Tovarish has always had the life of a hermit, and chooses to continue life that way. He is an observer, one who keeps a watchful eye on those around him, and assimilates the information in his own head, without need for sharing ideas. He is not necessarily anti-social, however, and knows how to enjoy the company of others when the time is right. An intellectual since birth, Tovarish has personal pride in his own endeavors of the world, but is modest in his affirmation of them. While wise, Tovarish sometimes finds himself questioning his work and his lifestyle. He lives in fear of himself as he sees himself as not being a part of the world around him. His own conscience questions itself without provocation, and his mind is tormented because of it.

Likes/Dislikes: Waking up in the cold ridges of Northrend, sipping on Honeymint tea, just as the sun crests over the mountains of Storm Peaks, is Tovarish's favorite feeling. He prefers hard liqueur over ale. He can be found most often enjoying being lost in his studies. He likes the company of other intellectuals like himself, and keeps his favorite conversations of his past close to his heart.

He cannot stand to be surrounded by stupidity, or actions thereof. Typical heat of southern Kalimdor makes his skin dusty, and he hates it. He dislikes violence on all counts, but will defend himself when necessary. The wars of the Alliance and Horde do not interest him, as he finds blood spilled for power and gain is blood spilled for nothing.

Appearance: Tovarish is known to travel wearing very little. He prefers his favorite robe; tan in color, riding from shoulder to toe. It is thick, but light, and somewhat ragged from his uncontrolled transformations into his Worgen form. Upon his shoulders sits a set of wooden pualdrons crafted from the finest trees in Ashenvale. The tips of the pads crest just above his head, and come down at a curved angle, meeting in the middle and clutching the robe. There is a small green gem encrusted where the shoulder pads meet in the center. Some say Tovarish stores his druidic powers in the stone, so that he does not misuse them, however, this is likely a myth. The wood is carved so that a crescent moon shape is present, though it is stretched along the shape of the wood itself, and much less so resembles a real moon. He wears simple cloth and leather shoes.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Tovarish finds strength in learning. He is a very powerful druid, but quells his power, for he chooses to keep it to himself. He does not believe that using his power for good or evil will help or hinder him; he simply chooses to have it for himself. Unlike many other druids, Tovarish chooses to ignore the common practices of shapeshifting into Cat, Bear, Tree, or Moonkin. Rather, he chooses his Worgen form in combat, and controls both the forces of healing and balance from it. This decision can often be viewed as both a strength and a weakness, as his prowess does not excel in either field, but is balanced between the two. Tovarish's biggest weakness is himself, and the hindrances he opposes on himself that keep him from attaining much higher aspirations.

History:

Born a Gilnean, Tovarish was orginally named Thomas Ludwick Jameson. When Thomas was just three years old, his parents were killed while traveling through the areas adjacent to silverpine. They were looking for fine herbs that they may create potions from to sell at their shop in the city. It was never revealed how they were killed, but their bodies were found mutilated very badly.

Thomas was then given over to his grandfather, Luton. Luton was a shut-in, who spent most of his time in his study. Many in the city knew of him, but dismissed his existence as being a lonely old man. However, Luton contained a deep secret within his study. You see, for hundreds of years, the word of Nature had been passed down through generations to Luton and his family. Many years before Thomas came into being, word of The Holy Light was spread through Gilnean culture, and most of its citizens eventually converted to the Light. This belief system gradually became the dominant one in Gilnean culture, and other forms of worship, including that of Nature, were diminished. Yet, locked away in the home of one fated old man, Luton, existed the knowledge of from the harvest-which Celestine, and all she had taught his ancestors. While Nature was practiced in varying degrees when there was a larger harvest-witch presence in Gilnean culture, more specifically the agrarian areas, there were few notably powerful human worshipers. Yet, one who did exist, began a long line of keeping the word of Nature alive within Gilneas.

So, when Luton was given charge of raising Thomas, he knew no other way to do so other than to impart the wisdom of druidism on to his grandson, and keep the long heritage alive. As time passed, and Thomas got older, he quickly grew into a man sharing many of the same qualities as his grandfather. Luton became a proud old man in his final years, able to take heart that he had indeed succeeded in teaching his grandson the ways of Nature, and his family heritage. Thomas was now well educated in the Elven dialects Darnassian, and Thelassian, and was able to study any druidic text he could get his hands on. However, the true power of becoming a full-fledged druid had not yet entered Thomas' life. At age 84, Luton died of old age, and Thomas was left to fend for himself. He chose to continue his life of secrecy and seclusion, as it was the only life he'd ever known.

One fated day, however, at age 62, Thomas sat in his study, quietly reading to himself from an ancient text given to him by his grandfather. He had read the book many times, but enjoyed rereading it over and over. Thomas was not one to worry himself with the concerns of the world around him, and was unaware of the happenings not too long ago, of Arugal at Shadowfang Keep. The curse of the Worgen had been spreading rampantly through Silverpine, and would soon creep over the walls of Gilneas.

That time had come, and the curse spread through Gilneas rather quickly. Thomas, not sure of the chaos around him, did all he could to protect himself within his small home. Days had passed, and chaos was beginning to ensue around him. Thomas was one of the first few to be tainted by the curse. Something stayed with him though that did not stick with the others who'd been cursed. He somehow retained his knowledge and was able to control his mind in his Worgen form. This was not total control, mind you, no, he still was afflicted like the others, and still had uncontrollable rage burning inside him.But it was a feeling, an inkling in his mind, most likely stemming from his studies in Nature, that kept him from ravenously killing those around him. After the first night, Thomas knew what he had to do. It would be many months before anyone would find a working "antidote," ie: the one that allowed many of his kin to join the alliance. Every night, Thomas would chain himself to a wall before sundown, and when turned Worgen, would rage, trying to break free of his bonds. Months passed as he awaited the antidote. He continued his studies in tranquility, and over time taught himself through the forces of Nature to control himself. He still had to bond his arms, as his mental control was yet not powerful enough to quench his thirst for blood. Eventually, the antidote arose, and Thomas submitted himself to the alliance along with many of his brethren.

The knowledge of Druidism which Thomas already had obtained, combined with the sudden new ability to shapeshift into a Worgen form, only furthered the intertwinement of his past and future, and his abilities to come thereof.

Soon however, Thomas chose his own path. He knew there was more for him then fighting the meaningless, silly wars of the Alliance and Horde, and with news of Deathwing afoot, and the cataclysm having ravaged the land, Thomas chose a different path. He moved to the hills of the Borean Tundra. There, he made shelter and lived continuing his studies. Adopting a new name, Tovarish, as to fit his new location, and Earthfang, to represent his heritage and newfound race, he traded locally with the Taunka druids, and found friendships within their tribe. He still lived alone, and often spent his time alone, simply working, thinking, enjoying the nature of the land that had not been tormented by Deathwing's campaign.

This is how Tovarish lives now. He finds happiness in the little things, and occasionally travels back to the other continents in search of something, though he doesn't know what. He trains in the ways of Balance and healing. Choosing his Worgen form to cast spells from, he practices the ways of Nature for defensive and intellectual purposes. Most who find him enjoyable, wish he was not so closed off to the world, but alas, it is the life he knows, and enjoys.

((This is my first RP character sheet, and I'd like any input on it that's available. I had to do some quick research on time-zones and lifespans and all that. I think this is all "legitimate" but if I overlooked a key aspect of Lore that negates what I have here please let me know and I'll take a different route.))
    Last edited by Tovarish24; 2012-01-16 at 12:26 AM.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    While well written, your bio does have a large lore error. Before Warcraft 3, no knowledge was known of the Night Elves, at least for humans. Humans had no contact with the night elves and so there would be no way that your characters grandfather or ancestors would have had contact or knowledge of the Night Elves. One way you could get this to work however, is if one of his ancestors had relations with the a high elf, which would be rare, and if that high elf still had knowledge of druidism, which would be equally rare.

I mostly skimmed over the other parts that weren't history but all in all your bio looked fine, just fix the part I mentioned.

I'll have to agree with Vadoor on the part concerning kaldorei and their contact with Gilneans, which was only after the Shattering and the worgen curse spreading throughout the kingdom, but I will disagree with his point on an ancestor having relations with a quel'dorei. Gilnean culture already had harvest-witches, which wasn't actually stamped out by the Church of the Holy Light. Both of them existed at the same time and aren't mutually exclusive. These harvest-witches were like druids, though without the ability to commune with the spirits of animals and take beastial shape. It requires more revision of the character, but I'd say it's more plausible.

I didn't skim through the other parts of the bio and actually read them and can confirm that it's a solid piece, save the lore inconsistency, which is farily easily rectified.

Also, welcome to the RP forums!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks so much for commenting! However, I found most of this stuff from research done in places like WoWwiki. If those sources are wrong, where am I supposed to look to figure this stuff out? Being new to the scene, I find it hard to make changes without reference points. Also, I just finished another Character Bio and now I'm betting that was has even more wrong with it than this one.
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Wowpedia.org is actually a better resource, more updated, and thats the place where I gathered my information (though also from in-game in the starting zone)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the changes I made will help the History be a little more on-par with lore. Instead of being Ancestored to human druids who learned their ways from Night Elves, his ancestors have now inherited their knowledge from the harvest-whiches, and the men who served in agrarian culture at that time, who were learning Druidic knowledge. Supposedly, one of his ancestors took well to Druidic practices, and tucked the secret away within his family for generations. I hope this fills any majors holes in my lore.