Character Bio - Bintah

Name: Bintah, though he goes by Ben when talking with strangers.

Race: Faceless One (Spell-casting variant)

Languages: Common/Orcish, Faceless, a rough understanding of Gutterspeak.

Class: Spell-weaver. A magic wielder similar to both magi and warlocks.

Personality: Bintah is a relatively easy-going sort, for a Faceless One. Being liberated from the ranks of the Faceless, he has cultivated a personality that is very human in its outlook on life. He exalts life above all else, and only kills his enemies when it is a very last resort.

He has a sense of humor that can be at times crude, but always regrets his japes if they fall upon a person without an ability to appreciate that he means nothing by them. He is witty, sarcastic, and if kindness is extended to him, he will return the favor with ardor.

Likes: Bintah loves animals, fruit, sunshine, and the rustling of the trees in the wind. He has a fondness for the human race, as he sees in them an unconquerable spirit born of the fires of life. He also enjoys the company of the undead, as their wit and sarcasm make an interesting mirror to his own, and also he remembers the undead who rescued him in his time of need.

Dislikes: Bintah has a hatred for caverns and a fear of spiders and bats, as they remind him of his centuries of service to Yogg'Saron. He also mistrusts dwarfs, as they seem callous and rude to him.

Appearance, Natural Form: Bintah is slightly taller than a human, around 7 Feet tall. His skin is dark gray, with silvery highlights running through his body. His arms are long tentacles ending in spikes, and are encircled with silver bands covered in Faceless runes. He wears a robe inscribed with runes of gold and is colored maroon and silver. He has a golden gem seemingly implanted in the center of his forehead, and his eyes glow purple. He does not feel the need for a weapon in the Faceless form as his arms are veritable weapons in their own rights.

Appearance, Human Form: Bintah employs a transformational magic to go unnoticed by the mortal races, and takes the appearance of a 60 year old human male. His clothes are conjured when he changes appearance and disappear when not in use. His skin is a pale white, his hair a light gray. He is about 5 foot 9 and has a long, full beard ((Think half the size of Gandalf's)). He wears a long, black robe without adornments. His only jewelry is a single wristband which represents the bands on his arms in his natural form. He wears tall black boots and has dark gloves. He uses a crimson staff slightly shorter than he is to channel his magics and to deliver blows – a sturdy stave has many times been more than a match for steel.

Strengths: Bintah is a powerful spell-caster, able to deliver heavy bolts of shadow and fire to decimate his foes. He is very physically capable.

Weaknesses: Bintah has one debilitating weakness, which is the gem on his forehead. It is the focal point for his magics, and he takes pains to avoid revealing it to his enemies. He is also vulnerable to physical attacks, but only to a small extent as he does not practice his magics to the point of weakening his physical abilities.

History: Bintah spent the first centuries of his life as a servant of the old god Yogg'Saron, acting as a spy on the mortal races of Azeroth. He raised through the ranks of his master's army through merciless tactics and a shrewd eye for advancement. His existence was controlled completely by his master, and he felt no humor except at the pain of others. He used his magical abilities to walk among the mortal races, spying among the rich and powerful, and exploiting them for the benefit of Yogg'Saron. He was a master of his craft, and was never suspected by his unwitting victims until the proverbial noose had already closed around their necks.

Bintah had another responsibility – whispering into the ears of the Azerothian races, helping them to an already simple outcome – war. Bintah used his ability for appearance shifting to plant ideas and corruption into the minds of the powerful and aristocratic, making them more susceptible to the potent whisperings of his master. He witnessed the downfall of many strong mortals, and felt nothing but the satisfaction of a job well done. Bintah was trained in the arts of a mage, learning quickly and efficiently. It is these arts that enable him to change appearance so readily - a very complicated skill. After his formal training, Bintah quickly realized the potential of fire and shadow, and altered his education to include the powers of the mortal's warlocks.

Bintah was the perfect servant of Yogg'Saron, until the old god sent him on an attack mission against a stronghold of the Alliance. He and his fellows attacked the fortified position, killing many of the humans but were defeated with ease when reinforcements arrived – a massive army of the Alliance. Bintah barely escaped with his life – all of his companions had been slain. Coming to rest in an uninhabited cave, he comes to the conclusion that this was no mistake. The old god had betrayed him – betrayed his entire company – because they were getting too much power among the Faceless army. This enraged Bintah to the point of collapse.

