Thread: Legendary Idea.

Legendary Idea.

Just looking at my own number recently on WoL and I'm wishing the legendary wasn't such a personal DPS buff and was a raid DPS increase instead

Something like 2200 Haste proc for 20secs every 90 to 120 seconds

If this was the next legendary for any dps class, I think it would change so much for good of raid in general, both in content pushing guilds and casual guilds.

Any thoughts?

That would be pretty awesome. Reminds me of a buffed version of that one staff in DS.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    That would be pretty awesome. Reminds me of a buffed version of that one staff in DS.
    This.

Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time

Maybe instead of haste, it should be more depending on the class and it should give str/agi/int? Same as rogue daggers now give agi stacks, but then raid wide (non-stacking from multiple legendary's ofc)
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

That staff is terrible, not even close to my idea, I was trying to think of something that give a toons highest secondary stats +2k, primiar would just be so OP, that would be like a 25% buff to my int for 20secs every 2 mins. SO MANY DAMAGES

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My problem with the legendary was that it was available to all casters, and makes any caster that doesn't have it severely handicapped. Try getting into a top guild right now as a caster without the staff.

I know Blizzard already owned up to this mistake and has promised to not do this again in the future. But for the time being, it kind of stinks.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    My problem with the legendary was that it was available to all casters, and makes any caster that doesn't have it severely handicapped. Try getting into a top guild right now as a caster without the staff.

I know Blizzard already owned up to this mistake and has promised to not do this again in the future. But for the time being, it kind of stinks.
    do you have the link where blizz admits they messed up? i wanna see that

Every caster having a legendary is a broad statement, but I do find it ridiculous that 25 to 30% raiders that are caster have a legendary.* Even if you did ten man since release you'll have two atm which is 20% of the raid even if you did straight 7/7 normal since the drop.

My own numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterbrew View Post
    do you have the link where blizz admits they messed up? i wanna see that
    They don't say "yea we messed up" they say something along the lines of "yea we probably won't be doing that again" which is blizzspeak for "crap that was a mistake".

10+ Year Old Account
    They already did this with the legendary (Atiesh) from vanilla Naxx.

Each staff had their own specific aura e.g. mage one gave 2% spell crit to party members, warlock gave 2% spell hit to party members etc.

I think they should bring that idea back.

Exactly Enigmuh, such a better idea

Mm, a staff bringing awesome group buffs in 3v3 *drool*
    Sorry mate, but it just would not work and I would actually like to see the idea of legendaries beeing scraped because of:

1. They are awesome, even so awesome that it's almost required for some guilds and groups. Having a staff can and will be a difference in 10-15% of your dps. That's fun and all, but it's actualy realy unfair in one way: se reason nr. 2.

2. They are "hard to get" (yepp, they are easy to get but you can't dish a whole raid with it atleast) and that will make the terms of dps pretty unfair. I myself is one that always wants to do the best dps that I possibly can but I'm still very happy for others when they do good dps because it's a gain for the raid and will help us kill stuff. But when someone does more dps than everyone else by, say 20% because of one single staff that you'll have one or two per raid? No thanks.

3. Every. Single. Legendary. Fucks. Up. PvP.
    Seriously, remember shadowmourn in cata?
    Remember Dragonwrath in s10?
    See the rogues out there atm?
    No thanks.

TL;DR: Having something that increase your fellow raidmemebers dps is nice and should be but the margin (and with such a good margin, also the rarity) is to big imo.

My 5 cents.
    And yes, I would feel the same way even if I would ahve gotten the staff instead of our (now retired) ele shaman, I'm sure of that.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah it's not so much that too many people have the staff. In fact... in 10 mans, it was very difficult to get more than one staff without multiple runs. It is more that any caster COULD get the staff. So now any caster that doesn't have it is well behind.

But if it was limited to just mages, for example... then mages would all have the staff, and all other casters would still be on an equal footing. A priest is still a priest... not: Shadow Priest (with legendary) or Shadow Priest (Screwed over by my guild GM/Officer/GM's Girlfriend/ect... behind all high end casters until MoP fml)
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmuh View Post
    They already did this with the legendary (Atiesh) from vanilla Naxx.

Each staff had their own specific aura e.g. mage one gave 2% spell crit to party members, warlock gave 2% spell hit to party members etc.

I think they should bring that idea back.
    I missed the Vanilla raiding and only started in kara...:-/..but that sounds great, how much harder was Atiesh to obtain at the time?

Vixsin in her post earlier today made similar suggestions, and suggested the buff not be stackable as to not make legendary stacking such a huge part of bleeding edge progression.

