Newish mind control bug with Kael'thas final phase in TK?

I'd been soloing Kael'thas on my hunter for Ashes of Al'ar for about 3-4 months and was lucky enough to get it last week http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

Last week when I got the mount I wiped in the final phase (when Kael'thas goes up in the air) of my 1st try because Kael'thas mind controlled me as soon as he landed. I'd never seen this happen in this final phase in the previous 3-4 months. When I mentioned it to someone in guild they said it was because i'd done the previous phase too fast... This sort of made sense as I had better gear.

Anyway on the next try I took it nice and slow and didn't shoot at Kael'thas and just let my pet take him down to 50% with kill command and auto attacks. I didn't get MC'd, the boss died, I got the mount and I was happy.

Anyway this week I went back in to boost a friend for the mount but unfortunately the same thing happened in the final phase . I got mind controlled 3 tries in a row on the final phase. I'm sure I killed the boss slower than I had been in previous weeks because I used to shoot the boss in between "you will obey" calls while this week I only let my pet damage him. I should also mention that this happened even though my friend stayed outside the bosses room for the whole fight.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is encountering this issue (particularly hunters or other pet classes) and if you found any way of avoiding it.

I've encountered this problem way back in T11. Just have the other person you're duoing with or you stay behind the statue to the right side of the room until you're fairly certain that the phase is finished. Seems like this is just like how a Twilight Sapper can spawn in P2 of the Blackhorn fight.

the MC can happen at any point before he throws everyone in the air; the last phase doesnt start when he hits 50%, it starts when he throws everyone in the air. I've seen it several times, so you've just been lucky to not see it.

Now if you saw mcs after you get thrown in the air, thats a different thing, was that what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    the MC can happen at any point before he throws everyone in the air; the last phase doesnt start when he hits 50%, it starts when he throws everyone in the air. I've seen it several times, so you've just been lucky to not see it.

Now if you saw mcs after you get thrown in the air, thats a different thing, was that what happened?
    Nah I think you may be right. It was after he runs back onto the platform but before he throws you up in the air I believe. Thanks. Will try this.

I suppose that since he only does the MC every 30 seconds or so, in the previous weeks he'd been doing the MC shortly before 50% and so he was doing the air phase before he cast it again.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2012-01-13 at 04:19 PM.

You have to stay out of LoS until the final phase begins.

Can't believe it.... My bro just got it 2 weeks after I did :

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ea/achievement

I was expecting to be boosting him for months.

I'm a fellow Hunter but I'm stuck on the rezzed adds phase. I loot the staff and use it, but as soon as they spawn I get feared or MC'd.

Can you outline what your strategy is for this phase and the final phase?

There is no way you could get mindcontrolled because there is simply no mind control in this phase.
    You get feared by sanguinar when he casts his 30m(?) aoe fear; no big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    the main trouble i had while soloing it was avoiding the toy car from the engineer, no matter how quickly i take him down i can't seem to keep him from putting it on either me or my pet. It wouldn't be a big deal if he weren't the last lieutenant(holy crap i just spelled that correctly the first time) and if the weapons phase weren't time-based so i wouldn't be in a rush to get them down. Also note, i have not tried this except a few tries last week. what spec did you use? i was using BM, but have since started using marks for the self healing on altairus and malygos, and have thought about trying it again, will probably try it again this week.

PS. sorry for not helping with your question, but it seems it was already answered, and i didn't think my question warranted it's own thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Well lets do a brainstorming;

your pet gets toy and gets stunned - how could you avoid this...
    Tip: You have more than one pet available.

you get toy...
    Tip: You have an ability to not get it (And he casts it after the 3rd bomb).

I whis this forum had spoiler tags :>

Use MM.

This has always happened. Just stand behind his statue to the left/right of his room and you'll avoid it.