Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was talk about how it was in danger of never being released, due to THQ's financial problems.

The Warhammer IP is so tough to manage. One day it'll be given to a developer with some chops. So very disappointing. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The Warhammer IP is so tough to manage. One day it'll be given to a developer with some chops. So very disappointing. Sigh.
    Im pretty pissed about this. Prob wont find a bigger 40k fan on these forums than me and i was greatly looking forward to this. I will play it though if it turns out to be long and entertaining like hellgate.

Deleted
    They better not shoehorn me into being a loyalist. I want to kill for the Chaos Gods, damn it. Anyway, these layoffs are disappointing to say the least. And it also casts doubts on whether or not the respective studios will have the resources to produce quality products in future. It seems as if we'll never have Dawn of War III.

Dawn of War 2 was so bad. Despite the first game being my fave RTS ever, I'd rather not see them muck it up again with a 3rd title. Space Marine was good, but they also made a lot of lame brain decisions that marred WoM and community from ever getting off the ground for Space Marine.

Honestly wish the IP would just go to another development house that can support the IP robustly. Not that Relic core weren't good. But funds...

Deleted
    Dawn of War 2 was actually a pretty fun and intense RTS, and usually IP's don't change hands so easily, so probably WH40K Video games will just die for a long time without them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Dawn of War 2 was so bad. Despite the first game being my fave RTS ever.
    Really? I felt it was far closer to the tabletop and much better than the original. Anyway, THQ is in this mess because for a long time, it's strategy was get it's hands on a relevant IP, put the bare amount of development into it and sell it. Rinse and repeat, given it's new mission statement to release high quality products based on high quality IPs, it's at least trying to turn around.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2012-03-31 at 05:17 AM.