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Executz View Post
    I missed the Vanilla raiding and only started in kara...:-/..but that sounds great, how much harder was Atiesh to obtain at the time?
    Very few guilds had 1 Atiesh, let alone 2. My guild at the time never even got one - we had Cthun down for the base, we had the 40 splinters for the shaft and all that was missing was the Head from Kel'Thuzad which we never downed because of the cockblock called Four Horsemen. I'm guessing (note - guessing, not fact) that the Atiesh FoS is THE rarest FoS around, maybe even rarer than Old School Ride.

It IS though true that each Atiesh had its own special aura - Can't remember who gave what but they were 2% hit, 2% crit, mana per 5 (this was the druid one, I remember drooling over it on Thottbot) and the last one...escapes me. Also, each Atiesh model was identical - but the piece of rope/feather hanging from the tip was a different colour for every class. Neat stuff
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2012-01-13 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    3. Every. Single. Legendary. Fucks. Up. PvP.
    Seriously, remember shadowmourn in cata?
    Remember Dragonwrath in s10?
    See the rogues out there atm?
    No thanks.
    IMO arenas and bg's should have a default set up of gear that each play uses, would change a bit of the imbalances from season to seasons

but thats a side note.

Sorry to hear you were victim of a legendary fail, such as quitting or gquitting. I was the fourth staff for my guild and now I am the only one left, all others gquit to xfer or quit the game.

Legendaries should property of the guild, and should only be used in raids that you acquire them in.
    Last edited by cabibi64; 2012-01-13 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabibi64 View Post
    Legionaries should property of the guild, and should only be used in raids that you acquire them in.
    I don't see how Roman Legionnaires have anything to do with Legendaries, but ok :P. (Joke ^^)

It's 4 in the morning and I've smoked some J's, but as soon as I read this phrase I got an idea.

Suppose: Legendaries take a grindier, longer time to be created by the efforts of the guild. BUT! As soon as it is completed, it appears in a special chest at the very beginning of any raid instance you enter, as a full guild group. It becomes a conjured item like the Kael'thas legendaries, or Reaper of Souls sword in Stratholme, with a duration of...say...5 hours (people who raid more can simply go to the entrance and renew their legendaries). This way, every one will benefit from it, but only in a raid situation which also has to be composed of a full guild group.

But! What happens to bragging rights? Well, EVERYONE in the guild gets a Legendary Replica in their bags. No stats, Orange colour, can be used for transmog purposes and can even be worn as an item (for those who just love to have others see Orange on them).

But what happens in PVP? Well, 2 solutions. 1, it's simply not allowed, since PVP is about skill and not about gear, or 2, (abit far-fetched), you will be able to trade your legendary replica for a 'nerfed' version of the legendary which would be equivalent in item level and stat allocation, but not identical (i.e, no resilience) to the 2.2k weapons. Again, conjured item only useable in arenas (imagine it as an item that you have to right click, and when you do, it materializes the "nerfed" legendary in your bags ONLY when in an arena or BG).

I know some of this stuff sounds abit far-fetched, and honestly, it is :P There are huge Lore faults in this idea, but if you think about it...the top guild on my server had 5 pairs of Warglaives and a Thori'dal (and had the world record on Brutallus kills pre-nerf :P), guilds now have like 3-7 Dragonwraths etc etc.. But hey, that's what forums are for, so discuss!

Deleted
    Not awful balance ideas there.
    I know I'm probably part of the minority of legendary wielders that thinks like this but I really like that feeling that I'm carrying tarecgosas soul with me, I like the feeling of having the lore/story behind me.
    I find it a real shame that the staff became something that every caster 'expects'. Seeing people that get theirs from farming their 6/7hc 10man firelands and not even know how the proc works or care about any of the story behind it makes me cry a little inside.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Very few guilds had 1 Atiesh, let alone 2. My guild at the time never even got one - we had Cthun down for the base, we had the 40 splinters for the shaft and all that was missing was the Head from Kel'Thuzad which we never downed because of the cockblock called Four Horsemen. I'm guessing (note - guessing, not fact) that the Atiesh FoS is THE rarest FoS around, maybe even rarer than Old School Ride.

It IS though true that each Atiesh had its own special aura - Can't remember who gave what but they were 2% hit, 2% crit, mana per 5 (this was the druid one, I remember drooling over it on Thottbot) and the last one...escapes me. Also, each Atiesh model was identical - but the piece of rope/feather hanging from the tip was a different colour for every class. Neat stuff
    So no top guilds with 20+ then as we saw in this tier...:-)

I just really like that idea of a group buff based on what class obtained the legendary, nice to give back to your raid for helping you obtain it, in a different way than simply higher dps.