Are there any Republic/Empire balanced servers?

Wanting to roll my new Guardian but I won't be doing it on Dark Reaper. The action imbalance is just silly and I'd prefer to find one with balanced population. US west pvp of course.
    Last edited by iggie; 2012-01-13 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    us west pvp of course.
    of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    of course.
    But of course!

There are especially no PvP servers with faction balance.

As far as I know, there are no PvE servers with very good balance.
    I've been checking populations regularly on my server (a US PvE server) as I have toons on both factions. Empire outnumbers Republic by >2:1 at any given time that I've checked the stats (doing /who via zones, levels, classes - for example, last night there were 47 level 50 Republic tons at 10:00 PM CST. There were over 200 level 50 Empire toons at the same time. Imperial Fleet had 230 players at that time. Republic Fleet had 84.

I've been checking these stats regularly for the past four weeks, and Republic numbers (or active players at least) seem to be dwindling compared to Empire. Granted, my info is only slightly better than anecdotal, but still, it's obvious that there's a huge faction population imbalance on my server.

From what I understand, basically from what I have read via those who have collected similar data, the RP servers offer the best in terms of population balance. So maybe look at a RP-PvP server.

You're just not going to find a regular PvP server with anything even remotely resembling faction population balance. Your only two options there are join the zerg or become mob gank bait.
    Last edited by Surge; 2012-01-14 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    There are especially no PvP servers with faction balance.

As far as I know, there are no PvE servers with very good balance.
    I've been checking populations regularly on my server (a US PvE server) as I have toons on both factions. Empire outnumbers Republic by >2:1 at any given time that I've checked the stats (doing /who via zones, levels, classes - for example, last night there were 47 level 50 Republic tons at 10:00 PM CST. There were over 200 level 50 Empire toons at the same time. Imperial Fleet had 230 players at that time. Republic Fleet had 84.

I've been checking these stats regularly for the past four weeks, and Republic numbers (or active players at least) seem to be dwindling compared to Empire. Granted, my info is only slightly better than anecdotal, but still, it's obvious that there's a huge faction population imbalance on my server.

From what I understand, basically from what I have read via those who have collected similar data, the RP servers offer the best in terms of population balance. So maybe look at a RP-PvP server.

You're just not going to find a regular PvP server with anything even remotely resembling faction population balance. Your only two options there are join the zerg or become mob gank bait.
    The scary thing is, I've had numerous friends reroll Empire because of the faction imbalance (lots more pugs) and the general advantage of being empire (60s cd flash grenade anyone?)

I do find it surprising that so few play republic.

What happened to all the people who loved Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia.

I wanted to play republic, but everyone I knew was rolling Empire, so...

I can't really blame people for rerolling, it's just sad it makes the problem worse.

Makes you wonder, if you could get away with murder easily IRL, would lots more do it (as most people play the empire to be bad).
    Last edited by Trix; 2012-01-14 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    The scary thing is, I've had numerous friends reroll Empire because of the faction imbalance (lots more pugs) and the general advantage of being empire (60s cd flash grenade anyone?)
    My whole guild did just that. It doesn't seem to be an uncommon occurrence.