10+ Year Old Account

Gaming PC... Price?

Hey guys! I'll admit it.. I have a Mac... BUT I have said Mac for work.

Now I'm sick of this bootcamp crap and I want to build a decent gaming PC. I want to play WoW, maybe SWTOR.. and a few other games. How much would adecent gaming computer cost?

Now I'm not looking for a mouse with 203 buttons on it, or a keyboard with 5 numpads.. I will just use a good old QWERTY keyboard, and a good old USB mouse with 6 buttons and a scroll wheel. (what im saying is I have a keyboard, a mouse an a monitor)

What I want to price out, is how much should I spend for a decent computer? (I cant build one, last time I tried it ended with a fire... so um yah.)
    Should I just go to bestbuy and ask for a gaming PC? Should I ask a friend to build it, if I buy all the parts?

I'm not looking to spend more than 750$.. I don't want a computer that can play wow with 500FPS on Ultra, with 6 monitors.. I'm just a casual gamer... I want it to run smooth and look pretty.

I'll list a few games I want to play, just to give you a basis on what I might need to play them smoothly, and enjoy my time playing them. (not choppy or freezing ect..)

1. WoW
    2. Saints Row
    3. SWTOR
    4. The new Assassins Creed
    5. "Tera" (I saw a preview, and it looked pretty sweet)
    6. MineCraft (lols I know I can play it on pretty much anything but w/e)

Now, this I can do with my Mac, but I don't like to.. 3D modeling.. I don't know why, I learned with a PC, and I hate trying to do it with my Mac.
    The rest of my work stuff can be left on the Mac

Any suggestions on what I should buy? / How much I should spend?

Sorry for the wall of text.. I just dont want to go buy something I dont need, or get screwed with something that can not handle what I want.

Thanks guys! Appreciate any feedback / input!!

Deleted
    Take a look here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds

Oh, missed the part where you said "don't want to build one". Either way, is there no friend or family member that could help you? To add, there are numerous detailed guides that explains exactly how to build a modern computer; it really isn't that hard. Keep it in mind, a prebuilt will offer much less performance for the same price.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-01-11 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I can try but last time i spend 1000, and completely fried the whole thing the 1st time i plugged it in ...
    and thank you very much!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest this for your games:
    Gaming 900
    MoBo: MSI P67A-G43 – $114.99 Review
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k – $219.99
    RAM: G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz 2x4GB – $43.99
    GPU: MSI Twin Frozr III Radeon 6950 – $259.99
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 1TB – $149.99
    PSU: Seasonic S12II 520W – $59.99
    Case: Xigmatek Utgard – $69.99
    --------------------------------------------------
    Estimated Total Price – $919
    Recommended for:
    Gaming build that will take care of almost
    all gaming needs; will exceed in most games
    but lacks the power to cope with really
    demanding titles at max settings.
    If you manage to find a cheaper haddrive @ 750gb-1TB with 7200 RPM then get it.

Do bear in mind Saints Row The Third is poorly optimized for AMD Cards, if you want an Nvidia card then I'd suggest a GTX 570.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory