I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry [BIOCHEM] Luminescent Cell Culture help.

I have Biochem on my Shadow and I've hit a bottleneck I'm having a hard time getting around. I can't seem to find nearly enough Luminescent Cell Cultures (calling it LCC) to get over the hump and into the next bracket of recipes. I will find/scan Green Goo and Dielectric Cell fiber nearly 20:1 even though the LCC is used to a higher skill level (still used in recipes long after the other two are not).

I've looked at Torhead and tried most of the places listed in the comments but the drop rates in these areas area astronomically low. I'll gladly grind this stuff out if I can find the right area...but 20:1 is really bad

Have you tried sending your companions out on bioanalysis missions non stop just to get by the hump? I have to do that right now for Neurochemical extract because it's in every damn high level recipe but stupid rare to farm.

I didn't have any trouble with not having enough of a particular part, but I was also sending companions out on bioanal missions fairly often from rank 4 up. I remember nerve damaging things and quick growth things were both things I could have used more of. I managed to sell the nerve damaging things for over 2k credits each when I finished leveling biochem and sold of all my <rank 4 stuff.
    ಠ_ಠ

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Have you tried sending your companions out on bioanalysis missions non stop just to get by the hump? I have to do that right now for Neurochemical extract because it's in every damn high level recipe but stupid rare to farm.
    I think I may have bypassed the window where companions picking these up is an option. Just by running around trying to gather on Corescant, Taris, Nar Shaddaa, and Alderaan my Bioanalysis is near 200 and the cost of sending my companions is 1000 credits for each 'mission'.

there's a dropdown menu for level ranges, look at your recipe window and see what grade you need and find the level range that has them. you should see missions for samples or compounds so note which you need for that as well.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    there's a dropdown menu for level ranges, look at your recipe window and see what grade you need and find the level range that has them. you should see missions for samples or compounds so note which you need for that as well.
    AH! I didn't even see that. It should solve the problem pretty easily. Thank you very much

I had the exact same problem, lacking Luminescent Cell Cultures. Luminescent Cell Cultures (if we're thinking of the same thing) are Grade 2 Medical Compounds, so make sure you send your companions on a mission that gives you Grade 2 Medical Compounds.
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-01-12 at 06:54 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Just hit the same roadblock. Missions missions missions. Check the GTN as well.

My servers GTN had one stack of 30 Luminescent Cell Cultures - price? Check this, 35.000 credits. lol
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    My servers GTN had one stack of 30 Luminescent Cell Cultures - price? Check this, 35.000 credits. lol
    Since there will be people unaware of the instability of the economy because it's new, this kind of thing is not surprising. There might be someone who rinsed slicing and is rich without knowing just how rich that will throw money away due to the current state of the economy

i just chained bio compound missions and reversed engineered everything to get past that hump.

it was annoying, now i'm up to 260ish and still chugging away without much of a problem.

Wait till you get a 360 purple mission, send your companion out for 2 and a half hours, and have them come back and apologize for failing miserably.

Nah. I'm at... 377 biochem and have been chaining level 5 gathering missions with 4 companions since I have yet to hit the level 6 stuff.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Credit where credit is due:
    Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    ...this completely solved the problem.

So even tho my bioanalysis skill was at 215 I was able to send my comps out for Grade 2 medical compounds. They were bringing back 4-9 at a time so I was able to get past that and its been smooth sailing. I had so many other materials backlogged because of this that I've been able to have my comps do nonstop crafting all evening.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-01-12 at 09:06 AM.