Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like wow. I like Pokemon. If I want to play wow i will go on wow. If I want to play Pokemon i will go whip out my old gameboy, smash in yellow and get playing. I for one see this as a waste of time and resources when stuff like the old races still look like shit. If stuff like that was already done i couldn't care less if they added pet battles.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2012-01-12 at 05:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    That's his point. It isn't an inspired little mini-game, it's just a shameless rip-off to try and squeeze out more playtime; what's worse, people are applauding this.

The hypocrisy of the WoW community is staggering. Would you mind explaining to me how it's only Blizzard's job to cater to their subscribers and make them happy if the subscribers in question are casuals or unskilled?

You will still have your raids so you can feel like a special snowflake. This is a SIMPLE thing to add since its such "ripoff", so it isn't taking that much time to develop. Allot of people want this, and whether you want this or not is irrelevant. Stop being selfish.

Man Nintendo is gonna be pissed.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay seriously people, stop complaining about optional content. At least you have something to do during raid lock outs.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's his point. It isn't an inspired little mini-game, it's just a shameless rip-off to try and squeeze out more playtime; what's worse, people are applauding this.

The hypocrisy of the WoW community is staggering. Would you mind explaining to me how it's only Blizzard's job to cater to their subscribers and make them happy if the subscribers in question are casuals or unskilled?
    So according to you, only 'casual' and unskilled players will use this? What a joke.

If you're too 'hardcore' for a fun OPTIONAL quest, go brag about doing Heroic Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Was hoping Blizz would scrap World of Pokecraft...sigh.

If you don't like it, DON'T USE IT. It's NOT required for anything.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I like wow. I like Pokemon. If I want to play wow i will go on wow. If I want to play Pokemon i will go whip out my old gameboy, smash in yellow and get playing. I for one see this as a waste of time and resources when stuff like the old races still look like shit. If stuff like that was already done i couldn't care less if they added pet battles.
    Rift has public quests, If wow was adding public quests to the list f things then i could say the same thing you did. (If i want to play wow ill play wow. If i want to play rift ill play rift. See what i did there? This is a simple amazing thing they are adding to the game. I dont think blizzard should add new arenas to wow, but i don't go around bashing every time they do because im not selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You will still have your raids so you can feel like a special snowflake. This is a SIMPLE thing to add since its such "ripoff", so it isn't taking that much time to develop. Allot of people want this, and whether you want this or not is irrelevant. Stop being selfish.
    On the contrary, it being completely unoriginal and a shameless ripoff doesn't mean they don't have to take the time to give every single pet stats and moves, create the battle system, create this "wild pet" encounter shit, make the queue for it (because apparently we're too lazy to play Pokemon), make the ridiculous "Minipet Master" gym leaders, etc.

And if you want this, get an emulator and play Pokemon on your computer. Every time a blatant ripoff of WoW is announced, the community (rightly) denounces it - but this is somehow okay?

---------- Post added 2012-01-12 at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    So according to you, only 'casual' and unskilled players will use this? What a joke.

If you're too 'hardcore' for a fun OPTIONAL quest, go brag about doing Heroic Raids.
    No, according to me I constantly see people bitching about how Blizzard needs to do this or that to serve the people who "don't have time to play the game," then turn around and say that they don't have to cater to people who do "have time" to play the game.

i wouldn't call it so much a -ripoff- but more paying homage. plus, if i can play pokemon without actually having to buy the games then it's win-win for me >.> (because playing them for me now would entail buying not only the games, but the platform on which to play them, as i lost my GBA years ago, and don't have a DS)

Signature by Kenz

10+ Year Old Account
    On the contrary, it being completely unoriginal and a shameless ripoff doesn't mean they don't have to take the time to give every single pet stats and moves, create the battle system, create this "wild pet" encounter shit, make the queue for it (because apparently we're too lazy to play Pokemon), make the ridiculous "Minipet Master" gym leaders, etc.

And if you want this, get an emulator and play Pokemon on your computer. Every time a blatant ripoff of WoW is announced, the community (rightly) denounces it - but this is somehow okay?
    Because this isn't an entire game based off of it.

This is an OPTIONAL feature that they are adding in for people to have FUN with at all levels. It's freaking optional, don't do it if you don't like it. Why can't something fun be in the game, not 'hardcore' enough for you?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

whats the difference between combat and cosmetic advantage? and what if youre already max lv, do you keep making alts to increase the stats of ur pets? also the top left corner if looked at closely shows that until u get a specific achievement your 3rd battle slot(whatever that means) remains blocked. does that mean other things might be blocked? and more importantly does this mean other features might be blocked till you get an achievement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, I'm totally looking forward to this. Then again, I like to collect pets and was hoping that one day there'd be something to do with them. Wasn't expecting Pokemon, but fuck, it looks fun as hell. I hope being able to name your pets exists outside of the pet arena. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    i'll prefer grinding gear vanilla style to have something to do

Tranquil Mechanical Yeti with an ability called Super Shark Punch? i lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Because this isn't an entire game based off of it.

This is an OPTIONAL feature that they are adding in for people to have FUN with at all levels. It's freaking optional, don't do it if you don't like it. Why can't something fun be in the game, not 'hardcore' enough for you?
    Why do you assume this is about this being 'hardcore'? Do you know what I've spent the last few days doing? Farming old instances for my transmog set. I have Loremaster, and questing is far from hardcore. Hell, if I had a copy of Pokemon Gold and a GBA right now, I'd probably be playing it.

That's not what this is about.

This is a shameless ripoff of a popular series shoehorned into a universe where it makes no sense for the sake of squeezing out a little more playtime from it's subscribers.

Oh god I think these haters are right I am paying for wow only! They offer me pokemon for free?Its an optional addition that ads variety to the game which I can share with my in-game friends? WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE!!!2012!!!DOOMSDAY HAS COME, WE ALL GONA DIE! /shrug

Am I the only one clever enough to tell the difference between WoW Pet battles and Pokemon?Seriously people, use your brains and stop the mindless whinging over an optional feature. It's just so stupid to cry about it that it's a shame to know that the same people crying can actually be found in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you assume this is about this being 'hardcore'? Do you know what I've spent the last few days doing? Farming old instances for my transmog set. I have Loremaster, and questing is far from hardcore. Hell, if I had a copy of Pokemon Gold and a GBA right now, I'd probably be playing it.

That's not what this is about.

This is a shameless ripoff of a popular series shoehorned into a universe where it makes no sense for the sake of squeezing out a little more playtime from it's subscribers.

I don't really care if you like it or not.... Why cant you let the people that WANT it just have it and leave it alone. You dont have to do it, and your opinion doesn't matter when thousands if not millions want this in the game.

I've never played Pokemon.This looks interesting. Plus, I can whip out my Soul-trader beacon.

Wait wait let me play this game.

I'm INFURIATED that Blizzard is not devoting more time to add more cooking content to the game but instead wastes their development time devoted to a Pokemon ripoff. Cooking system has been UNCHANGED for YEARS and Blizzard is ignoring the HUGE PLAYERBASE of people who cook food for EVERYTHING.

MYNEEDS.

I think it looks so funny, i like it