Bintah is eventually found by a priest – an undead. The undead, a kindly cadaver, heals Bintah through the power of the Light. The Light sears through Bintah, scourging him of most of his remaining loyalty to Yogg'Saron, and of his cruel ways. Freed of his unbearable loyalty to his former master, Bintah travels through the mortal races, sworn to a life free of the darkness he felt for centuries. And if he sometimes refers to Yogg'Saron as master without thinking about it... Well, he probably doesn't mean anything by it.

((Sorry for the short history, I couldn't find much reference material for a good description of the life of a Faceless one in servitude to an old god.))
    Last edited by Diabloss; 2012-01-14 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

10+ Year Old Account
    *Jaw Drops* It was a little short, as I was so intrigued I wished highly that there was more. This makes me feel like my character bio was so less creative! Lol. Can't wait to get our RP started. Now that I've read your bio I can much better understand your actions thus far. Except maybe the desire to only observe the people in the Bar, rather than talk to them, as you here now state that He has a vast love for the Human race, and would be pleasured to have a conversation. Sorry, I don't mean to overthink your bio lol. But ya, I'm gonna go get started on that intro. (Can't wait for Tovarish to learn some of this stuff!)
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Thanks! I actually feel inadequate next to yours, I just elaborated on the details. And in the tavern I was thinking a bit more of a cautious character, but I think he's a good compromise with this. Really looking forward to getting more in depth with the characters!
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Diabloss, and welcome to the RP Forum. First off I have some questions about your bio that cant really be answered by lore. Since little is actually known of the Faceless society, as in politics or social order, I would say that ranks or such among a Faceless army might be irrelevant. Now we know that the faceless have different types of units, as in spellcasters, fighters, and the large "generals" we have seen, but as for a rising in the ranks, there is very little known. The point I'm trying to say is that, it could be possible in the Faceless society that one is "born" into a position and the only way to improve in rank would be to receive power from an Old Gold directly, which would most likely only happen when the said old god needed the usefulness of that faceless.

Now as for your character rebelling, once again we have very little to go on here. Do faceless have complete control of themselves, or does the controlling Old Gold have supreme power? Here is my next question

" Coming to rest in an uninhabited cave, he comes to the conclusion that this was no mistake. The old god had betrayed him – betrayed his entire company – because they were getting too much power among the Faceless army. This enraged Bintah to the point of collapse. "

Here is my next question, why would your character, who had previously had unwavering loyalty to yogg, all of the sudden break from the Old God because of one lost battle? And why would Yogg have betrayed your company? I know that your character can perceive the outcome of the battle differently from others, but why would he come to that assumption? Yogg had always been very powerful, how would one lost battle make it seem that he was hoarding all of the strength?

The next part where your character is healed by the Forsaken. Why would the undead have healed your character? Did Bintah somehow convince the undead that he wasn't hostile? You must remember, all Faceless were seen as monsters that had to be destroyed.

These are some question that I thought pertained to your character, simply because such little is actually known about the Faceless. Think these over.

Vadoor I think this quote can answer your second question.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabloss
    Also, I tried to make a hint of whether or not Bintah is aware of a lingering hold of the old gods on him. I think it would be an interesting point to at one point have him realize that the old god is still in control, which would make a rogue Faceless one more plausible if it was by the design of the old god.
    All in all for a first attempt, I'd say it's a good bio. I don't think we'll ever get the knowledge necessary to have a completely in-depth Faceless One bio compared to say a sin'dorei or human bio.

Thanks both of you for your comments! Vadoor what The Madgod quoted me on was a bit of my reasoning for the rogueality of Bintah, I'm not sure yet how I want that to play out. And the undead who healed Bintah I would say is one of those people who would, for example, help a rabid dog back to health even though it still snaps at them, because they have a kindly heart. Also, another theory, think of the quest where you free a Faceless One in Northrend - you don't even know what it is (presumably) which is why you help it.

Either way, I do agree that I took some liberties with this bio, there's just no easy way of researching the lives of a Faceless One to make a good solid bio on that front. Thank you again!

Actually the Faceless One in the Saronite Mine mentally compells the character to help it, but that's semantics.

10+ Year Old Account
    All in all you did a good job Diabloss and I'm looking forward to role playing with you in a future RP