Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah, pretty much the same experience i had... got on ToR, played for 5-6 days, logged on wow to do some stuff and it just seemed so much more polished and fluid by comparison.

Of course, this wasn't really a surprise since the same thing happened to me when i tried aion and rift.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

I will agree that WoW is definitely more polished than TOR. It's a great game but lacks many of the small things that make MMOs better. After some time playing it, I really began to appreciate how responsive WoW's combat is in comparison. That being said, playing WoW makes me appreciate the immersion and story that SWTOR offers.

As a wow player since vanillia and wc3, I myself got bored with WoW aka Cata. I started playing Swtor myself and find it fun as a "side" distraction. I thought I would not come back to WoW and stick to Swtor and do endgame etc taking over my mmo fix. I was wrong, Swtor in fact made me miss WoW more, not cause Swtor is bad but you do miss certain things that WoW has. There combat, classes etc..I started playing wow again and sometimes playing swtor but wow just has a good balance believe it or not. I don't think I will quit again, I have quit few times and always come back. I believe wow is the best "bang for your buck".

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    After some time playing it, I really began to appreciate how responsive WoW's combat is in comparison. That being said, playing WoW makes me appreciate the immersion and story that SWTOR offers.
    You get what I am saying.
    "Peace is a lie"

wait how is this thread gonna be a tragedy? i mean its someones opinion, and i think we all have the same feeling atleast the majority. Im exactly like the OP, i play both games, why do i have to play 1 game?, I only raid in WoW and do occasional LFR, i would say that WoW would be the filler, cause in SWTOR we are still questing/lvling/farming etc...

i also think that ppl say SWTOR > WOW, or SWTOR IS WAY BETTER! OMG I LOVE SWTOR are just completely BS! i think they just post shit up to stir things up

no one in the right mind is gonna say swtor > wow. I think we only play SWTOR cause its somethiing different, some of us are burnt out of WoW and need a break, just like a lot of relationship, we gotta sometimes just go different ways or take a break, and see where we go from there. We might not comeback to that same chick or game or we might. Its a love hate relationship between these two games. I sometimes log on to do LFR and once im done, i see myself sitting in org....not wanting to do dungeons or farm shit...samething on raid day's, i would finsih up raiding and sit at org doing nothing....thats why i picked up swtor.
    Last edited by coolye; 2012-01-13 at 07:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    before i had tried SWTOR in the beta, i was going through one of my 'gotta work on everything because i'm loving it so much' spells, in wow. (5 year wow vet, and have had many ups and downs with the game)... i was grinding all kinds of rep, working on alts, professions, gear. everything was going awesome...

then i tried TOR in beta.

i knew by level 2, that it would replace wow for me.

it was a very stunning shift in mindset. i literally went from obsessed with wow, to absolutely sick of wow, in about 20 minutes.

i still feel about 99% the same as i did the first time i logged into TOR. (would be 100% if we had addons). i still log into wow once in a while to troll trade (6 month sub ends in a month)... but i can't even bring myself to complete 1 daily (would be exalted with the baradin guys if i did). it's. just. so. old. and. boring; for me. and TOR sealed the deal. forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwun View Post
    He is not telling a mod to close the thread, he is in before the thread gets closed because nothing good will come out of it. Though if you are feeling sick, maybe you should get some rest friend.
    I don't understand the feeling sick bit.

Quote Originally Posted by coolye View Post
    wait how is this thread gonna be a tragedy? i mean its someones opinion, and i think we all have the same feeling atleast the majority. Im exactly like the OP, i play both games, why do i have to play 1 game?, I only raid in WoW and do occasional LFR, i would say that WoW would be the filler, cause in SWTOR we are still questing/lvling/farming etc...
    It is because there are a lot of people who like to rage while only dealing in absolutes that feel their opinions are fact and others opinions are meaningless. They tend to degrade threads into flame wars. So a thread that expressions an opinion usually attracts such types.

Though I haven't gone back to wow in about 6 months, I had the same feeling happen to me after I tried Rift. I played Rift for a month and went back to wow and leveled a rogue to 85 on a pvp server with no gold or BOA stuff (first time).

It was fun and it felt really polished and when i got to 85 I realized that I was back to the point of why I left wow to begin with.

I'm sure WoW is way more polished that Swtor, especially combat responsiveness. But that doesn't detract from swtor being a great game. I'll keep playing Swtor until it gets old and boring to me and I'm sure by that time it'll be polished too.

I played Star wars mmo. I wish I hadnt of wasted my money.

Now let me explain why.

Star wars feels empty and big just to be big. Also everything is so heavily phased that I rarely see other players in the game.

Secondly voice acting for every single quest is god dam stupid. I do not want to hear some guy explaining why I need to kill 10 boars or 10 other enemys or 10 boxes. It just doesnt make sense to have everything voice acted. I mean look at the Zelda series. Next to no voice acting and yet its one of the best rpgs out there.

Thirdly the worlds and quests and dungeons are god dam boring. Pvp is terrible and mechanics of bosses is not a challenge.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's just accept the fact that these statements are opinions. I don't care about people leaving a game i play, or people joining a game i find boring. The fanboyism faded away as i accepted the fact of liking several games are OK.

But still. You can't expect a fresh MMO made by Bioware to be as polished as Blizzard's 7 years old MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I will agree that WoW is definitely more polished than TOR. It's a great game but lacks many of the small things that make MMOs better. After some time playing it, I really began to appreciate how responsive WoW's combat is in comparison. That being said, playing WoW makes me appreciate the immersion and story that SWTOR offers.
    I agree very much with this post. Each is a different game and each brings unique things to the table. They can co-exist.

I will say that after much SW playing the one thing I really miss is being able to gem/enchant/reforge/glyph to min/max. It sucks so bad to see some perfect armor or item mod or something but instead of +def it has +crit or something. If I could take one thing from WoW into SWTOR it would be reforging, no questions.

but instead how playing both has benefits
    casuals

one of the reasons ive hated the wow community since day 1

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post

Now let me explain why.

Star wars feels empty and big just to be big. Also everything is so heavily phased that I rarely see other players in the game.

Secondly voice acting for every single quest is god dam stupid. I do not want to hear some guy explaining why I need to kill 10 boars or 10 other enemys or 10 boxes. It just doesnt make sense to have everything voice acted. I mean look at the Zelda series. Next to no voice acting and yet its one of the best rpgs out there.

Thirdly the worlds and quests and dungeons are god dam boring. Pvp is terrible and mechanics of bosses is not a challenge.
    Looks like these types of MMO's are not for you. Me, myself. I enjoy the voice acting everywhere. But then again, i appreciate the RPG part of a MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    casuals

one of the reasons ive hated the wow community since day 1
    Day one? As in WOTLK/Cata?

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Anyone else have a similar experience?
    Took a break from WoW, played ToR... really dug it initially, then got sick of it almost as fast. Unsubbed from both currently.... so neither game really helped my outlook on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    It is because there are a lot of people who like to rage while only dealing in absolutes that feel their opinions are fact and others opinions are meaningless. They tend to degrade threads into flame wars. So a thread that expressions an opinion usually attracts such types.

hold on...lol i cant stop laughing, just cause someone flames a thread doesnt mean you should take it to heart, i mean there is a moderator here. PPL voice there opinions on thread and almost every freaking thread i see, has a troller or flamer. I mean the OP is making sense, it is true what he is saying. We're not saying swtor or wow is a terrible MMO, there both good. There both 2 different games. Degrade thread....like i care? go on to next post? i dunno, i never really care for troller or flamers or degraders, to me there either bored or wanna stir shit up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Though I haven't gone back to wow in about 6 months, I had the same feeling happen to me after I tried Rift. I played Rift for a month and went back to wow and leveled a rogue to 85 on a pvp server with no gold or BOA stuff (first time).

It was fun and it felt really polished and when i got to 85 I realized that I was back to the point of why I left wow to begin with.

I'm sure WoW is way more polished that Swtor, especially combat responsiveness. But that doesn't detract from swtor being a great game. I'll keep playing Swtor until it gets old and boring to me and I'm sure by that time it'll be polished too.
    this was my experience as well.

i think it takes the typical wow player about 3-4 different MMOs before they finally leave that game.

i left for CoV/CoH. came back
    left for EVE. came back... but i still go back to EVE now and then. awesome game.
    left for AoC. came back
    lotro, rift... same story.

i know for a fact though that TOR is finally the one for me.

and you cant really say "wow is more polished then sw tor" because lets see

world of warcraft has been out for 7 years

star wars the old republic hasnt even been out a month yet

Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    Let's just accept the fact that these statements are opinions. I don't care about people leaving a game i play, or people joining a game i find boring. The fanboyism faded away as i accepted the fact of liking several games are OK.

But still. You can't expect a fresh MMO made by Bioware to be as polished as Blizzard's 7 years old MMO.
    I am not sure if this was to my OP, but if so you read it 100% wrong. My point was that playing more than one MMO at a time (WoW and ToR) was a good thing. And that seeing the polish on WoW made me look forward to the future of ToR, as well as playing ToR made me enjoy some of the different things in WoW
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post

Now let me explain why.

The only phasing is during your class specific interactions, and its often times just one room that you talk to your quest giver then leave. Heroics are mini instances, a full party can enter.

If you dont like the voice acting there is an option to skip the movies. And you can spacebar thru any dialog.

As far as bosses not being a challenge... well it makes me wonder if you played past level 10.

I dont understand the point of this post.