Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    WoW is a lot more than just raiding, and nowhere near a weak MMORPG...anyone saying that is obviously overlooking its age and popularity.

Not sure about the kid remark...guess it falls under the category of the link in my sig.
    WoW endgame is about raiding. Sure you can PVP, but considering Blizzard doesn't put as much effort into it (actually adding new content, not "balancing") you can't really say that it's a main selling point. Most of everything else is just busy work like Achievements.

WoW did one thing right. They made an addicting game that people just can't quit for whatever reason. For example: they don't want to let go of that one character that has all the cool achievements and mounts. Attachment is hard to break in any circumstance, which Blizzards marketing team is amazing at exploiting it.

Is WoW a great game? Yes. Is it a great MMO? No.

Deleted
    Completely addicted to SWTOR now.

It is that same feeling I had of being totally hooked in early TBC.

Absolutely loving playing my jedi knight and sage, also dabbling on the Empire side now and it feels like a whole new game again.

The huge amount of levelling and endgame content is a bit scary. So little time. I have valor rank 40 on only one char so far. So much storyline to level with. Professions to level. Companion storylines to finish after getting them their damn gifts. There are not enough hours in a day.

I have done hardmode 4/5 Eternity Vault. Great fun but the last boss in hardmode is nearly impossible, totally overtuned. I cannot imagine what a joke it would be on nightmare mode. The flashpoints on hardmode are at least far more challenging than heroic dungeons but the last boss of EV takes the cake really, raid boss on steroids that makes Ragnaros Heroic look like a walk in the park.

Basically loving it. There are bugs sure, but who cares when the game is just this fun, with a challenging and lengthy endgame.

Love swtor and in my opinion its one of the best video games ever,even with the bugs and lack of certain additions.Sadly unable to play it much more,completly burnt out on MMOs.Been in the 40s for probally over 2 weeks.

Deleted
    I don't know if it's going to be my favorite mmo ever, but I know James Ohlen ist my favorite "Game Designer talking with the press".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ve-than-an-fps

This guys the best!

James Ohlen is the author of the classic "Performance issues? There is no performance issue. Oh you mean the few over there from the stone age."
    Last edited by mmoc9d4c700b28; 2012-01-14 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The Eternity Vault was not seen in the movies 10+ years ago. So much for that...
    Right and Dragon Soul wasn't seen 7 years ago. So much for that.
    Hunter POV Streaming PVE/Arena/RBGS/LFR.
    www.twitch.tv/poorplay
    http://www.own3d.tv/Poorplay
    @obvioustrollz

Lots of people feel like the OP. It is definitely a good game if you enjoy other bioware games and single player RPGs. It's like a whole new twist on it, so it will keeps lots of people occupied for awhile as they level multiple characters. Totally worth the cash for months of solid play!

As for many of the MMO aspects, PVP, and end game... well it's not quite so good. So unless you really like the leveling process I think it will come up short.

At first I thought they might be able to bridge the gap and fix the problems quick enough to keep people who are not as into "leveling" happy, but I just don't think they will be able to in time.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-01-14 at 06:28 PM.

Love the game, although Tatooine is burning me out a slight bit. Wow is that game hard suddenly. Good hard, but still hard.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yup i agree, levelling my agent has been an amazing experience (nearly level 50)...... but now for some reason i cant seem to want to log on and play anymore, done loadsa stuff like pvp, FPs etc and theyre pretty sweet tbh but i dunno i feel lost and maybe the thought of "oh ill be playin this for years" feels wrong for this game for me lol.... maybe the thought of more years on 1 game is embedded in my brain ;p
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegemeat View Post
    Right and Dragon Soul wasn't seen 7 years ago. So much for that.
    Actually the dragon soul itself was seen in the Richard Knaak books the war of the ancients.. good read

Quote Originally Posted by freshtendrills View Post
    Combat is quick and responsive.)
    i agree with a lot you've said.. but the above is not 1 of them. Combat is cluncky, laggy and not very smooth... i enjoy it still so far, but if this is not changed it won't last. My pc is more than capable it's not a hardware issue, Bioware themselves have said on their forum they are working on it, so saying it's quick and responsive is just lol.

I love SW:TOR, but I HATE paying a subscription fee for it. Not that I'm fond of it with WoW, but when an MMO is so predicated on the enjoyment of questing and the leveling experience, it feels like the money I paid for the game should cover that. I don't know, I mean, I haven't even hit max level yet, but I feel like they have given me all the best aspects of the game early on and there's not a lot I see in the late game to match that. And the late game is what I'm paying the subscription for. That's going to be a long-term concern for TOR, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    You work your way all the way to the end, press a stupid button, only to have to fight your way all the way back out just to hand in a quest that gives you some terrible green item.
    Quick travel... nuff said.

I have no lag whatsoever when I play. I have no idea what people are talking about with "combat lag". I play a knight and Consular so I have both melee and caster, no lag at all, I do have a good PC though. i7, 6G ram, Nvidia 580, ssd.

Deleted
    Well Tor is far from perfect so too soon to call it best ever.
    Maybe in some time.
    Last edited by mmoce6d6578c3b; 2012-01-14 at 10:01 PM.

I just see a few random gliches that don't get in the way of my play experience. I think its a great game but its not as complete and streamlined as wow is now; however it is quite refreshing.

I wouldn't call it "THE BEST EVER", but it's definitely not bad.

It has quite a few issues, but nothing too gamebreaking. Hopefully those will be fixed, although the ticketing/GM system is unfortunately one of those things. You gotta admit, Blizzard got that customer service-part down really well.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR 4 LIFE! I can't put it down. My Lv.50 Sniper there is so much to do everyday, i can't even fit it all in. doin HardMode Flashpoints and dailys, it doesn't really leave me time for GTN or PVP. Even though the PVP i do is so much fun. plus the rewards u get for doin all this stuff is endless!! TY Bioware for makin such an amazing game. U put the MMORPG back into MMORPG.