Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    Tera Online man! Tera online...

The Koreans seem to disagree.
    Care to elaborate why you think Tera is better than GW2, or why GW2 is not worthy in your eyes?
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-01-16 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    Tera Online man! Tera online...
    As I posted in another thread:

The game bombed out the gates in Korea, the lead designer left shortly after release stating that the game didn't turn out as he expected, players left quickly due to no endgame, the game being too easy and not enough grinding so noobs wouldn't be separated from the "elite". Monthly fees for Japanese players were something like $30 a month, though that may not have any bearing on the NA prices. So the Korean team is in disarray, Korean players left en mass so what this means is slower development of the Korean version which in turn means even slower development of the NA version. Have fun waiting on content patches because you're not going to see them often.

Honestly though, you really think an action combat system tacked onto the standard MMO model made by Korean devs is going to stand a chance against GW2? Clearly you don't realize all good will for Korean MMOs in NA/Europe is gone after Aion.

Really? Hearing that about TERA is quite disappointing as I was looking forward to it. Ah well. Luckily there are always other things to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, the only other MMO that I can think of coming out soon is ArcheAge. If GW2 does not live up to its expectation then I will try ArcheAge to see what a permanently changed and evolving environment will be like. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably give up on the MMO genre, since no one seems to know wtf to do anymore with it.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    Titan may have good PvE but given the fact that Tiggole was put in charge of it you must realize the class balance is most likely going to be absolutely horrible.

For those who don't know Tiggole has a long history of making sure certain classes were the way they were, like rogues in vanilla, TBC etc... when they could CC multiple people to death at once while being one of the only viable melee dps.
    You mean like Ghostcrawler and mages ?

Honestly I don't get what all the fuss about so called "failed" MMOs is. I'm currently playing SWTOR and having a blast with it. I never tried Rift because at the time I was playing WoW and didn't see the point in leaving another fantasy MMO. I plan to play WoW again sometime when MoP comes out. And I plan to play GW2 when it comes out.

I really don't understand why people feel the need to demonize one game just so they can play another.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    The Koreans seem to disagree.
    Care to elaborate why you think Tera is better than GW2, or why GW2 is not worthy in your eyes?
    More actiony combat system?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    As posted by Omlech:

The game bombed out the gates in Korea, the lead designer left shortly after release stating that the game didn't turn out as he expected, players left quickly due to no endgame, the game being too easy and not enough grinding so noobs wouldn't be separated from the "elite". Monthly fees for Japanese players were something like $30 a month, though that may not have any bearing on the NA prices. So the Korean team is in disarray, Korean players left en mass so what this means is slower development of the Korean version which in turn means even slower development of the NA version. Have fun waiting on content patches because you're not going to see them often.

Honestly though, you really think an action combat system tacked onto the standard MMO model made by Korean devs is going to stand a chance against GW2? Clearly you don't realize all good will for Korean MMOs in NA/Europe is gone after Aion.

Hope it's not copyrighted bud xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    That's one part of the game and you're right on that point, the combat system might be great fun. But as Omlech posted, all the rest of the game is under serious criticism. A great game needs more than just a combat system. Otherwise you'll be bored after 2 hours.

I hope they can improve it but as it stands right now. I really do. I just doubt it, especially with people leaving.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-01-17 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    That's one part of the game and you're right on that point, the combat system might be great fun. But as Omlech posted, all the rest of the game is under serious criticism. A great game needs more than just a combat system. Otherwise you'll be bored after 2 hours.

I hope they can improve it but as it stands right now. I really do. I just doubt it, especially with people leaving.
    Well I wasn't planning on getting it anyway. PS: combat system can make the game, if it's sophisticated enough - try out Mount & Blade: Warband to see what I'm talking about
    I'd love to see such combat system in an MMO. Oh well.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Well considering it'll be the last MMO I ever buy, I will probably start actually getting my skill level back up in FPS's and play a hell of a lot more Minecraft. The genre simply isn't doing it for me anymore. It's always the same EQ style, no mold breaking gameplay. I love Guild Wars and still play it and GW2 will be the MMO for years to come for me.

But a side note: it will rock so we don't have to worry about the horrible things that would happen if it didn't ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirik View Post
    I am done with MMO's until titan, I get on the hype train way to often and then get let down on release

*cough* Rift
    *cough* SWTOR
    Rift and swtor are wow clones, guildwars 2 is a guildwars improvement. not a clone of wow.

Well I highly doubt you will be disappointed in GW2 simply due to the fact it will actually be dif in the way that you are not following a set path/story like in other mmos but you make your story more or less.

Really love the aspect of losing towns to enemies. That was a great part of RIFT I enjoyed. You actually went out in the world and made a difference to some extent. GW2 will push this one step further I think. Just curious how end game will pan out and the replayability factor. How many zones will there be and if you decide to level a new toon things might look dif.

Not a big fan of GW1 simply due to the fact controls felt clunky and you had everything instanced meaning the exploring factor was out of the question. Hopefully gw2 will be way better.
    Last edited by methus; 2012-01-18 at 10:40 AM.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali